The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by LoveBuzz, Jul 31, 2012.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I'll love whatever they do with Rick relationship-wise. If they have him and Michonne get together, it'll be interesting. She's a good mother-role for Carl as you can see in the season 4 finale. It kind of works out. But if they don't do that, I'll like it just as much. Rick is good as the grieving widower. I never rooted for him to hook up with anyone. I mean, it hasn't been that long since Lori died. He still wears his wedding ring.

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I recently talked to a friend that is watching this, I can't believe how many of the best parts of the comics were left out.

The Governor cut off Rick's hand during their first meeting!!

Still, I stopped watching during that horrid season 2, and talking to people is making me think about picking it back up starting at the beginning of season 3..

3. drawinginblank

drawinginblank Member

I saw the first two seasons. It is pretty good. And I am not even really big on zombies, but I liked it.

4. SholeSteven

SholeSteven Member

I started watching this TV show a while back myself, it was slow to get into at first and I really did not think I would like it or be able to get into it when I first started watching it but I kept watching and didn't give up and now I am eagerly awaiting Season 5. Really looking forward to it coming back as I feel it could get really good.

5. Emelina

Emelina Member

Bet a lot of people store food and supplies thanks to this series.

6. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

This is one of the shows I watch. Not exactly the same as the comic book series, but still of value. Right now I'm on season four, episode eight, Too Far Gone.

Anyways, I had to check what will happen to Lizzie's and Mika's character because of course kids besides Carl and Juidith are the only ones to ever surivive. And because I think these two characters have potential to be great members of the main group (You know the ones that always survive), I had to check to see if by the end of the season they survived.

SPOILER

They didn't and the way they died sounds stupid.

I started liking Lizzie and her sister in that scene where they shot two individuals of The Governor/Brian's group. Sure, Lizzie was reckless, but most of the characters have been reckless from time to time, and they all came back from it. Why couldn't she? Especally, with the love and nurture of Carol and the sensibleness of her sister, Mika.

All in all, I don't think it was the right decision to have had Lizze kill her sister and then have Carol kill her. I think the writers of the show ruined a good character and killed off two good characters that had potential. Heck, I would have settled for Lizzie injuring Mika, then getting killed by Carol, in attempt to save Mika, because clearly Mika was the more sound of the two. Then the issue would have followed with great comtemplation amongst the adults about how all this violence is affecting the kids (Judth, the curly hair kid (Didn't get his name, I think it's Luke, though), Carl (Even though the show doesn't allow him to act like a kid), and Molly), as Mika fights for her life. Also, it goes back to the issue of Carol teaching the kids how to fight.

What was the point of having a kid kill her sister and then an adult kill a kid? Was that just for shock value? Like flesh eating zombies and humans against humans is not enough.

I know when I get to that episode... I'm not going to be happy.

7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I dont know about you but i dont want a girl who thinks the zombies are pets to be in the same building i am sleeping in. It was a mercy killing she would have gotten eaten by a zombie soon enough with the way she was acting.

8. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

She was something different, I'll admit. But, the characters have all processed being apart of this apocalypse in different ways that posed dangerous. After a few episodes of them acting crazy and a few talks from people trying to help them, they got better or heck, some of them just get better without any scenes of resolution. Also, this isn't the first time that people thought zombies were friendly folk, so she wasn't way off in her ideas.

9. Yorik99

Yorik99 Member

Love the series and the comics and I want to marry Michonne.....

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

She was the only one running around at night feeding them rats and then during the day torturing bunnies.

And every other person i can think of that acted like the zombies were friendly are dead now. Cant be coincidence.

11. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I watched and finished the rest of the season. As I predicted, I covered my eyes and yelped like the semi-proud girl that I am at the dreaded scene. Then I cursed like a man for the hypocrisy and non-rationality of the situation.

If it was one of the main characters, this type of mental breakdown would have never occurred. Sure, one of the main characters would have dabbled in it, how many characters have kept their zombie-licious love ones, but got better? With the exception of the Governor. But, I was thinking more Michonne and the Greene family. What was the point in making one of the supporting characters go through this to such an extend and not get better?

Logically speaking, it doesn't make sense to me why anyone would have this kind of mental breakdown in response to a zombie apocalypse. I thought maybe Lizzie had previous mental issues, which that would have been fine. That scene where the dad was dying, he could have whispered in Carol's ear and then in the DREADED EPISODE, Carol could have told Tyreese what Lizzie's dad said, which reveals why Lizzie is the way she is. Then everything that happened would have made sense. But, that didn't happen.

I also thought that it was easy for Lizzie to kill humans because they come back as something different. She associates death, true death with bodily movement. And it's not the first time creative work, such as shows and movies have explored that zombies can be rehabilitated or they're like us. But, considering this show's primary element is that the zombies are antagonists, there is no place for that element on this show.

And what was with Carol addresses her concerns towards Mika? You would think she would address her concerns towards Lizzie because she had ideas that no one in this show has and we all know being different is bad. Not only that, she experienced these fits that could have been dangerous for herself and others around her. Granted, I don't think Carol knew of the extend of her fits, but she knew something was out of normality with Lizzie. But, picking on the child who is honest, hopeful, scared, but willing... is okay? I think Mika's character for her age and sex was totally within normality. Of course, I self-explained, Mika reminds Carol more of Sophia and Carol knows that Mika is more sound than Lizzie. But, considering TV watching is a mindless activity, I don't think I should have to self-explain.

So, all in all... I get it... the episode was to show what was happening to that group and for Carol to tell Tyreese what she had done. But, I think the episode could have done without the kids and what had happened to them. They should have just died in the camp, not even been introduced. As for the episode, something equally as dramatic could have happened to force Carol to tell Tyreese and Tyreese to forgive her, something a little more relatable than a kid murdering her sister, then having an adult murder the child. Because clearly, that's not the same thing as murdering someone else's lover because you're thinking of the group. Then again, Tyreese lost his lover while Carol lost another two kids, so in that sense... I get it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE...

.. what was up with that scientist with the mullet? I'm assuming he has Aspergers and considering they are surviving he doesn't feel the need to cut his hair. And the redneck with the really hot woman? And what was up with what she was wearing for the first three episodes or so in which she was introduced? I know that her character in the comics is really beautiful and she is really beautiful, but she looked funny. The whole introduction of these characters was funny to me.

I really need to read the comics. This is just too much. I read a page of it, placed it somewhere, and never saw it again.

And awwwwwwwwwwwww, Beth and Daryl are going to get together. That should be interesting. Hopefully, it will be tasteful. I'm always looking for tasteful dramatizations of a relationship with a large age gap.

And finally... Gareth looks like Harry Potter without the glasses. So, I can't take him seriously for the psychotic human being he is. That is going to be a whole season of me chuckling whenever I see him. Though his calmness is eerie, I guess. Not really.

12. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

When I watch a tv show I watch the tv show and then that's it, I don't really think much of it until the next episode. Then there's people that make it out like it's a real event or some shit. Ha.

13. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

That's exactly how a show should be like. It's mindless entertainment, so I shouldn't have to think. But, noooooooooooooooooo.

14. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

Haha. I'm always too stoned when I watch this I forget everything I've got the worst memory on the green. Then next week I'm like wtf? Missus gets the shits she's trying to watch it and I'm asking too many questions.

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Its fun to discuss motives and shit like that. I hate when people say "the writers should have...."
    that isnt discussing the characters which is all im interested in.

Btw. Tldr

16. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I'm not sure what you mean by "Missus gets the shits". Pardon me.

And I never watched any show while intoxicated. I actually just started using recreational drugs. So, I'm quite new to all of it. Maybe I will do it someday, but I don't know, maybe not. Like I said shows are entertaining enough and I find recreational drug use as an entertainment all on its own. So, I like to do them separately as of now.

17. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Yea, I'm not too keen on starting my sentences with, "The writers should have...". Is their creative work. There is a reason why I'm not writing the screenplay for, "The Walking Dead" and they are. Also, it's downright rude. If I had creative work, I wouldn't want that to be done to me. So, I usually use things like, "I think", "I could have done without", "I could have done with", "I don't understand", etc. Or I just say "Fucking hell, this fucking sucks. I'm out!" I guess in that sense I'm showing something is wrong with the creative work, than owning my thoughts and feelings. But, usually I can settle myself down before I get like that. Also, like I said I don't normally like talking about shows. It's mindless entertainment, I don't have anything else to say. But, sometimes it happens.

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

ok so i should prefix this question with a spoiler alert. if you have not seen the last episode there will be a spoiler. you wont know who it affects, and how it all came about, or why it came about, but you will know something that happened. so i guess as a courtesy in your answer to my question to the people who dont want a major plot point spoiled, although it might be a small spoil over all... it might be nice to give a warning.....................................................................................................................................spoiler alert here..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    so how do you think they get out of the boxcar? why didnt they get killed? what is the plan for the badguys and what is the escape plan for the people in the box?

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

finally read all that and im glad i did, after i saw a quote of mine and a long reply i thought i dont even want to read about all the things you hate that i said. but you just gave your opinions...why cant more people be like that?
    i think the redneck is brainwashed by mr mullet that he knows a cure. the hot woman feels safe in a group and who better to join than a genius and a big strong military man looking to cure the world? well beth and daryl can get together if we see beth again....im sure we will but maybe as a zombie?
    had to look up gareth, i dont think about any of his group as individuals yet, they are all the same type person with the same goal...what that is we dont know yet but aside from the woman when we first see terminus i didnt think any one was more likely to survive the episode or next season than anyone else.

20. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Well here is the thing, we don't know anything about Terminus yet. For all we know this could be a huge test to see if they will work well in the community. Could they be plotting to kill them and eat them?
    I don;t know how they will escape but I think this place will be turned into rubble by the time they are done with it.