They can't all be wrong, can they ???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Arrghh!

If you want to present something, at least copy and paste the important shit from the report.

Instead of the -oh, this is my point, but I couldnt be stuffed doing any work, you want proof, heres the link, download the pdf and read the whole thing yourselves ya fuckers - attitude

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

The link is there they can read it or the summery here that you linked to earlier –

The Fiscal Impact of Immigration on the UK

Anyway - So you still only have ‘belief’ - not evidence - to back up your claims that migrants and specifically EU migrants are at fault for the stress on the UK social infrastructure (hospitals schools etc) and not neoliberal austerity that even the present Johnson government now seems to be admitting to?

3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

So lets get this clear you are admitting you haven’t a clue about neoliberalism?

4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

Sorry this is hilarious in context – I mean come on man you are doing no work - nothing – oh you have a good line in sneers but you seem completely unable to explain or answer questions because you are ill informed and too lazy to change that.

To repeat its hard to have an honest debate with someone that pretends they have knowledge that they don’t and bases many of their arguments on personal beliefs built on their own bias and prejudice.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

[​IMG]

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Are You OK There VG...????....Should I Call An "Amberlamps".....????... :p

Cheers Glen.

7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

So it is Yes you haven’t a clue about neoliberalism?

So why waste all our time by claiming you did?

Can you please treat people with a bit of respect, stop all the bullshit and begin debating honestly

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

If VG did that everybody would think somebody else was using his account...

Running Horse likes this.
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ok, I tell you what, somewhere in this thread, and Im not going to bother to go back and try find it, you said you have previously written a whole bunch of essays on neoliberalism, or something along those lines

Let me read one, pdfs can easily be exported to text. Dont worry if the formatting is skewed. Or alternatively if you have already posted one on this site, point me in the right direction

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

LOL and you complain about others been lazy…

Post 109

LOL ok well I’ve written a lot on neoliberalism in this forum in fact a large chunk of the posts in the Libertarian sub-forum are from me going back years all there for anyone to see but haven’t seen much by you so ok your time to shine go on man overwhelm us with your brilliant insights and knowledge.

So what are the basic tenets of neoliberalism?

But if you are too lazy to go back a couple of pages i bet you are going to be far too lazy to go read the threads

So its now very clear that you never did know anything about neoliberalism and are only now trying to find out about it

WHY the hell didn’t you do that first before claiming you knew all about it?

To repeat - Can you please treat people with a bit of respect, stop all the bullshit and begin debating honestly

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Oh and talking of the lazy where did Oxo go – seems the slightest pushback and he runs for the hills.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So, no essays then

Its ok, took a sneak peek in the Brexit thread, got what I think I need from there

Neoliberalism - an ideology of tending towards zero public ownership and interferance across political, social and economic areas...so in part cutting government spending

Austerity - raising income of publically owned entities or cutting spending on publically owned entities to somehow magically promote growth and reduce budget deficits....so in part cutting government spending

They are part an parcel of the same thing.

So when you say "not just austerity but neoliberalism as well"

What do you think our readers now think of your grasp on those concepts?

And you can see now, if I had made this post on page 2 it would have made far less impact compared to half a dozen pages of you ranting I dont what neoliberalism is. I or anyone else for that matter; you just google neoliberalism and you get -> tending towards free market capitalism. Its not rocket science. And you are the one that went on like that for 6 pages, you only have yourself to blame.

Also, as I said before, you cant claim conservative neoliberalism if Thatcher or any that followed never sold off the NHS, thats a huge chunk of public ownership

And Keynes again seriously? Somehow they are going to skip over Freidman and another dozen of the worlds most influencial economists, back to 1930s Keynes and the only economist you remember from high school economics?

Yeah, you might want to stop swearing at members then, I have seen you swear at Irminsul, Alonso and myself in the last week

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    If people seem to ask for it or try to trigger it a swear is not that bad.
    You are deliberately wasting other peoples time. You should be glad Balbus doesn't use his mod privileges. I would probably given a serious warning by now. You're terribly evasive and annoying and often seem to aim to ruin a serious and good convo. I'm glad I'm not a mod (but in earnest I rarely see Balbus acting like one. He could step it up a notch. Instead he keeps repeating and summarizing to get you to answer... praisworthy. As it is generally pointless.)

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ok, so why didnt you just copy and paste a quick definition of neoliberalism? to get the ball rolling

Or add a few points, actually get involved

Instead of the usual Asmo just being Asmo

I'm guessing you googled neoliberalism to double check what it means: tending towards free market capitalism, thats pretty much it. What is not going to be understandable about that? And what magic revelation was going to occur if I didnt somehow understand that. Definition of neoliberalism still has nothing to do with the assertion immigration to UK has no impact on its infrastructure

If you did at least google neoliberalism and didnt offer up anything to our third party readers, you are just as complicit Asmo, you cant really be a quarter involved in a thread. Or more specifically if people see your only involvement in a thread is to take a swipe at another member, it will just look like a grudge from outside that thread

I dont involve myself in the Brexit thread, because its already too late. If they ever attempted a second referendum, then the UK isnt a democracy anymore. And the more things are stalled, the more likely it will be a no deal exit.

But far more important things to worry about. Since the internet got up to speed mid 2000s, its a whole different world economy now, where monetary policy doesnt even work anymore. And just like the 1930s its going to take a whole lot of "experts" around the workd too long to stuff around and argue how best to fix it.

US is about to try reign in Amazon, be interesting to see what happens

And I dont see how the worlds economies arent going to be forced into universal welfare

15. Why don't you all just be friends. :disappointed:

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What! I'm offended!

[​IMG]

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Sorry.....But When It Comes To "Politics".....There Is No Such Thing As A "Friend".....Sad But True....:cry:

Cheers Glen.

18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

This was hilarious it was like a child giving a book report when they hadn’t read the book and are trying to bluff it out….errrr….Treasure Island is about…is about this treasure and it’s like ….on this island….and the treasure is lots of gold and silver and jewls… and stuff…and it’s on this island which is in the sea and surrounded by water

Really funny but also embarrassing

Errr…Neoliberalism is like…an ideology….of tending towards zero public ownership….and interferance across political and social and economic areas...and stuff…so in part cutting government spending…

Hilarious and yes embarrassing

Your replies show no real knowledge or understanding of neoliberalism you are just throwing out phrases and names in the hope people don't realise it's all a bluff

You even seem to be asking us to help you to explain things for you, like the little kid looking to the teacher in the hope they will support them… it is about treasure isn’t it….

So what have we learnt – well you are a liar, you are lazy, you don’t read very well and you want to be a big bad internet bully but haven’t got the brains for it.

For example

I think you were trying for a mean girl burn – but the problem is that ‘austerity’ is a series of policies, neoliberalism is an ideology they are related but not the same and you would know that it you put in the work but you are far too lazy to put in the work.

So when asked on page two you didn’t think to even try to find out what neoliberalism was until now?

As I say your laziness astounds

And what is - I dont what neoliberalism is – do you mean ‘I do know what neoliberalism is’?

LOL I think you know as much about the subject as the kid does about Treasure Island

So what does that mean? How is it expressed? What are its implications? What are the tenets of neoliberalism?

Again you clearly haven’t a clue what you are going on about – I’d ask you to explain but I’m sure you are too lazy to do it.

LOL just throwing out names is the bluffers way to try and convince people you know what you are talking about, like the kid from the book report shouting out ‘Long John Silver’ and ‘Robert Lewis Stevenson’ because he has read the dust cover blurb in the hope that it convinces the teacher he’s read the whole book.

Sorry mate it doesn’t work

As I said before the taunt that we have high school knowledge doesn’t work when you clearly haven’t even attained that of a middle school student.

Bluffing can only get you so far before it becomes embarrassing…and really funny

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

But you only have a ‘belief’ - not evidence - to back up your claims that migrants and specifically EU migrants are at fault for the stress on the UK social infrastructure (hospitals schools etc) and not neoliberal austerity that even the present Johnson government now seems to be admitting to?

Why?

I mean if you actually read the Brexit thread you would know why your statement isn’t true but of course you are far too lazy to do that.

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Irm

You shouldn’t be because it isn’t true as I’ve mentioned VG doesn’t read that well.