The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by LoveBuzz, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Sole Searcher

Sole Searcher Members

It's great when it's great, but really slow and aggravating when it's not. You have to take the good with the bad. I've seen every episode. The most recent season ended really well and entertaining, but had some really slow episodes before it.

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I get the feeling that the wolves are going to use zombies as a weapon better than the govoner could have ever imagined.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

9/10 guys that say stuff like that have never read the comic

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

That last guy probly goes around saying the comic doesnt follow the same story as the tv show

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Im curious, which eps are tankers?

Im up to ep 5 season 5, from the start of season 3 up till this point, every episode has been a winner, show is freakin awesome

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I thought one of the recent ones were slow...2 weeks before the finale i think. It was a good eoisode but aside from a couple straggling zombies there was no action.

7. Sole Searcher

Sole Searcher Members

Hard to pinpoint. It seems like there's just certain times during each season where they've struggled to either keep a story-line going or to keep it interesting. It felt like the show would just lose itself at times.

I definitely enjoy the show and I'm not saying anything too bad about it. I just understand and agree with people when they say it moves a little slow and feels lost at times. But when it's good and gets going, it's greatness! The most current season really left me with a cliffhanger! Can't wait to see what they have planned next.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

A big budget show like that has to have a few bottle episodes. It sucks at the time but needed for an overall good season.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I just finished watching season 5 today, the first ep, the head over the sink scene at terminus was the most shocking scene ive seen in this show, it was like OMG ISIS is running Terminus, then a.couple episodes later cannibalism, and im like dafuq is this seriously allowed on even a cable show, but still gripped to every minute

But then the season ends with Alexandria which is kind of Woodbury again but without thepyscho in charge, just some boring ex congresswoman, a little bit of a let down

I thought it was going to head to where they had to escape some kind of concentration camp or yhey get to DC and either it all gets upscaled, or we get into rebulding humankind

Alexandria was a bit of a let down

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Goof

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/04/seth-gilliam-arrested-for-dui-marijuana-possession-walking-dead/

[​IMG]

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

12 days till season 6

Can I get a 'fuck yeah!'

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

In August I attended the Walker Stalker convention at the Westin hotel in Boston and it was pretty cool.

I've got tons of pictures I probably should post.

[​IMG]

Hotwater

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

That's cool. Better than watching the patriots

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Reedus is in an upcoming movie called Triple 9 that looks pretty cool

http://youtu.be/wzyFNVbWPxI

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

new shit tomorrow

z nation was a decent filler between seasons...totally different genre

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I couldnt get past half way into the pilot of z nation, too low budget, looked more like some fan made thing

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

its more of a zombie entertainment genre than a zombie drama genre

made by the people that make the sharknado movies so its definitely an aquired taste...i like it though for what it is

18. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

I didn't care for the first couple of episodes, but for some reason I stuck with it and it grew on me. It's no replacement for the Walking Dead, but it's entertaining.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Anyway, one more sleep till the real thing

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Damnthat 999 looks good too.

Watching z nation after walking dead is like going to a mlb all star game then going to a AAA game. Sure its not the same caliber but its still some entertaining pro ball.