The worst band ever

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by gary.newelluk, Jan 11, 2006.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Bananarama was pretty bad. They had nothing.

2. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

ACDC

fem_fatale likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

They had more hit songs than you did

Sinead 1965 likes this.
  5. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

It's ironic that the grunge guys gave to people lyrics painting pictures of how depressing and miserable life is while they were out buying multi-million dollar homes IN CASH!

6. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

7. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Wolfmother

fem_fatale likes this.
  9. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

Grunge/Alternative crap circa 1993-1999, and on into the conventional mainstream can best be described as flavorless Graham crackers with a cardboard texture, and drab taste. After the wonderful 80's/early 90s, we got the beginning of the end for music in America in general, grunge!!!!!! Those no talent, couldn't write a song for nothing, flannel wearing crybabies!!! Grunge died almost as fast as it began only to give us in metal? What the hell was that crap about? They couldn't play those instruments worth anything so they distort them so bad it sounds like crap!!! The snare drum was tuned so tight it sounded like it was going to bust at any second!!! The album that turned metal heads against Metallica was st. anger!! As the 2000's went on, the fans wanted 80's metal back and it's been around ever since!!!

fem_fatale likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    You give grunge far too much credit for the death of 80s glam rock. It died by itself. It was too much a thing of that decade.

11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

RATT sucked.

12. Asmodean

This is an unbelievable coincidence but a friend of mine who books bands just told me today what he booked for a festival upcoming summer. Death Angel is one of them :grinning:

13. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

woah, so many people posting dead to me rn

14. Asmodean

?

The exact meaning of this sentence is lost on me as it is now

StellarCoon likes this.
  15. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Not really unbelievable. The lead singer, the only original one left I believe has pretty much just be touring, and the world over, since they were at their peak like 30 years ago.

One of those guys that just seems to prefer life on the road.

So the fact he is booked in somewhere, no matter where, not much of a surprise

17. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

I know Doro from Warlock said specifically that she stopped touring the US in the early 90’s because the grunge phenomenon killed peoples interest in metal.

She’s toured the whole time since throughout Europe. Grunge was never really a thing there, and the metal scene is strong. There has been some really fantastic music from Europe over the past 20+ years.

18. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

I resent that Nirvana were practically overnight anointed the teacher's pet of MTV and the music industry, at the expense of a lot of other Heavy Metal bands who were instantly blackballed. This was a major change from the 80's/early 90s where MTV catered to all different audiences a little bit with their programming and specialty shows like Yo MTV Raps and Headbangers Ball. Then MTV instantly threw that all away when they crowned Nirvana. God, they still make the emergence of Nirvana seem like the Beatles appearing on Ed Sullivan or some shit and sorry folks I just do not see it. I hated the way the situation was handled and the way the band was managed and propped up and I always will.
    It isn't cool or good to just make 'noise'. It isn't cool to purposely write bad songs to piss people off. Instead, I see this as Kurt 'trying too hard'. He thought that being 'anti-corporation' was hip. Thus, he was trying too hard. It isn't cool to play instruments that are OUT OF TUNE.So much of Nevermind is just noise. Almost like Kurt Cobain was writing songs that purposely sucked to piss ppl/their label off.That is no cool.. So much of their imagine/persona was engineered. If anyone were to blame the downfall of the record industry. Really it's nirvana.
    Of course this shitty band nirvana paved the way for the shittiest era of rock music of all time 27 years on. After grunge exploded it carried over into post grunge then to nu metal. And because of that that's why we have rap,pop,and indie style of music are on the charts. Glam metal musicians were honest. At least they could play guitar. What's the last song that even resembles a Rock anthem? Nirvana helped kill rock&roll. And so many bands followed the Nirvana formula. Guitar starts off clean, the singer sounds like he just woke up and has a hangover, then the distortion kicks in and all you hear is screaming screaming and more screaming. The only guitar solo sounds like someone is castrating a bull, and you can't understand a word the singer is saying. Weird Al did a perfect video of smells like Nirvana. Even tho he has just joking around like he always does he was telling the truth in that video.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Didn't you guys already go through this in the same thread less than a year ago? :p

20. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

The worst "hair metal" (I hate that term ) guitarist is at least eleven times better a technician than Cobain could ever dream to be. Grunge was pushed on younger people in the 90's to promote heroin and suicide. Melodic hard rock and glam metal weren't the only genres to suffer. Some great melodic intelligent thrash metal got the boot as well. Rock that wasn't pushing their depression/junkie agenda was left out in the cold. Kurt Cobain also was the most overrated figurehead for trendy rock music.

fem_fatale likes this.