They can't all be wrong, can they ???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Actually I think you're wrong, unless you've used your modpower to edit a post without us knowing about and you wanna know why I say that? Because I remember considering stirring you up about it and how mods should be more respectful to members.

I didn't do it though because you seem like the type that clings on to everything people say when you don't agree with it and I didn't want to waste any of your time.

Now that's respectful.

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Irm

You ‘think’ you ‘remember’ but you don’t have any evidence, but you are happy to accuse someone on just that, wow.

Ok - what VG is talking about is post 66 because he brought it up at the time in post 71

I said - ‘You hadn’t a clue what you were talking about - that actually you hadn’t read a fucking word of what had been said - and you honestly didn’t know what ‘guns’ where meant to be stuck to?’

I was using ‘fucking’ as what I think might be called an emphasizing adjective.

VG as I’ve said is not that good at reading he’s misread things in the past like that.

And again I ask why should I respect someone that was giving their support to one side in an arguement even when they couldn't even be bothered to know or find out what people were talked about?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thats quite the rant

I notice you didnt correct anything though.

You could just be a grown up and give our third party readers a breakdown of neoliberalism and what that has to do with the assertion immigration into the UK has nothing to do with the strain on the infrastructure they are using

As I said before I hadnt really bothered with the Brexit thread until recently, rather an interesting read, not on regards to the subject of Brexit, its already too late for that. It was interesting in that you didnt seem to be actually interacting with anyone, and never answering anyones questions

Regularly repeating - leavers dont have a rational explanation for leaving because their isnt a rational reason

Which is curious because they already voted, and your side lost, so who gives a shit

And since rational just means being expressible and understandable by someone; voting to leave just because they felt like it is a perfectly rational explanation, so is eenie meenie minie mo

Also in your definition of austerity there you got it wrong anyway - "but the problem is that ‘austerity’ is a series ofpolicies"

Austerity is the term used to describe social/political/economic changes designed to increase income for the government and/or reduce government expenditure

Its not a term for the policies themselves, or a series of policies. And there are no set series of policies that define austerity

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So you are basically mansplaining how/if she should be offended

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

LOL how do you correct crap - is it like polishing a turd?

Oh hell your laziness knows no bounds, I mean even now you still haven’t got a clue what neoliberalism is and you want me to tell you.

You are the kid again but this time trying to get your mum to read and write the next book assignment so you don’t have to.

Sorry mate I’m not your mummy do the fucking work yourself.

So the idea or belief doesn’t have to be reasonable, valid, legitimate, evidence based or stand up to even mild criticism?

So basically in your mind any thought or belief is rational, if someone thinks something it is rational to them - even if they can’t defend that idea, belief or thought in any reasonable, valid or legitimate way?

That is a disturbing insight into how you think and I can now see why you find it hard if not impossible to make actual real world rational arguments

Like this the belief based on no evidence that migrants and specifically EU migrants are at fault for the stress on the UK social infrastructure (hospitals schools etc) and not neoliberal austerity that even the present Johnson government now seems to be admitting to?

6. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

Well since I didn’t swear at her she can’t be offended for that but she might be offended that I have little respect for her for giving her support to one side in an argument even when she didn’t even know what people were talked about?

7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

So what does that mean?

How is it expressed?

What are its implications?

What are the tenets of neoliberalism?

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, see. You were being rude and obnoxious.
    And don't respect me idgaf lol.
    I still don't even know what you're one about other than my name keep fallin' out yo mouth.

9. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

VG

Discussing American auto manufacturing can't accurately be done without examining the various regional differences in the USA.
    The " Big Three " Ford, GM and Fiat/Chrysler are UAW dominated which means contract limitations prevent them from locating facilities south of the Mason Dixon line where wages are often lower and the regulatory / tax burden is significantly less, it's far easier for these companies to just off shore which they're doing.

Most of the Midwest region is closed shop ( compulsory unionism ) where one exists, while the South and Southwest is open shop ( right to work state ) .

Next we have Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes , Volkswagen and others all manufacturing below the Mason Dixon line and thriving. Two states in that region, Tennessee and Texas have absolutely no income tax and very low business taxes. Others like Alabama and Mississippi have gone out of their way to accommodate these companies with incentives and location packages that were irresistible.

It is the tale of two worlds , two very different philosophies of doing business.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Goddamn, how pathetic can 2 people act. One has nothing to add to the thread at all and does all the things she hates when people do it to her and the other has so much time on his hands he wastes it on a discussion he doesn't care about.

The only critical comment on Balbus here is why in earth counter VG so in depth when its clear he's only in it to keep you going. Oh yeah, and ignore the troll.
    This thread is mainly pathetic because VG and Irms get too much serious attention. Sure, that the threadstarter doesn't know nuance doesn't help but charging your OP seems the standard on here... That's what good replies are for i guess.

I understand the urge to ruin bogus threads and troll bullshitters (yungsavis conceited thread comes to mind), but this is just old fashioned trolling. Mod could (should) give a solid warning.

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

yeah, but asmo, like you pretty much said..
    VG cannot waste Balbus' time unless he wants it to be wasted.
    why not just leave them to it?

12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

i find it all quite fun to read : )

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Round and round in circles

This is the post that started this whole tangent, Im still waiting for an explanation of how you think this assertion could be true.

This post came before everything else, so you are the one thats been stalling

An assertion I knew was indefendible as soon as I saw it

You have already given an incorrect definition of austerity, on neoliberalism you said the same thing I did, its an ideology. Havent even said what version of neoliberalism you are referring to

8 pages now of asking for a definition of neoliberalism.

So now you have to explain what that was going to achieve; besided more misdirection

Or even how a definition of neoliberalism had any relevance to the tangent at hand and what its going to accomplish

I already gave you a quick definition of neoliberalism, then you are on to tenets of liberalism, more diversionary tactics to lead us away from ever having to explain how 1/4 of UKs population has nothing to do with the strain on its infrastructure

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So why not add content to the thread, add to the discussion even if it is another tangent. Instead of just personally critisicing other members all the time, because thats getting really old.

I havent seen anything in depth with the neoliberalism tangent.

It isnt just me, it isnt just this thread, no one can have a flowing discussion with Balbus. The Brexit thread is a perfect example, as I have not been involved in that
    You cant really have a discussion with someone that is going to be agressive all the time, trying to pretend everyone else is too dumb to understand basic concepts that counter their assertions, just going to comeback all leave voters are racist and /or Thatcher era politics are to blame for everything that follow. Or the Tories are cunts and discussion never moves past that. Yawn

So now you are suggesting mods should give warnings to people that annoy them IN.....politics threads......which would end up eliminating every brexit leave voter, anyone that thinks the EU is pseudo communism, anyone that knows all economic metrics have improved under Trump....and probably everyone that still doesnt want to blame Thatcher for everything ;)

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's against policies to suggest/tell what a mod can do so you need a warning too. Read the rules and regs and you will see ain't nuttin been done to us cause we ain't done nuttin wrong.
    What we got here is a few folks having a good argument with one another and you sitting over there on the sidelines being an armchair moderator with basically just as much, or little, contribution to the thread itself it's like you just throw your opinions around with a solid hope that'll you'll be included in the conversation somewhere along the line. Lulz. Troll. Lonely troll. Now you can throw all your insults around under the guise it might effect us, but if you really think we are trolls then the pathetic thing is while we troll, you sit there and read it. :sweatsmile:

So quit yo jibber jabber, cause y'ain't foolin' nobody, pookie. Trying to manipulate a moderators power to get your own way is just gutless.

And for the record, being on topic, who gives a flying fuck what 150 politicians think about trump when 150 million more people think the same and he's still their President. Their thoughts and opinions don't obviously matter.

16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

The UK’s infrastructure is struggling both social (NHS, welfare etc) and physical (public roads buildings) due to a right wing supported austerity policy

LOL - But which you have been unable to address or refute

And more laughter - which I notice you are still unable to do.