the wilderness is real

Discussion in 'The Media' started by ibiza, May 30, 2018.

1. ibiza

ibiza Visitor

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't watch TV; only what I can get on DVD from the library. :sunglasses:

goliaph and LoRider like this.
  3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't know what this thread is

LoRider likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Haven't owned a TV for over 20 years...

I do have wilderness though.

themnax likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i fucked my tv once. now i have to put a plastic bag on my dick to take a shower.

6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Is that dude in the picture wearing a gimp mask?

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  7. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

Serves you right. Poor innocent TV had to fight back. There is some rather lowbrow crap on. Reality TV is shockingly bad, though occasionally so awful it is trainwreck watching for a few wasted moments. Just hearing the titles of reality shows are comedy gold. My six years dead dad loved watching dancing with the stars. It was because he liked couples dancing. But that is a pretty innocuous show. There are a few funny sitcoms. A few notable dramas. A lot of good cartoon TV. Archer is hilarious adult cartoon about hapless secret agent. PBS has good documentaries and Antiques Roadshow is sort of like seeing people who have hidden gems.. vicarious living. Nature. Nova. American Experiences all top notch and most of Masterpiece Theatre and the News Hour. You're the Worst and Big Bang are quite silly and occasionally make me scream with laughter. The Americans, a '70s Russians to America spy-plant show is dark and fascinating. Some fun supernatural stuff like "Preacher" which may not even be on anymore... a lot of superhero stuff, The Flash, Black Lightning... a genre I love. But with stuff like Netflix and other streaming services, networks have work cut out for themselves. Why wait to be stuck at your TV every week for a show when you can binge watch it on a service? People need flexibility. But if the quality of a show is high, like Archer, I try to make time to watch it. Late night with Fallon and Kimmel are great fun too. "Mean Tweets," are amazing comedy. On YouTube. it's not all bad

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i remember the whole point of youtube being that we could all make and share our own media content. i mean, that's even the whole point of the name "you" "tube".
    there's still some people making their own animations and niche content, like cab rides on japanese trains. these are what i like to watch, along with unusual and very non-mainstream story telling,
    the kind you won't see on tv or in a movie house, unless its one of those odd little niche film festivals, that have become unghodly expensive.
    (i recommend the 'no evil' series by warlord of noodles)

so yes, you can walk outside, all it costs is sore feet if you do it for too long at a time until they get used to being walked on again, although if you live in a city, you might have to take a bus or a train or bum a ride to get far enough away from all the rectangular buildings and pavement, and the unending cacaphony of humanity.

but once you do, if you haven't grown up doing so, if its something you're unfamiliar with, if you've lived all your life in a city,
    you just might discover a whole new universe. one of nature's diversity, which is far beyond the conventionality of story telling for money,
    which seems to encompass and surround and be the only thing far too many people are even familiar with at all.

9. cindywarble

cindywarble Members

havent you read gary paulson THE TRANSALL SAGA?a boy was abducted by aliens for camping out in some mountains
    JUST on the outside of town...dont go into the wilderness...

10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I have a tv I bring into the wilderness

11. cindywarble

cindywarble Members

what are you charlie the unicorn?

The NY Haus likes this.
  12. Pepper!

Pepper! Members

cindywarble likes this.
  13. cindywarble

cindywarble Members

"This is the best thread ever..."

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes the Wilderness is real, ………………

So is poison Ivy, so are mosquitoes that carry West Nile virus and Eastern equine encephalitis,, and so are ticks that carry lime disease,...etc....

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ywah but none that rots your brain quite like the television.

16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I love hiking and camping in the great outdoors, but someone has to play the devil’s advocate

17. Pepper!

Pepper! Members

The first time I fired a shotgun it was at an old TV set. We were in a basement and we blew the shit out of it. It was dumb, there was glass flying everywhere.

But later we went outside and the wilderness was definitely there. We could see it...

18. cindywarble

cindywarble Members

[​IMG]
    ***this is not me

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's usually my role. :p

cindywarble likes this.
  20. cindywarble

cindywarble Members

did yall pack enough camping supplies?food water etc...