The US military is dropping so many bombs that they are running out of bombs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fraggle_rock, Jun 22, 2018.

1. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Trump’s Military Drops a Bomb Every 12 Minutes, and No One Is Talking About It

I get that kids being separated from their parents is horrible... but this is seriously fucking wrong-- and the total media blackout is scary. I have to admit, I have no idea what 121 bombs per day would mean for someone who is enduring it, but I am pretty much certain it makes the US possibly the most violent nation in world history.

I mean, seriously what the fuck is going on??? Even the right-wingers who voted for this piece of shit don't support 121 bombs per day, right???

This is sick.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I'm with you completely, but I can't get through that article... his writing style is really off-putting.

3. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Bullet points version:

-The US is dropping 121 bombs per day, once every 12 minutes... and it is not even at war with anyone.
    -Bush averaged 24 bombs dropped per day, Obama 34 per day, Trump 121-- more than 3 times what Obama was dropping
    -The pentagon has $21 trillion in unaccounted for funds
    -a lot of the bombs are being dropped on people for crimes that they are likely to commit, but haven't actually committed.
    -98% of casualties are non-targets
    -more than 80 percent of those killed have never even been identified and the C.I.A.’s own documents have shown that they are not even aware of who they are killing—avoiding the issue of reporting civilian deaths simply by naming all those in the strike zone as enemy combatants (anyone in a strike zone is automatically considered an enemy combatant).

The US has been straight-up murdering people for no reason other than keeping the military industrial complex going. This has been happening for over a decade now, and as soon as Trump became president, the amount of death and destruction more than tripled. None of this should come as a surprise, considering he surrounded himself with generals.

Is this what ANYONE voted for???

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Military actions worldwide should cease unless backed by a formal Declaration Of War issued by the Congress. There's a reason for The Constitution.

wilsjane and Meliai like this.
  5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

If this is true, where is the outrage that was shown to Obama for targeted drone strikes?

6. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This article is a bunch of bullshit, and written by a comedian?!? If there was a bomb shortage crisis, the Department of Defense (DOD), (not the "Department of War" that this idiot Comedian calls it) would have backed off along time ago. We have PLENTY of ammunition and our service members are still fighting in places not discussed on the news everyday.

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Did you check to see if there were articles on that site about Obama's drone program before posting this? Because I've read plenty of criticism of Obama on Truthdig.

8. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

9. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

The US is running out of bombs — and it may soon struggle to make more

"The annual Industrial Capabilities report, put out by the Pentagon’s Office of Manufacturing and Industrial Base Policy, has concluded that the industrial base of the munitions sector is particularly strained, something the report blames on the start-and-stop nature of munitions procurement over the last 20 years, as well as the lack of new designs being internally developed."

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Indeed

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

As long as the enemy is something else America never needs to address what its problems are. "War on terror" is a vague idea when is it over? But it is way more important than healthcare or anything else. If not for those terrorists this perfect system of America would work.- right wing logic

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

13. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Ah I totally misread your comment.
    Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2018
  14. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't actually been hearing any stories about wars in foreign lands anymore. ISIS has disappeared from headlines altogether, and the closest thing we have to a big bad at the moment is Putin-- because he interfered with the election... not exactly on the level of dropping 121 bombs per day. I honestly don't even know who they are bombing, and I'm not sure the author does either.

Like he said, the military is basically being left to its own devices and nobody in the GOP seems to give a shit... to be honest, I doubt they even care who is being bombed as long as they keep getting 'donations' from the military industrial complex.

At this point, I don't even think it would be unreasonable to suggest that Trump is ramping up the US/Saudi war crime effort in Yemen in exchange for discounts on juicy land plots to be developed after he steps down.

I know it's a bit much, but do you honestly think it's possible that the GOP, knowing that Trump is going to drive their party into the ground, simply does not give a fuck anymore and they are now trying to make as much money as they possibly can before everything implodes? The worst part is that all of this savagery is bound to result in payback eventually, at which point the GOP will inevitably use it to their advantage, like the Reichstag fire or 9/11.

It's like the fucking end times.

15. unfocusedanakin

Trump Republicans are what the party has been for a long time. Every policy is just turned up when before they have to be subtle about the racism and the cold business only approach to life. I think some day any Republican in a debate will have a standard "I'm a new Republican, not a Trump Republican" statement. But the party and it's values are not going to change in the near future. Americans don't care anymore we have our friends Russia and North Kora. They understand our ways of being a proud people. That is why the world fears and envy's us.

16. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Obama dropped 27,000 in one year and won the nobel peace prize. Nothing has changed.

eggsprog likes this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

Kind of shows the American military does not even need actual soldiers. They rely on machines more and more. That is the way of warfare in general now.

18. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Indeed, it's why we don't need massive standing armies. And yet, we still have them with no serious draw-down in sight. The last time they had a bomb shortage brought about the "Smart" bomb. It allowed old fashioned dumb bombs to be modified with guided fins and a new electronic nose, complete with a camera. What they're running out of now are the warehouses full of dumb bombs (which are much cheaper to upgrade than building new ones).

Another thing we don't need in the US military are "military families". The military treats families like shit. Military personnel with families are always distracted from their primary purpose. Our troops should be entirely bachelor volunteers and (in the case of actual, declared war) draftees. Like it or not, the draft is the only way to ensure an equitable cross section of the population pays the ultimate tax (with their lives). For too long wealth has excluded privileged offspring from serving.

(Sorry to be so Quixotic)

Mamluke13 likes this.
  19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Well eight years of giving them a stern talking to led to such success. I get to watch them behead Anericans on TV and we sure gave them a lot of lip service. Do you bother trying to count how many IEDs they have used against us?

Would you prefer we use spitballs?

Camel dung?

Pigs innards?

20. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Actually, the entire point of the article is that more and more are being dropped.
    So yes, that is a change.