The worst band ever

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by gary.newelluk, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Addicted2MEN

Addicted2MEN New Member

That's exactly my take on AC DC

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think AC DC is Great!

I bet many of the same people that complain all their music sounds the same are the same people that complain Metallica sold out. Damned if you remain true to your roots, damned if you don't. Although I do prefer the stuff with Bon Scott, there was more humor in their music (Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Whole Lotta Rosie, The Jack, Big Balls)

I just discovered this subgenere of Metal (Slam Metal), this was the first band that came up, so I'm posting it. This takes what I call "Cookie Monster" vocals to it's most wretched extreme. I don't even find this scary or anything, it almost borders on parody.

3. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That fuckin sucked! I seriously can't stand that shit.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't see how people find AC/DC shit but Motorhead great. I can tolerate and sometimes even enjoy both :p

@ guerillabedlam: i often have a hard time with grunting (cookie monster vocals) as well. Its the black metal 'ughs', shrieking and growling that i like and find really compliment the music. I'm just indifferent to most death metal.

creampie00 likes this.
  5. Asmodean

6. Asmodean

7. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! GOT DAMN IT, WHAT THE FUCK???

8. Asmodean

9. Asmodean

I'll stop posting tunes here because I'm basically posting in the wrong thread: love this stuff!

Alternative_Thinker likes this.
  10. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I don't know any band that belongs in the "metal" genre that is "the worst". Maybe I've been fortunate enough not to know of any metal band that actually sounds so horrible. Even that one with a parrot as the singer had me intrigued. But then I'm a huge fan of metal, and as a musician I play this style as well. So I suppose I'm biased.

creampie00 likes this.
  11. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a bad metal band but metal is metal and it kicks ass. I mean I don't know if Poison, Def Leppard and all those no- talents would be considered metal, maybe hair metal??? Anyway, I am pretty sure if that's the case, there is a whole list of bad hair metal.....Kix, Trixster, Firehouse, Warrant, Great White, White Lion, all that horrid stuff

Asmodean likes this.
  12. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

The worst band ever is probably some band I've never even had the the displeasure to be subjected to....that being said, most screamy, cacophonous metal bands are utter dogshit to listen to (unless you get rid of the vocals & then they can actually be quite good in many cases). Radiohead also get a dishonourable mention (mostly due to the awful whininess of TY's shit-****-factory of a voice).

13. Asmodean

You're right: most hair metal is very bad :-D Like most things that were mainstream in the 80s :grinning:

creampie00 likes this.
  14. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Def Leppard is actually one of my all time favourite bands. I would never, EVER place them as among the "bad" bands. Just saying.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    Sinead 1965 likes this.
  15. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Poison
    Nickelback
    Shinedown
    Pop Evil

That's all I got for now but I'm sure there's more

creampie00 likes this.
  16. Asmodean

I'm doing the dishes while playing Ancient - The Cainian chronicle and Mad Grandiose Bloodfiends. Good times :)

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

What??? Thom Yorke is the new Religion.

I love Radiohead, You need to hear more of their music. I should tie you up in a room and make you listen to their entire catalogue, then you would understand how brilliant they are.

Adamskiffle likes this.
  18. Asmodean

Haha, taste is so subjective. I never got into Radiohead neither. I'm not denying they have talent and are quality musicians btw.
    I also really dislike the Foofighters.

19. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

Poison have nothing to apologize for; they wrote songs that are no less complicated than a lot of stuff by legendary bands that's idolized regularly. And they weren't factory created overnight sensations, they came to L.A. and starved with a goal and a dream. They made it, and it didn't last forever. From 1986, when Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name" became the first hard rock/metal #1 hit since "Metal Health", the "hair bands" became a constant presence on the charts. Those of us who lived through that wonderful era know this. Rock music in the 70s/ 80's/early 90s was awesome! There were great bands with awesome talent like Aerosmith, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden,Van Halen, AC/DC, Ratt, Guns n Roses, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Cinderella etc. The music was fun and full of energy! Bands actually knew how to play their instruments well.

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Bands have continued to play their instruments well but at least for hard rock/metal there is less emphasis on the "fun" aspect of the music.