The zeitgeist movement

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Pellinore, Oct 16, 2008.

1. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Yup.

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."

2. SmileyLady-peace!

SmileyLady-peace! Member

I agree, they very much should be. The trouble is, they're not. The Governments know very well that most people go through their lives without challenging or questioning what is going on around them, they just submit to the norm. People do unimaginable things when ordered to do so by their authorities; the Nazi soldiers in WW2 are prime examples of this. The majority of those soldiers were just normal men, some not much more than boys, but they subjected other people to indescrible suffering because they were told to do so by the powers that be. There have been loads of psychological studies into the influence of authority on normal people and they prove that most people will do anything if they are told to. Most of those soldiers were not inherently evil people, they were just easily influenced, like the majority of people today.

I know that the Zeitgeist movement has problems with it, and I know the Venus Project is flawed, however the principles behind them are exactly what society needs. And if they open some peoples eyes to the suffering in the world today caused by this consumerist lifestyle we lead and make people question what they think is right, then it is taking a step towards a better environment for new generations to inherit.

We need people to question what they inherently accept if the world is ever to become a better place.

3. dharma_

dharma_ Guest

I agree with you... And I totally believe that little movements can actually make the difference, even if they're just theoretical at the time.

I don't know if you've heard about Chaos Theory and how you can manifest world change through fractals, so I truly recommend you to check this site: http://http://www.squidoo.com/Manifest_World_Change
    as well as watching Gregg Braden's videos - Awakening to Zero Point: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmBTcON1VVk, it's a 4 hours documentary, but I think it's worth it.

I hope this can help you clean your foggy mind a bit ;)

(Sorry for my english) =S

4. willedwill

willedwill Member

I suppose I see the chaos in denial for the order which one should not count on in many uninvolved authorities. But Difference can be made when we truly count on each other.

Now back to the same ordering on this web-site threads. And we'll see the doucmentary----

5. arthur itis

arthur itis Senior Member

6. willedwill

willedwill Member

Do we wish to change the mind set? Some would now inflame me to see how people are deliberating with ignorance to believe they have no need to participate in the practical for fear of becoming more Moral with the struggle. In those days there was also L. Ron Hubbard, there was also Anthony Robbins.

Presume we could all have a common goal, and the goal itself was an easy difference for ways to deal agreed upon ideas for what that mean.. in advance. I'm sorry to blow your bubble.

7. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

I think Zeitgeist is a great thing and could potentially spark change once and for all. The only problem I see with this whole situation, is that people are saying ''oh yeah man I saw Zeitgeist, it's SOOO true man, our society doesnt make sense whatsoever, things need to change!!''

They preach and preach, and talk about conspiracy theories, get al riled up, and then go back to work in an office, take SSRI's watch jersey shore, buy a house in the suburbs, buy buy buy, and so on.

I admit, I am a part of that group, and I think that being aware of this stuff but not doing anything is even worse than not being aware at all.

Keep preaching it, that's great. Keep raising awareness, but in reality, what the fuck are we going to DO about it?