There is more than Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by fedor, Mar 27, 2005.

1. mafuman

mafuman Banned

don't forget:

mother's day is right around the corner!

2. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

lol these 2 sound like some one living in las vegas sayin"there's more than gambling here ya know!" we know that amsterdam has alot more to offer but we're to stoned to find em !

3. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

alright, alright people. we all know amsterdam is beautiful and has more to offer than just pot and hookers. Fedor is the dumb ass friendless loser who doesn't know this and he lives in Holland. this thread is getting old!

4. fedor

fedor Member

:(

5. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

like I said.....you even look the part

6. 420

420 Stoned Immaculate

And

Well, not being Dutch I could say the first quote was quite an insult as well.

My wife and I are coming next week, and we certainly will smoke some pot, and as we have a very active sex life, I would bet good money we will get laid as well, just not with someone else.

But we also have several other items on our agenda:

The Ann Frank House
    Several museums- we are both big Van Gogh fans
    A trip to the tulip fields
    Hit some clubs and listen to some music
    Drinking a lot of beer and wine
    Meet some interesting people and make new friends

About the only thing we haven't been real thrilled about is what we have read about the cuisine in The Netherlands, but we will still try some of your local dishes. :p

7. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Heh :) I like the traditional stews & such, but they're mostly good after a cold day of hard work... not so much for a nice dinner on a holiday. Usually when I go out for dinner I'll find some etnic restaurant, any decent-sized town has a good choice of Greek, Italian & Chinese restaurants. :)

8. mafuman

mafuman Banned

that picture reminds me of a ukrainian pimp i saw in the red light. i see the pimps come out when the girls check in for work, i suppose it is for protection, or he might have the keys. i remember this one girl securing her bike before working and at the time it struck me as funny that she rode a bike but i guess it shouldn't really come as any surprise.

i wanted to go to amsterdam this spring but i just started a new job and won't probably be able to go for 6 months at least.

9. Kabbalist

Kabbalist Member

I don't get the thing of foreigners coming to Amsterdam to smoke pot. Once, Britney Spears gave a concert and after it she went with a bunch of celebs to a coffeeshop. You might be surprised, but after ten minutes she and a few bodyguards came out, ren to her car and went away! From a distance everyone could she La Spears was in a terrible condition. I laughed my ass off when I heared this, it's so typical, it can be seen everyday in Amsterdam.

And the thing about Den Haag, it's a really cool place but most of the people don't go further than the Binnenhof and Spui. If you look through the silly "attractions" you'll see a city which is absolutely ful of spirit.

Especially on Queensday when the festival is much better than Amsterdam. Okay, it's busy too, but everyone is so relaxed. I was in Amsterdam once and you could really "taste" violence, it was a never again experience.

By the way, Amsterdam is really nice except on Queensday.

10. Kabbalist

Kabbalist Member

Skip the tulip fields, nothing more than a bunch of flowers, nothing special. However, if you want to be overrun by photographing Japanese tourists it's an option :) . Visit Den Haag or 's-Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch) if you have some time, really nice cities.

11. Kabbalist

Kabbalist Member

I'm sorry, I think you're missing the whole thread. He knows it well, that's why he's trying to tell you why he hates it that much. Would be more easy for him if you should pay attention and respect his opinion. And by the way, you don't live in Holland which is abused by stupid tourists who every summer take their filth to the capitol. Not everyone of course, but I mean the "Lonely Planet backpackers", just here to do things they are not allowed to do in their own country. Irritating!

12. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

How is it an insult if i said the people who go here JUST to get laid and stoned. As in, do nothing else. Youre planning to do something else, so i dont see why you took it so personal. Try a kroket, youll like it.

13. mafuman

mafuman Banned

i actually go to holland for the krokets. its the first thing i do when i get off the plane, it'll be nine am and i'll be harassing some guy in schiphol for a kroket. i can tell that not alot of people eat krokets that early in the morning. i usually get a funny look.

14. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

you can try to find one of those walls, with food in it. you dont have to bother anyone, just put a euro in the wall, and there's your kroket :)

15. fedor

fedor Member

I only like my Kroket(ten) with bread and mustard.

[​IMG]

you can also get a Mc Kroket at McDonalds, but that's a fake one, and doesn't even taste like a real kroket
    [​IMG]

16. Kabbalist

Kabbalist Member

The McKroket has that disgusting suace on it... Just order it without the sauce and it tastes almost like a normal kroket.

Trouwens, wat is er met je gebeurd op de foto?

17. mafuman

mafuman Banned

i tried the mcKroket, it was disgusting, i figured it would be but i had to take the chance. i was leaving schiphol and it was my last chance for a kroket.
    kroket with mustard is the best. i never liked mustard until i had it with a kroket. i dont much care for the bread with it.

it surprises me how many people i know go to amsterdam and dont try a kroket. it seems so easy. it has been one of my missions to educate peoples about the wonders of krokets but i have failed so many times. everyone who tells me they are going, i tell them: eat a kroket.

18. Kabbalist

Kabbalist Member

Did you try the 'frikandel'? It's really Dutch too. Althought everyone is telling horrorstories about the ingredients...

19. mafuman

mafuman Banned

tried it, not my favorite. I tried some of those nasi things too but again when compared to the superiorness of a kroket i just don't feel like bothering.

20. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

i seen those krokets what are they made of? wall of food? feebo's?