there are those who will suggest

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by themnax, May 15, 2004.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not in so many words, but by how they live their lives, that we are all intractable demons and that this world is the hell we have been condemed to.
    if i may speak so bold, permit me to suggest that we are instead infant gods, this world is our school and our nursery, and that we have rumpled the blankets of our crib, with our own tantrums.

2. osiris

osiris Senior Member

may i suggest that we simply are? and ascribing this or that such value to what we are is counterproductive to the continuance of being, which is an inalienably constant state of transformation?

much love :)

3. sky_pink

sky_pink er... what's the time?

I feel like neither a demon or a god, because both imply power.

4. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

the baby in an egg theory

5. osiris

osiris Senior Member

the orphic egg. screaming into the blue, tears a rend into the fabric of the only known existance, a yawning chasm that sucks us into a world, of possibility.

much love :)

6. sassure

sassure Member

If we are condemned, it is we who have condemned ourselves, and it is we who can save ourselves. But have we evolved enough to do so?

7. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

De-EVOLVED to the null point and laughed myself to the next revoluzion.
    *grin

8. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

Infant god? Damn, man... I'm 25!

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

we got a funny way thinking of infancy . who's the ancestors - infants or elders ? who's in the future - those wiser than us or alienated from the roots ?

i get redface shy whenever someone says i am a god : no , i
    don't understand these neurotic perspectives of inequality .

10. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

You don't understand why your face swells with blood? LoL.

I opinion that it happens because your not admitting everything your capable of admitting, but are on the path of full realization. By saying this I am not simply meaning thoughtwise(as your red face suggests hehehehe), but into the physical 'doing' realm of god realizazion.

11. Mui

Mui Senior Member

i always thought i was a human

12. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

God always thought itself into finite form....

13. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

the people of the future
    are very nice

14. PointlessWandering

PointlessWandering Member

I have this strong feeling that hell is acutally the life that we make for ourselves on earth and when we die we all go to the same place where everyones released from the poisons in their mind that the real world put in their brain and everyone lives harmoniously in a mentally pure state as they would be if the world didnt screw with their personality and twist them into something less than who they were...

15. moonbeam

moonbeam Member

i agree with the mnax.

16. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

People created this idea of hell because that was indeed an aspect of their entire exitence(mortal life). Fear will keep one alert.

17. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

Heaven and Hell are just another field of experience on this Earth.

My guru maharaj explained it thus...

You hear of hell as being unbearably hot, boling oil is everywhere, he devil comes and sticks a pitchfork in your rear end and throws you into the oil, you suffer terribly, being thrown into the boiling oil, etc etc
    Now consider a fly that sits in some batter. The lady doesnt notice, she scoops up the batter and puts it in the frying pan, the fly goes along with it and falls into the boiling oil. From the point of view of the fly, is it not the same hell that was described just now?

According to our karma we are incarnated in a place and time whereby we can live out the results of our actions and evolve further. Heaven is achieved by many good deeds, but when the karma of those deeds is exhausted, then you are reborn on earth. Hell is the result of bad deeds, you live through those results and continue your journey. Of course good and bad are nonexistent, there are actions and their results. If hell is considered bad, then the actions leading to such a birth are bad actions. It is limited to that.

The task for us is to evolve beyond karma, to rise above the false idea that I am the doer, to surrender all actions and their results at the lotus feet of the lord, thereby being freed of their consequences (disclaimer : This has to be sincere, not just lip service. Not so easy as it sounds. It isnt an escape route or a license. It doesnt work if you surrender in order to escape consequences, the surrender must be a result of devotion, faith and a desire for liberation.)

18. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

So if there is reincarnation then why don't we remember our past lives? Doesn't not remembering defeat the whole purpose of crappy lives as a consequence of bad karma? I mean, negative consequences only work if you remember how much those consequences sucked. The same basic thing can be said for positive rewards as well.

19. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

We do remember past lives subconciously, there are many who remember them quite vividly also. Often under hypnosis such memories can be recollected.

As for your other question, once we have lived out the fruits of our karma, we are reborn, in a place and time suitable to the continuation of our spiritual progress, whereby our influences are such that they suit our further growth and evolution.

20. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

a) It is not true that we have no memory of past lives, these memories are very much present, though buried deep in the subconcious for most of us. For others memories arise occasionaly, often quite vivid. Usually these memories can be retrieved during hypnosis.

b) When the karma results have been lived out then one is reborn in a place and time suitable to his further evolution. The influences around will be such as to guide us in firther development. Wether or not we actually utilise the opportunity and grow, or vontinue to make the same mistakes and stay stuck in the jaws of delusion, that is in our own hands.