They can't all be wrong, can they ???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I say we have a higher minimum wage.....you reply with Australians cant be trusted to assemble things?

Huh?

Its cheaper to make and yes assemble the cars in china stick them in a container on a container vessel, sail 8000 kms to Australia......than it is to make or assemble them here

Yes that might sound crazy

But paying your cheapest workers $25 an hour vs $5 an hour for every little thing remotely associated with bringing that car into existence, shit adds up quickly

As for US, you lot love cars more, you are more spread out, there are a lot more of you of course and you have a lower minimum wage.

Still, if you look at where all the ford plants are, they all seem to be in the midwest

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Put it this way, would you ever buy a russian made car? I definitely would never set foot on a russian made airplane

3. $7.65 is our minimum wage in the US. It's fuggin ridiculous.

4. Why not drive a Russian made car? I don't understand.

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I'm taking the piss. Isn't that what Australians say? Implying Australians are no good convict drunks who can't stay sober and assemble things. GM and Ford build in Mexico now. Some things like trucks the buyer demands more American parts but the older union member get all kinds of perks new ones don't. They say they have no choice but to move to Meixco. I'm very pro union, I'd have to disagree. The real issue is that people can't afford new cars so ni one gets a new car now. In the 50's they are meant to go to shit after 5 years and the prices are such that you want a new one. Now if you take care of an old Ford truck it lasts. I have a 20 year old Ranger and the new ones are too big and expensive for me personally. Why would I spend 50K on a truck? That's about the average for a new Ford with options. 50k I spend on a German car since I see why. A truck is supposed to be simple and I can dent it if I want. I can't dent my BMW!

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Go buy one, 6 months later you will understand ;)

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, and thats another issue

Bullshit like parking assist, that arent options anymore in some cars, automatically added to the base model.

Then when you realise you are really just paying an extra couple grand just for the 10% of people that cant reverse park for shit. And as you pointed out its stopping some people from buying new cars.

Then on top of that, what you also mentioned: planned obsolescence, the car companies know all the extra electonic gizmos are going to fuck up; get to that point well before the odometer gets to a million miles where its cheaper to trade it in than pay to fix the electronic windows that dont work anymore. Which also stops some people buying new cars

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Does Russia even make cars?

9. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

Solution , stop buying new cars and invest in older models without all the crap.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Man up and buy a truck.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Its a spin off from neoliberalism, on which VG doesn't want to expand anymore. So he evades and changes the topic slightly.

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

So ONCE AGAIN what the fuck is ‘Eisensulfid neoliberalism’ ?

And this CONSTANT EVASION make me think that you haven’t a clue what neoliberalism is.

I mean if that is the limit of your knowledge of neoliberalism and its history then you clearly haven’t a clue about it.

SO ONCE AGAIN -

What are the basic tenets of neoliberalism?

PS: There are several books out there that I could recommend to help you out you could try – A brief history of neoliberalism by David Harvey – it’s an easy ready meant as an introduction.

13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

LOL it was actually me that posted a link to the FULL report – people can go check it and the calculations if they wish.

Read the full report – it is a download

So you still only have ‘belief’ - not evidence - to back up your claims that migrants and specifically EU migrants are at fault for the stress on the UK social infrastructure (hospitals schools etc) and not neoliberal austerity that even the present Johnson government now seems to be admitting to?

But it is YOUR assertion – your belief – based on no evidence that EU migrants are the reason for the stress on the UK’s social infrastructure and not neoliberal policies that have in real terms limited or pulled away resources from public service areas putting them under stress.

14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

So can you think why was that?

Do you remember what was said earlier…you can take notes if you can’t keep up LOL

I mean places like Germany [and Japan] for example the government (federal and local) work together with the banks and industry and in that way make German companies competitive and it means they have a strong manufacturing base. One of those things is vocational education at public schools and the training of apprentices

The neoliberal approach is to step back and let the ‘market’ work things out in the manufacturing sector, although it did encourage the financial services. This has resulted in a rather weak British manufacturing sector or one owned by foreign companies [eg Japanese] for example we now have German companies owning ‘British’ car makers.

A statement that clearly shows you need to take note of what’s been said before and when you are unsure don’t just try and wing it with some ill-informed rants.

15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

OK to recap so far…

VG hasn’t a clue what neoliberalism is about

VG hasn’t a clue about UK history

VG bases his ideas on ‘believing’ things based on his own prejudices rather than evidence.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh my god

For the 4th time calculations are bullshit

Prove otherwise

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

[​IMG]

Eisensulfid -> Iron Sulfide-> Fools Gold -> Chasing something that isnt the real thing

Fa-hark!

18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

And i think for the thrird time it was actually me that posted a link to the FULL report – people can go check it and the calculations if they wish.

Read the full report – it is a download

So you still only have ‘belief’ - not evidence - to back up your claims that migrants and specifically EU migrants are at fault for the stress on the UK social infrastructure (hospitals schools etc) and not neoliberal austerity that even the present Johnson government now seems to be admitting to?

19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

OK so you are admitting you haven’t a clue about neoliberalism?

Then why pretend you did?

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

Look man it’s very hard to have an honest debate with someone that pretends they have knowledge that they don’t and bases many of their arguments on personal beliefs based purely on their own bias and prejudice.

It just means we end up going around in circles of your evasion.

Either get informed or stop posting this crap.