The Ultimate Simpsons Thread

Discussion in 'Cartoons' started by SharyBobbins, May 8, 2004.

1. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

yeah i like that episode too, i never likened it to pulp fiction before though

2. luv2behigh

luv2behigh Member

"go apple, go orange"
    Ralph: "go banana"

3. SharyBobbins

ralph: can you open my milk mommy?

ms. hoover: I am not your mommy.

class: laughs

4. HomerJ

HomerJ Member

That was a good one. I think it's also influenced by the movies "Run Lola Run" and possibly "Go".

And Homer at the chili cookoff, Homer and Otto smoking medical marijuanna, and the Lisa at Duff Gardens have some of great psychadelic references.

I also like the Halloween episode where evil groundskeeper Willie is in the children's dreams. The scene outside the school where he keeps morphing into different things was done pretty well. Bart the Raven is also good. It's amazing how well a cartoon can set such a dark surreal mood.

5. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

one of my favorite quotes from Burns is: "What are you doing man, that's Carl" after Homer throws pudding at him. and then Mr. Burns goes and helps Carl wash up. This is the episode were Homer becomes Mr. Burns' prank monkey.

6. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i love the one where apu has an affair with the squishi girl and he says "ah you definately have not had 8 children" and then homer in shock walks all the way home backwards with a look of horrer on his face.

7. hello

hello ~*resonance*~

i just looked in here. what a great thread. thanks sharyB!

from the episode where homer becomes a hippie:::

munchie: "but there weren't enough vegetables left to fill that order!"
    homer: "heh...that's what i thought at first. but then i found the other garden behind the barn.
    the one with the camouflage netting."
    munchie: "uh-oh..."
    seth: "homer...those were our PERSONAL vegetables."
    homer: "well, now the whole town can benefit from their nutrients!"

from the episode wher lisa becomes vegetarian:::

lisa: "when will people learn that you can be perfectly healthy,
    eating fruits, vegetables, grains, and cheese."
    apu: "oh! cheese!?!"
    lisa: "you don't eat cheese apu?"
    apu: "no i don't eat any food that comes from an animal."
    lisa: "then you must think i'm a monster!"
    apu: "yes indeed i do think that! but i learned long ago, lisa, to tolerate others.
    you know you can influence people without badgering them always."

8. SharyBobbins

Yeah. I love the simpsons. I just got a new poster. It has a picture of homer from the first 15 seasons. I already had the poster with bart on it with the chalkboard sayings.

9. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

My fav episodes are the second coming of sideshow bob which spoofs cape fear, the one where home becomes town sheriff and has to take on the mafia, a spoof on high noon, the one where marge becomes a cop is hilarious.

10. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

I love the one when Principal Skinner quits and Lisa tells Bart, " Everbody has a nemesis. Even Maggie has that baby with the one eyebrow. " I use that every time my kids whine. They think I'm crazy.

11. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

I think my favorite has to be the medicinal marijuana one, where homer gets attacked by crows, and he chills with otto and goes to the Phish concert. The best part is where Phish is like " I smell marijuana, i better see a prescription for that" or somthing like that

12. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i love the part in that one where homer is shaving and when he's done no blood comes out from his shaving nicks...only rainbows lol.

13. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

Yeah i heard that like the makers or w/e got alot of backlash or w/e from that episode b/c it made smoking seem fun b/c of the rainbows and when he was driving the car. I wish it was really like that haha

14. SharyBobbins

what is wrong with a little pot humor? i thought it was funny. i loved the episode when he gave the "vegatables from the private garden" to the town. The old guys sat on the bench laughing to themselves like Beavis and Butthead.

15. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

It's funny how the other day I was babysitting these 2 kids ages 12 and 8. They wanted to watch TV so I turned it on and of course flipped a few channels and The Simpsons was on. I was like "Hey do you guys like The Simpsons?" and they said "I never heard of it!" so I laughed and was like "It's a funny show! let's watch it!"

The next day I get a phone call by there parents saying she's disappointed I let them watch The Simpsons because it's a rude show and doesn't want her kids turning out like a bad apple like Bart Simpson. I was so shocked I laughed and was like "I don't really find anything to seriously bad about The Simpsons" and she said "I don't want you babysitting my kids again!" and hung up.

I've been babysitting these 2 kids for years now since they are friends of my moms and this has never happend before! oh well I found the whole situation rather silly.

16. superNova

superNova Member

yeah that is messed up ^^^

my favorites...

homer: "i'm not not licking toads.."

ralph: "sleep! that's where i'm a viking!"

homer: "are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? what about bacon?"
    lisa: "no."
    homer: "ham?"
    lisa: "no."
    homer: "pork chops?"
    lisa: "dad, those all come from the same animal!"
    homer: "ohh yeah right lisa, a wonderful, magical animal!"

17. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

Has anyoen seen the episode where homer has no money for beer so he trys to "alter His conciessness"sp so he goes and like gives blood and lickes all the toads in a pet store and goes like really high up this mountian for the air etc etc, but finally goes back to moes and he gives him a free beer and gets trashed on 1. But the best part is like when the little teenager kid is like "are u gonna buy those toads or just lick them" and homer says "lick them" and pushes him away.. lol

18. hello

hello ~*resonance*~

this one was on last night...

Fat Tony: "Hello, Mayor Quimby... Just remember that accidents will happen... Like the killing of YOU, by US..."

hahahahahahahhaa

19. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

ah, there are WAY too many good lines in the Simpsons... they've got some amazing writers, it's so excelent...

20. Muzz

Muzz Member

The Simpsons has been going downhill for a few seasons now. It's really saddening.