The Young to Old Hippie FAQ Thread

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Southernman, May 10, 2004.

1. SMOKEtilIchoke

SMOKEtilIchoke Member

YEs i am definitely the head i smoke to reveall hiddenn traits that herb shows me i lije to smoke and am also very much into liberation of poverty and mind expansion

2. mr pizza

mr pizza Member

ericf why do you keep quote paul simon

3. happyhippie90

happyhippie90 Member

right on brother!!!!

4. AngelFromTheMachine

AngelFromTheMachine Member

I think it's important for me to make myself clear that I am an agent of free thought, divergence, progression and comprehension. I am not a flower child. I am an advocate of understanding the multiple consciousnesses available to us. I am not a head. I am a pilgrim on the journey to the global search for justice. I am not a freak.

There is a lot of accusation regarding youth who are not "truly hippies" or do not understand the essence of being one. While this generation is not mobilized or organized in a proactive way, I have a sincere belief that youth (at least the ones to which I'm introduced) either have a burning passion for political and social endeavours, or are encouraged from a young age to slip carefully under the radar. With minds yet poisoned by mundane desires and national indoctrination, we find ourselves torn between the retreat to the natural, greener, simpler environment, and the abstract electrical behemoth that is alive as the Internet.

I know some youth feel a sort of lost nostalgia regarding Woodstock, and strive to relive it. Some enjoy the music and have learned to adequately adopt the associated culture. But regardless of methods, either passionate or quiet and complacent, today's youth in Canada are taught tolerance and love as a key component in a functionning multi-cultural society. The problem with the new generation is the lack of connection. The replacement of human contact with mechanical proxies.

I'm looking for a little wisdom, I suppose. How can I find others with which to surround myself? How can I spread and compare my philosophies to those of others? I often indulge in an existentialist and thus ego-centric, decadent school of thought, but I firmly believe there is a means by which a generation can be directed towards love.

5. dreamingofTheo

dreamingofTheo Member

Love is a very basic thing. As humans, we all strive for love. And it baffles my mind too, when we have so many people on this planet. And more than half of us are so lonely.

I have met some pretty nice (cool) people on the internet. I fell in love here, just when I didn`t think I would love that deep again. Love can be pretty painful. Some on here know my own story of being wronged. But I would like to know what happened to the part of sticking with a friend, Husband--wife,(In some cases)-- to the end and in my feeling ,,,to the other side "Heaven". I know we all believe different. For whatever reasons. Because some of us have been wronged and hurt in our lives.

What I hate is when, an adult has hurt a child, mentally and or physically. As parents, sometimes we have let our children get hurt by something and or someone. Sometimes it is not totally our fault as parents. But sometimes if we were tuned into our kids as kids, then we would have known what was going on at the time. I know, I am just rattling. But for most of us who were "wronged" in one way or another as a child,,,and a few of you know who I mean. I wish I could fix everything for you.

As for what and how you feel,,,AngelFromTheMachine, keep looking. I have a good friend who has "Gone Hippy" so he thinks, and he is in his own little world. He was a good person,,,still is, just, I don`t know. A "dirty Hippy" God, I may have put my foot in my mouth now. But don`t get me wrong,,,I grew up with alot of "free people" and I still feel that way, they molded me into who I am. I am one of the free-est people I know. But you can be clean, as a "free spirit,,, full of love for other people and meaning it" This world needs so much Uncondititonal love. Let this Unconditional love fall where it may. In whatever religion, belief or thinking. Stop hurting one another. But keep looking,,,for we are out there, for you. Young or Old,,, for "Hippies" the body only gets old,,, not the mind, or the spirit. Please remember that. Dreamin`

6. dropacidnotbombs

dropacidnotbombs Member

whats better weed or lsd?
    peace&love. :)

7. NDNOutlaw

NDNOutlaw Member

I am not an old hippy really.Even tho I have been called that because of my long hair and tattoos.Back in the day I was a soldier,in the US Army.Then an Outlaw Biker,still am for that matter.The establishment seemed to label us all in the same context.
    I am just curious if maybe thoughts from my perspective would be wanted.

8. deadhead82

deadhead82 Member

yes yes yes
    i agree 110%

9. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

hey eric, to meyou make a lot more sense than those kids that only seem to be a hippie 'because they wanna bring back woodstock'

10. EarthChildOfPeace

EarthChildOfPeace Member

Brilliant explanation. I agree with you although I do succumb to labels and have labeled myself as a hippie among many other things. But your last point made so much sense to me. I agree that it would have been great to live in the 60's and experience everything, but it drives me up the wall when these kids just talk about how much they wish they lived in the sixties. Let's not dwell on the past, although we must remember and respect it, part of our obligation as hippies is to make the world a better place for ourselves, our children, and our grandchildren!!

11. A2ainpride

A2ainpride Guest

There is a new generation of neo-hippies with their own stuff and such, I'm one of them. We're called ravers! However, we're label as drugged up partiers and that really pisses me off. WE party to celebrate life, to escape, for one night, from this god forsaken society. I love the hippies for rising up against authority, if you guys didn't lead, then none of us would probably be around, so to you old hippies THANKS A BUNCH! ITS CAUSE OF YOU WE CAN BE FREE LIKE THIS! PLUR

12. jim420

jim420 Member

For the right younger 420 friendly Chillin & Tokin companion in Louisville, Ky.

13. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Nice article * * *
    Gotta say, we did change a lot of the way things today are looked at . Some of the younger group really does have us to thank for a bunch of the freedoms they enjoy today. Problem was, we didnt really follow through on a lot of our ideologies. I dont want to say we" sold out" - life just kinda got in the way.

Too many of us ,although we maintain many of the hippie ways and dreams- kind of morphed into a contributing member of corporate America(rip Jerry Rubin). Its the deadicated & lucky minority that can still live the lives we did then. There is a reason the word "yuppie" was formed.
    So I say to the youth- we tried, we really did. The things we stalled at ,we leave to you guys to follow through.If we take any credit for the progress, we must also take blame for the failures.
    You guys now have a blueprint

HippieThatsStillHangingOn
    JJack

14. Midnight_Toker420

Midnight_Toker420 Member

i think im a mix between a flower child and a head, and i really have no interest in becoming just one. life's pretty good right here.

15. mr_erebus

mr_erebus Member

hippie girls ar all unshaved or its just a stereotype?

16. girlEcho

girlEcho Member

I would love to read the article, but it seems to have been deleted :(

17. sweetxcatastrophe

sweetxcatastrophe Member

I'm going to cry...the link didn't work for me. It said it was shutdown...v.v

18. Xora

Xora Member

Very very deleted

19. Southernman

Southernman Boarischer Rebell

Sorry, was long time not around in the english speaking section

Found the side elsewhere in the www and could still edit the link in the 1st posting of this thread.

Have fun

20. Revolver1966

Revolver1966 Member

article didnt work for me, does anybody have a link they would be so kind to share ?