The Value Of One Life Over Another

Discussion in 'Ethics' started by Aerianne, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Its About the Gorilla Right ?
    If the Last (anything on Earth ) Was trying to ,Or hurting one of My family I would Kill it without Thinking !

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

combo of factors, most of which could fall into two categories IMO, advanced external exploration and advanced internal exploration.

advances in science have extended our senses so, as Aerianne noted, we see/live in a world far different than even our near ancestors, figuratively and literally.
    technology has all but obliterated geographical borders as this very forum attests to. when I was 15 I never really envisioned having daily conversations with people around the world, nor have easy access to info from around the world.

then we have the explosion of inner exploration over the last century. Can't underestimate the overall impact the "psychedelic revolution" had/has on every aspect of our paradigm.
    there is no more habitable land to explore and exploit and now borders are becoming increasingly meaningless.
    More than any other time in history the battles are being waged over ideologies more than resources or real estate.

I wouldn't call it realizing our power, more likely realizing our weakness and frailty and hopefully coming to an ultimate understanding that we are all in this together on this rock.