The Young to Old Hippie FAQ Thread

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Southernman, May 10, 2004.

1. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

I hope I haven't belittled anyone because of their optimism. I have for other reasons, but I hope not that.

You are SOO right, Luvhuffer, that people of any age were welcomed, and treated as sane, conscious members of "the Movement", whatever THAT was. Man, when I was 15, I was welcomed as a head, as a person who opposed the war, as a human being who had the capacity to love and be loved. That was the wonderful thing about then, that probably will not be repeated anytime soon: the loving acceptance.

I can't tell you how many times I had fellow freaks come to my rescue and feed me, and give me a place to crash, and treat me as an actualized human being. Bless all of them. Straights, too. Many a night was spent in a straight's garage, or on the couch, or even in a spare bedroom once in a while. I guess it was because they saw that we were Samadhi, seekers of spiritual truth, and were more or less harmless, and pretty cool.

Of course we can't thumb it any more these days; too many unconscious beings who can't tell a need from a want, a desire from an imperative, good from not-good. Too many sick vultures. Much of that I directly blame on Prohibition. The West, those Anglican/Episcopal/Baptist forces of Darkness, simply cannot accept the presence of Shamanistic cultures on the Earth. Higher consciousness is Verboten; alkonsciousness is the Holy Grail.

Ah, OK, I'm wandering; you all get my point. Then ain't now.

2. barefootgirl1990

barefootgirl1990 Member

well, i am only 17 and i think i relate to my idea of hippyness (what i have read and seen) because it seemed real. if u watch mtv or whatever today all that seems just about moneyand the music is a turn off (with some exceptions). but at woodstock 500000 people turned up, it seems so real. have i got the right idea? :)
    peace to all
    jas

3. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

woodstock was a capitalist venture,they even made a movie to sell to middle amerika

4. hippyatheart

hippyatheart Member

well im 14. and i was always the kid at school who never wore shoes and wore clothes that i found/used to be my parents... im not into the whole... vegetarian etc thing. my piece of shit car is surely bad 4 the enviroment and i kant live without steak. what exacly am i then?

5. luvhuffer

luvhuffer Member

An omniverous lifestyle guru and car mechanic in the making?

6. hippyatheart

hippyatheart Member

couldnt of put it any better myself.

7. Symple

Symple Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I just posted in the thread I started "What is a hippie". Then the next thread I went to was this one. I would not have started What is a hippie is I had done things in reverse.

8. luvione

luvione Member

come on everybody now, lets get togethor and learn how to love one another right now!

9. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

I love you all..hippie or not... :)

10. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

We love you too, little sister. Be true to yourself and the planet.

11. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

Well, I couldn't help but notice that your pic is a mirror image of you. Hahaha!

Peace!

12. Freeminded

Freeminded Member

Great aticle man u really teached me alot of stuff thanks for opening a mind of a 13 year old givein me a different veiw im goin to start the hippies all ove again we should all get together on this sight and start a boycat and stuff and hav another woodstock and make it 109830479201756571566566676 days of peace love and music!!!

13. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

Yeah, you're well on your way. Some of the greatest poetry, prose, music, lyrics, et cetera came from that period. You could be among the greats soneday! You just have to pick up a few things, like spelling, punctuation, verbs, capitalization, and syntax, and you'll be able to communicate with other Hippies! Good Luck, Little Brother.

Namaste. :jester:

14. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

This is a rocking thread form what I have read.
    Today in Boston Common there was a big protest with more hippies that you can count and I happen to be playing there, and the vibes were great.
    Love to ya all. I'm glad we're still alive , young and old alike.What's age? we are concious souls all of us.

15. hipperhippie

hipperhippie Banned

what do you guys think about huaraches sandals? u know the ones with recycled tire tread sole...the authentic ones...i found some at www*edited*com ---

16. luvione

luvione Member

is that spamming? or shareing info? I saw a lil sis on another thread just giving her opinion about where a certain trip may be held, and she got yelled at by a older, longer member and was told she was spamming. I didnt think giving her opinion was spamming. But this has a connection to another site,,, please, explain. I am confused.

17. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

Well sure doesn't fit into this thread. Doesn't look like he's soliciting opinions, either, since he already found his huaraches. I'd guess he (?) is a shill. Some people just have no class. The mods should move it to the obnoxious clueless spammers forum.

18. Hobes

Hobes Member

no fucking way i can read all of that read difrent parts at diffrent sections

19. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

Awesome link.
    I'll read all of it when I have more time and energy.

20. Chris2

Chris2 Banned