The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by LoveBuzz, Jul 31, 2012.

1. smoothieUK

smoothieUK Member

Yea! love the series and the comics....Theres one film i thoroughly recommend, its called Cockneys vs Zombies, fucking hilarious, its Shaun of the Dead meets Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels...

2. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

My whole family is addicted to the show. My mother in law, my boyfriend, my friends, etc. My boyfriend and I recently got his grandmother hooked on the show. We got the first two seasons for her and she sat there and watched it for 8 hours straight.

3. A.Sage

A.Sage Member

After seeing the show, I'm quite curious to check out the comics its based on. Anybody read them?

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

apparently so.

5. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

I love this show! I gotta check out the comics too but I won't until the show is over to avoid potential spoilers.

6. smoothieUK

smoothieUK Member

The comics and the series follow a similar path and storyline with radical differences, for example Shane dies early on in the comics, but thats all i'm saying, its definitely worth reading the comics.

7. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

Tour of Duty, that 80s Vietnam series? Rofl. I used to watch that with my old man as a kid.

I like walking dead, it's just the annoying little things that bug me about what they do in the show. For starters there were tanks and military vehicles, heavy weapons and everyone ignored them. Rick is way too trustworthy, don't help people, just kill em. A group will slow you down. I understand they have to make it into a drama and all but I honestly can't relate to the situations.

8. largeamount

largeamount Senior Member

haha this show sucks I saw it when it came out the first episode made me laugh the black guy was crying while shooting zombies with the sniper then you saw a woman zombie in the crowd that he was shooting into and your supposed to assume its his wife because shes the only black zombie in the neighborhood LOL

9. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

^^ lolaye, i've been enjoying the show,1st series and this one (2nd was dull as hell) but i can't help noticing the occasional inadvertant racism

10. I'm truly not into the zombie thing normally but have recently started watching this show and yeah,I like it.

11. OneLifeForm

OneLifeForm Member

Next new episode comes on February 10th, 2013

As far as the racism goes.. I've noticed that too. One black guy dies.. simply replaced by another. Another black guy dies.. replaced by another.

12. ScottErthSnd

ScottErthSnd Member

I love this show we get it just after the US now here in Australia!
    It used to be delayed a week :sunny:

So good though

13. Zevonista

Zevonista Guest

I am starting to rethink my devotion to the show. It's just so dark and the creator admits that he doesn't have ending planned.

14. acuarela

acuarela Member

I agree, well no. I think the first season was excellent and after that it just has its moments. I still watch it because it's entertaining and I like post-apocalyptical type of scenarios, but it's really sad they couldn't keep it going in the same way it started. It turned into a zombie soap opera instead.

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Im just wondering where the story could go if they kill all the bad guys in the town...i guess the comics might already have answered that.

16. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Good thing I have not read the comics.

17. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

we've just about reached up to the point where i stopped reading the comics, but tbh the plot of the show has diverged from the comics such a great deal so far that i doubt even if i'd read on i'd be able to accurately predict what happens from here on.

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

But why take that chance....
    Did anyone see the talking dead last sunday when maggie gave out a spoiler so the cut the sound?

19. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Member

I think this show is getting better and better. Sad to see that carol is gone and that Rick now has to absorb the wrath of Tyrese at some point.

Good to see some emotion out of Daryl again, I was getting worried. All in all it was a great episode VERY emulative of the comics.

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i dont think carol is gone for good. maybe she will join up with the governor.