The wedding of the decade

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Apr 18, 2018.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Why Did You Have To Use The "C" Word To Express Yourself...???... Surely That Is The Lowest Form

Of Expression In The English Language...???

Cheers Glen.

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

No Nation In The World Does......Or Has Ever Done...... A Parade Like The English...... :D

Cheers Glen.

morrow and Cliff Unicorn like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oops i missed it

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Shame On You... :mad: ...You Have Been Sentenced To A "Thousand Lashes With A "Toothpick"..... :D

Cheers Glen.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Pooh did. Don't shoot the messenger.

But yes, he was spot on! Piglet is lucky with such a wise friend

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thats a really creative punishment!

Tuned in for the parade, their arms must be so tired

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

They Just Said It's Great That So Many Peeps Came Out Today......When The Temp Was A.....

Scorching ....23c.....WTF...???.... :D

Cheers Glen.

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

IDIOT......:rage:

Cheers Glen.

9. Asmodean

Yeah, don't get that either. Seems the ideal weather for getting stuck in a busy crowd.

10. Asmodean

**** ;)

11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Written Off.........

Cheers Glen.

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Beautiful Event......Good Night All......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

RIP Single Harry

This is a sad day for women and gay men everywhere

GLENGLEN likes this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Champagne too, I have to admit to sneaking in a few zzzzs

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I agree with CU, wedding dress was hardly a zinger, and I have seen her look better on almost every other occasion, a bit plain jane this time

Boy does William need some Rogaine though

16. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I watched the entire wedding from the arriving of the guests at 5 am EST until a little while ago.

I loved seeing Elton John, as always.....close to the royal family always mainly due to Diana, in the beginning.
    The Beckhams? I hate to be critical...but that god awful tattoo neck on David and Victoria looked like a drowned rat going to a funeral. Awful. The news commentator was funny here and said..."Breaking news just in! Victoria Bekham just smiled....!"
    I guess I am tired of the Beckhams once again at another royal wedding.

George Clooney's wife, Aman?...i am not sure of her first name looked very stylish in the bright yellow and was probably my favorite clothing on a guest.

The most beautiful moving movement caught on film for me was after Meghan was stepping up to the church and posed for a minute and the breeze moved her veil to look like a bird wrapped around her after flying in the breeze for a moment...almost religious moment......the veil was beautiful!....and I loved the simplicity of the dress itself......I like simplicity, too....but the material was a bit too heavy for that dress, imo, and made it look dowdy at times......
    I would expect more from the house of Givenchy.
    I liked the tiara that Meghan chose to borrow. It suited her. I agree, though...she has looked better...maybe white is not her best color or something....

I heard Pippin's dress was a $600.00-$700.00 dress bought off the rack at Folds in London. That was ok for a dress. I liked the pale green color of it.

I listened to much of the commentary today, and they were talking about the hunting trips the royals still do....Boxing day, and wondered, too, if Meghan, an acclaimed animal lover and rights for animals person will partake in that , as Kate does. I am AGAINST killing anything for sports or for fun, and that would never go over for me with anyone.....royals included..

If she does not participate and stays home to make her stand, she will have my respect. If she joins in....then she will not have my respect, anymore....so time will tell. We will see how much she can really evolutionize things..

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Hm, her dress was pretty boring. I wonder why she decided to go with that one?

18. Moonglow181

I don't know, YFM. Commetators here said that she wanted to work with the first female head of Givenchy, as Meghan is a women's right activist, too, and that she worked with the designer designing that dress just for her. I loved the neckline...I have always been a fan of that neckline.....just covering the shoulders, and yet showing some, too.........but again...the material was just too heavy and cumbersome....It folded all over the place when she was sitting down and bunched up instead of moving like a second skin.....It was just too heavy a silk, imo..

19. Moonglow181

The rendition of Ava Maria brought tears to my eyes during the ceremony.........I love the song Stand by Me....but that version of it did not really move me so much.

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this just happened? i thought they got married months ago.

isn't "****" a really tame word that's thrown into most sentences in britain?