there have got to be more people from georgia than this

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by bobby____danger, Jul 21, 2008.

1. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Very true! And doobieismyname, hahahahaha that is funny. Well maybe our paths will cross sometime.. you never know.

GardenGuy- I only moved here about 7 months ago, have had my ups and downs here already, but i like living down here, i guess i just enjoy moving around a lot (which i have done since i was about 4 years old!) GardenGuy, if you ever feel so inclined, inbox me sometime. Take care.

2. Doobieismyname

Doobieismyname Member

Its a small world out there

3. hippybubba

hippybubba Member

i'm over here in stone mountain

4. apothecaryvybez

apothecaryvybez Member

Yooo I'm in Savannah. Lived in Athens for the past 4 years though.

5. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

In gwinett county. we are close.

6. hippybubba

hippybubba Member

Yea kinda starting to learn the area. thank the goddess for a garmin (but dam she is a bossy bitch "recalculating") hee hee hee
    PEACE

7. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

There are several ways that we can get more people from Georgia on this forum.
    1. We could wait for people from Georgia to magically show up here.
    2. We could invite our friends to register.
    3. We could get together and start a family and when the kids are old enough, they could join. (Kind of a slow process, but fun in the making).

8. hippybubba

hippybubba Member

i'm down with starting "family" circles. i have 3 acres in stone mountain and want to have full moon drum circles here. i have to sons 8 and 11 so they have to be kid friendly.

9. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Bubba,
    Have you ever been to Hostel in the Forest in Darien between Savannah and Brunswick? They have a sweat lodge at full moon.

What about Enotah way up in the mountains? They have sweat lodge and drum circles.

I think that if we don't include kids in teaching respect and oneness with nature then we risk losing them to a destructive way of thinking and living.

I think reasonable people can sit down together and come to some agreement about rituals that don't violate your values and childrearing goals.

I am personally committed to only attending drug-free rituals. I think that a well-planned ritual in a peaceful natural setting is plenty powerful enough to set your mind on a mighty journey, making a clean break from past thinking.
    I am not knocking people who find that tabac or cannabis makes the reboot a lot easier, but it would be a distraction for me and it may not be something you want around your kids. Even if you don't care, if the law got involved it would really suck to give up your kids to foster care because someone decided to light up a joint at a drum circle.

One branch of my family is from Finland and I practice the sauna ritual fully, including nudity when I am with people who also feel that it is important. But wrapping up at sauna sessions or sweat lodge sessions is not a deal-breaker for me. I can still experience löyly The meaning is lost in English. People look it up and think it just means steam, but the steam is just a symbol of the spiritual state we attain in this sacred place.

I am a Christian, but I try not to take sides in debates between pagans and church folks. I refuse to throw out 4,000 years of European folk ways and nature rituals. While I am not looking for a fight over this, frankly my beliefs in the God of the Bible may bother some pagans who insist that Earth Mother is our focus and some Christians don't appreciate my devotion to the study of Earthkeeping. I prefer to acknowledge the biosphere as a sort of vast colonial organism, the sum total of all nutrient cycles, energy cycles, food chains, symbiosis, mutualism and herd activity.
    In high school biology they introduced us to colonial organisms such as Portuguese Man-o-War that are genetically distinct organisms acting as one. We learned of social insects such as ants that behave as if they were one creature made up of many individuals. Well, there are dynamics between whole communities of plants and animals where the sum of all their activities works to sustain the entire system.

Earthkeeping is a two-way path. As the conscious part of the Biosphere, we have special duties to protect it from both natural inbalance and inbalances caused by our own meddling. There are hints of this concept in Genesis, but it is lost on a lot of people who have abandoned their folk ways.

Secondly, Earthkeeping means keeping ourselves close to the Earth. I make it sound like it is something we do, but it is mostly tuning in to the song nature is singing to us and letting it work on us.

Living in a large urban area with its endless stress and distractions, drum circles, sweat lodge, sauna and simply being in a natural setting are very important on a seaonal basis.
    Our neolithic ancestors lived simpler lives, but they too found it necessary to gather at the full of the moon and the turn of the seasons.

So, yeah, I think you are on to something good!

10. canwegroove

canwegroove Member

im in ga also

11. retrotiltheend

retrotiltheend Guest

I'm visiting Georgia soon. I love it their!

12. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

No need to rush off! Kick off your shoes and stay here for a while!

13. canwegroove

canwegroove Member

GA here also it seems to get a lot of views but not many replies from this site.

14. hippybubba

hippybubba Member

just a bunch of lazy hippies here

15. canwegroove

canwegroove Member

def not lazy at all i try to post as much as ai can i even have the thread posted to my phone so i can read post while im at work. Phish will be in Atlanta 8/25 i hope to see some of you there

16. Tboney

Tboney Member

Vinings area..

17. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I'm from North GA by Acworth/ Marietta area.

18. Tboney

Tboney Member

Me to! Symrna vinings area..

19. culture_shock

culture_shock Member

The whole day through....

20. mntbear

mntbear Guest

Live in the north GA mountains