The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by LoveBuzz, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I just can't get into it anymore. I loved it in the beginning, I binged it, and didn't watch it when it first came out. Unlike other series that hold you all the way through, this just lost something last season. I don't care who dies anymore, but Rick was my favorite for a while. :(

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I dunno if he dies. Lol. I just making shit up. :p

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Because of his dumb motivational speeches seemingly almost every episode. They are getting long in the tooth

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

But without them, all his friends would surely die. :openmouth:

5. The scenes with carl on his death bed were just too overplayed and in the end we were just "for fuck sake shoot him and be done with it!"

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i hope hes smart because i think that kid is going to have trouble finding future roles in acting like mark hamill

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I wantto see Daryl in some spaghetti westerns.

Carl will probably get a break on some doctor show in 20 years

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i dont want to see daryl

ever

his hair is so gross looking

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

A little late, but season 8, ep 14 was a cracker

The one where Rick and Morgan kill the saviours that escaped, "I'm out, you go ahead" Rick and Morgan look at each other, evil music starts, then they start hacking at the saviours

Classic scene

Plus it was a bit of a Carol episode as well

the finale this sunday, dont really care about Negan

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The last ep of season 8

I think the show should have wrapped up there, it was a pretty good finale and the show was getting a bit long in the tooth

But apparently its been renewed for a 9th season

They should have ended TWD there, spun off another show if they felt they could get the ratings, but ended this one here. Season 8 turned out to be pretty lame and I dont see anything interesting to do in season 9

Anyone here still watching this show?

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

season 9 they probably turn on themselves

thats what happens when the enemy is gone..

12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Do you think that they would offer me a part in the film, or would all the zombies bursting out laughing spoil the atmosphere.? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Deidre likes this.
  13. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Never liked movies or TV with excessive violence. No matter how harmless it may seem violence being glorified just isn't cool. Not a popular opinion I know but I don't care

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thats ok, i dont care either

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You wouldnt need much makeup

Only joking

wilsjane likes this.
  16. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

lol I think the zombies are even bored with the plot, now.

wilsjane likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Maggie signs up for another big show, looks good

OrleansWordsmith likes this.
  18. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

VG... have same problem.... They need to wrap it up... Used to love "Supernatural," but it drags on and on.... I know these guys like regular jobs... but TV needs to be fresh. There's almost nothing else they can do on the show except bring in new characters, but the premise remains the same. I do the 10 minute every fifth show peek... but have lost interest. And the "Fear the Walking Dead"? Spinoffs... how I hate them... let me count the ways..... They've had a solid run. The real challenge is to end it well.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I will still watch Fear the walking dead, and ahead of everything else on TV, something about a good zombie TV show or movie, my cup of tea. For me it doesnt have that much competition with anything else on TV at the moment. TWD spolied me for regular dramas, they are too boring now

20. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

OK, not saying the QUALITY is low, and I do love zombie apocalyse stuff... so I guess you love the metaphor.... zombie people must be removed from face of earth violently.... no loss to anybody.... and those whose actual humanity is eroded are also fair game.... I can see it.... I've been doing short shows on Netflix.... going through endless seasons to find out conclusions gets tiresome. This is what I love about BBC Masterpiece Theater... three to eight weeks and you're done! (there are exceptions and I usually get bored with them) American Experience has some fine pieces. Vietnam was longer and highly disturbing, but finely done. As far as new drama/adventure/horror series: Some of American Horror Story... but they are also short. Supernatural show called Preacher was kind of interesting... Lucifer, a police/supernatural comedy/drama! A lot of genres are overdone: vampires, supernatural, zombies, superheroes, robots, clones....world-killing viruses. Straight drama??? Police drama, gangsters (Peaky Blinders) (River) seem to hold up after all these years. But because of the long wait between episodes due to being spoiled by binge watchable shows, a series has to be truly compelling to draw you week after week. Recently, "The Terror" the 1845 true story of a doomed British exploration of the Northwest Passage, has been very good. The best of these shows are packed with great writing and actors young and old. The competition is fierce!