The War on Cash

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OlderWaterBrother, Sep 15, 2019.

1. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

I was watching late night TV and I saw an add for "The War on Cash". So I Googled it and found it interesting. Just wondering what you guys think of it?

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Johnny Cash?

Dude111 likes this.
  3. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

Ahhh no!
    It's about governments going all digital with money that way they can control who can buy things and what can be bought.

Dude111 likes this.
  4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The war on drugs, the war on the middle class, the war on government spending, etc. are all the same war on your humanity. When money does all the driving, the banks line up on the beltway, while the banks are replacing their employees with computers.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

????

If you dont use paper money, the government can control who buys things?

6. Naturally. I have never had a dealer who took credit cards.

Flagme15 and tumbling.dice like this.
  7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

People are genius when it comes to buying things. We'd go back to the barter system or use precious metals or something.

WritersPanic likes this.
  8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Fuck the govt!!!!!!!

Cash is the best way!!!!!!!

9. Exactly, as the Romans discovered. If the money becomes suspect, people will shift to bartering very quickly and efficiently. It's why there was no famine to speak of in Zimbabwe. However, Venezuela didn't fare so well because their agriculture was nowhere near as capable as that of early Zimbabwe after oil was discovered there. Agriculture fell from 50% to 3% of GDP. So they still have the land, which can grow all kinds of stuff from coffee to bananas. But they lack farming infrastructure to capitalize on it.

Seems like a humanitarian issue to me. So, it's time for the UN et al to send some tractors, seeds, egg hatchers and antibiotics. Instead of money (which seems to evaporate).

10. Cash is issued by the government.

11. Very interesting and something you have seen developing over the years. Right now I use my phone to pay for everything. Hi tech and eliminate s a need for cash. If you have seen stats for electronic transactions in Scandinavia countries. Somewhere around 99%

12. I always have cash if I'm on the street in most larger American cities. Between street food and panhandlers I go through about twenty $1 bills.

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So if I don't have a cell phone I shouldn't be allowed to buy anything...

Fuck That.

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

So if there is no cash, and you don't have a cell phone how would you buy one? Do you borrow someones cell phone to buy a cell phone?

15. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Everywhere you go in the US, cameras take pictures of your licence plates and inform the police of your movements, while in larger cities cameras take a picture of your face. Soon, even cash will all be tracked continuously. Meanwhile, the corporations are collecting data on your spending habits and what you own, and sharing them with the nice fascist government, who don't really need warrants anymore to see what you've got hidden from them.

Try doing that in a third world country like Zimbabwe.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

pizza is money, eggs is money, milk is money.. a note is a note is a note.. we agrees on the note/ money that is value is what it is... tender. tender is going nowhere.. bitcoin is a scam ..

17. quark

quark Parts Unknown

In China everyone pays with their phone (either WeChat or Alipay).

2 ways to do it:

1) You scan the merchant’s QR code (this is usually how it’s done at street food stalls, smaller convenience stores, or with city taxis)

2) The merchant scans your QR code (larger chain stores and such)

You can also send money directly to your friends (or anyone you owe money). It’s instant and there’s no service charge.

—————

It only works with Chinese bank/credit cards. Cards issued from Hong Kong/Taiwan/Macau aren’t accepted.

There are apps built into WeChat (and Alipay) where you can book train/flight tickets, order a taxi, order food, or shop online using one of the many Chinese versions of Amazon.

Refunds are instant and you only pay a small service charge (so many people buy things and complain that it’s just easier to refund them rather than going through some big ordeal).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  18. BlastOff

BlastOff Members

makes sense
    i have a childhood friend who has always moved between the US and China
    Just saw him after being away in China for like 6 year
    I handed him some cash after he paid for my lunch and he seemed confused
    I was freaked out until I read this LMAO

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'll buy this post of you. :D

20. Vanilla Gorilla