The US Army.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ediction421, May 15, 2004.

1. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

What are peoples thoughts on it? Im considering joining, not that anyone out there could actually influence me either way...

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

It's a good way to earn some money and escape problems.

Yet, you're also placing yourself in the hands of the messed-up government.

Put yourself in a position in which you will cause violence... and may have violence projected towards you just because of your uniform.

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i sure as hell wouldnt join it, i know that much.

4. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

Im pretty sure im gonna join it. Already been to the local recruiter and took the ASVAB and basically just have to go take my physical and shit if I wanna join.
    I got an 80 on the ASVAB, I think thats a pretty good score considering I was one of the last to start and I think the first to finish...

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Fuck the military! I'll slit my wrists before I even think about joining the military. If this government wasn't so fucked up, lying, and downright corrupt, I might think about it if I was down-and-out enough.

6. makno

makno Senior Member

theres a sucker born every moment!...so join , and be the sucker killed every moment ! you can bring death and destruction apon the innocent ,so you can die in agony , with a soul as black as pitch!

7. antithesis

antithesis Hello

As usual Matt, you just said exactly what I was thinking. I would never do it for the money. I'd rather live in a fucking box under a bridge.

8. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

And to think I got so much positive feedback out here in reality or real life or whatever. Besides, someones gotta defend our country right?

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The thing is, you're not really defending your country by invading another one. If we really cared about defending our country, we'd be working on defensive measures versus offensive ones.

10. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

And why do you think you want to enlist? Do you really want to go to Iraq or Afganistan or the next fun place?

Seriously, why?

11. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Join the Salvation Army.

12. makno

makno Senior Member

yea sure its,,, our,,, country !...im gettin a piece of the neocolonial action sent to me in dividends! are you fucking nuts ! worried babys in bagdad are going to kill your lil sister !its morons like you that make me happy ta think i may yet live to see the day when there is no usa or dollar bill .i need to be defended from pricks like you ...have fun hope you get shot where it hurts!

13. antithesis

antithesis Hello

If you really want to help the country, you should help the homeless and other people in need right here.

14. luvndrumn

By positive feedback, do you mean hearing what you want to hear? Then why ask us? We aren't real!

What does being sent to Iraq have to do with defending our country? Have those people in the real world mentioned that we are being infiltrated and attacked on our home soil by Iraqi operatives?

15. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

'

there ya go...

16. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I was in the Army from 20 Aug. 1973 to 19 Aug. 1976.

17. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

how can you actually help the homeless?

There is a socialy demographic cycle of poverty. The homelss are helped enough by welfare. They are homeless for a reason. The only way of helping them would be getting job openings, and how will you do that... municiple construction projects?....no one will trust the homelss as workers... or do you get all the immigrants out of the fast food?...cannot do that.

18. luvndrumn

Or the Peace Corps. Habitate for Humanity. Defend against people being homeless!! There's a radical notion!!!;)

19. The_Mad_Buster

The_Mad_Buster Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Of course its a good thing and yes the gov is fucked up but someones got to fight so all the flower picking sissy fucks can live free and have a cause.

In the oh so great mainstream the army looks good on paper and opens alot of doors to a good start in life so go for it and stay low.

20. ericf

ericf Member

Yeah, don't join the military...