There is more than Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by fedor, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Utopia_Erwtje

Utopia_Erwtje Member

I agree

2. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

otoooooooo 666 veiws i knew this thread was evil!

3. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH *runs and hides*

4. Insight_m

Insight_m Member

you cant exactly go to a cafe and smoke weed in every country can you?
    or you dont go window shopping for hookers in every country either..

But amsterdam still sucks :) been there one, and once is enough... nothing major about it

5. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

The only thing that sucks about it, is that people just go there to smoke pot and get laid.

6. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

That's Just One Of The Many Great Things About Amsterdam. Smoking Pot And Getting Laid Is Bad? Sounds Like You Have Done Niether And Need To Visit Amsterdam Lol What Is With You Dutch Hating Your Awesome City Of Amsterdam.

7. Utopia_Erwtje

Utopia_Erwtje Member

I dont hate amsterdam!!! Amsterdam is cool!! but I like Zwolle better :p... there are my roots man! you can smoke pot in Zwolle too :D ghehehhehe... I love zwolle :p...
    but amsterdam is great too. I dont like rotterdam... but hey, everyone has its own preferences! (is that a word?)

8. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

I love Amsterdam, but im fine having fun without smoking something first. And seriously, im 16, and a girl, do you honestly think that getting laid with some random woman is something id do?

9. Insight_m

Insight_m Member

Thats the whole point of Amserdam....
    Everyone should visit amsterdam atleast once in their lifetime, just for the experience.I slept with a hooker because I wanted to "experience" it in amsterdam not because i wanted to get "laid" in amsterdam. None of my friends did, they were like "we dont need to pay for sex". But i thought hell with that, you only live once..

10. fedor

fedor Member

and the next morning you have numerous STD's

11. Insight_m

Insight_m Member

well, thats why u wear a condom :rolleyes:

12. mikeymike

mikeymike Member

Totally agree, The experience was what I look for. Its got absolutely nothing to do with paying for sex, safe sex at that. I go to Amsterdam almost every year, I party, eat, drink and do whatever I feel like doing.

I love to experience life and everything it has to offer, that includes sex.
    Sex is one facet of A'dam, there is so much to do there. Cant wait for Queens Day.

PEACE

MIKEYMIKE :sunglasse

13. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

Being Dutch, i consider that an insult.

14. Insight_m

Insight_m Member

Being a pot smoker i could take what you said as an insult! :) . Im pretty sure your country is very pleased with the number of tourists Amsterdam attracts.
    Im just being real, you think people visit amsterdam to watch Windmills?

15. Born2bfree

Born2bfree Member

Having lived in some of Englands most desirable locations, including Wilmslow, Harrogate and Wimbledon, I would also like to throw in my own comments. Amsterdam is not just the place itself but also a frame of mind. I came here precisely to treat it as an adult-playground. Money was no issue and the only problem was not enough time to fill my chest of fun. 4 years later, I've come to respect and bow to Amsterdams resilience as a cultural, artistic and growing social village of high minded individuals that can see further than the London Eye or the Eiffel Towers of Europe. Amsterdam has the ability to retain and entertain both its "window shopping" dribbling tourists and its quietly coexisting elegant and classy gentry that preserve the dignity and gravity of Amsterdam. Sadly most tourists have neither the money nor the connections to ever see past the red lights and smokey doorways that are only a tiny part of what this city has to offer.

I have also worked/lived in Rotterdam, Utrecht, Barnevled, Putten, Amersfoort, Zandaam, Herleen and Eindhoven and I can safely say that Amsterdam is the best.

Ex-pat from England.

16. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

wtf? youre saying our country has nothing else to offer than pot and sex, or windmills for that matter, thanks a lot eh.

17. consolidated

consolidated Banned

myrte, you're fighting a lost battle..

The forum is called amsterdam, not holland.. That sais it all I'm afraid..

18. dmgreen

dmgreen ~Hugz 4 All~

VERY true!
    I loved Amsterdam! I thought the people that I met were very nice and I though the city was beautiful! Ya, it has a few problems but doesn't EVERY city or place you go?!

19. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

so? even amsterdam alone has more to offer than just pot and hoes.

20. spryte

spryte Member

Yes, some do. Probably no one from this forum. My mom visited Amsterdam to see the flowers & windmills & diamonds and was quite pleased. She did not partake of pot or hookers.