The truth about shizophrenias ^^

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by JesusChristPose, Dec 25, 2009.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

First of all consider the prevalence of schizophrenia in industrialized society, its less than 1% of our population. So how can you even try to make a comparison with indigenous tribes that have a significantly lower population?

Secondly in many indigenous tribes many of the visionary, eccentric, solitary characteristics exhibited by individuals who we may deem exhibiting schizophrenic qualities are not viewed as mentally unstable and unwell but are actuallt held in higher regard than most in some indigenous cultures. So perhaps there is a difference in the perception of the 'disorder' but the symptoms are similar, and it may be conducive to one way of life but possibly not another.

In regards to mental malfunctioning look back a few pages or actually read about the disorder before repeating dumb assumptions that have already been asserted in this thread.

2. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

to those who think that im schizophrenic...i have a question u can take seriously or u can answer like a crack monkey...did schizophrenia cause my condition or was it my struggle with dealing with THIS society??

anyways ive seen so many people that are driven crazy with the treatment they give us (the diagnosed ones (lol?)...schizophrenia doesnt cause someone to freak out at someone...theyre personal beliefs' causes that. would u say that someone who freaks out at others beliefs in life is schizophrenic? cause u might be on to something...maybe all those doctors diagnosing others are delusional and they are just picking on the weak-minded...XD

btw the same people who were on to something ("ahem, psychotic doctors?") were u arguing that schizos are overly dominant or mere submissive fools?

and ya...ive seen real schizos ive been locked up in mental hospitals and board n cares for years now...and if u wondering, ya im diagnosed schizo and depressive...but why cause i dislike everyone elses beliefs? sounds to me like all this diagnosing schizos is a game of simple-minded dominance.
    And it is. Oh ya, and how do u cover it up? BY MAKING IT SEEM MORE COMPLICATED THAN IT REALLY IS!

And so, lets play a game called " who thinks we should all blame it on this one?"

ready...set..GO!!

3. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Sounding like a disease to me. Diseases need labels.

4. BTS

BTS Member

me and i we are not shizophrens!

5. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

Do you honestly believe that people that dont have any brain disfigurations at all (and i mean those perfect people, you know who i am talking about) can not be influenced to act the same way that those with abomitable brains act? lol...to me, it just seems that THEY ARE THE ONES DIAGNOSED WITH SCHIZO BECAUSE OF AND UGLY GENE...
    while at the same time, everyone else who acts like them are labeled schizophrenic...cause doctors are caught up in a game of pycho-dominance to not just, gain money, but to spread their retarded beliefs on how the mind works (or maybe its just their minds, and they want us all to behave like them...(wait...isnt that what im talking about??XD)). period

listen, i know people have ugly genes, but why is it that anyone acting bizarre is supposed to be schizo, thus treated with harsh anti-psychotics...and do i even have to say against their will? because i know there is plenty...

fuck they will call anyone schizo and u will believe them. and like i said anyone can have a mental breakdown and have all the symptoms of a schizophrenic person but that doesnt mean they have it. lol. it sounds like im all over the place but thats only because of all the fucked up shit that goes on in my life.

1. Too many people are being diagnosed with a made up mental illness
    2. people have ugly genes that cause them to percieve and function in reality differently, but who the fuck says they arent following their own fucked up'd instincts perfectly fine???.
    3 doctors reign supreme in dominating the weak and brainwashing people world-wide with their nonsense.
    4. im sorry, can u not tell where i am coming from? DIAGNOSE ME THEN!XD
    5. poor performance=schizo??? hella gay IMO. try mom didnt love them enough...or u know what? fuckit. maybe they dont know how to love an abomination. (oops! am i talking about myself?...stfu)

6. The Imaginary Being

who am I talking to? You seem a little angrier now.

7. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

anger and intelligence go handinhand

8. The Imaginary Being

in that case

FUCK YOU, YOU MOTHER FUCKING FUCKER!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

9. rollingstoned!

rollingstoned! Member

"Schizophrenics" can range from anyone who is stuck in a loop, someone who thinks too far into things (e.g. trying to make conjectures about things, then builds on these conjectures until they are thinking about things which may or may not be true, but which are not built on concrete evidence), or symptoms that simply cause people to question too much in our society.

Here's my embarassing story of a flirt with what I think is schizophrenia. However, I recommend no one read it.

I realized what society was. The matrix. Control. I wanted to unplug. I did. I began thinking WAY too much. I wanted to do something extraordinary with my life, like be the best. Yes the best human ever. A human that all would remember forever. This is where the colors started to run.

I knew that humans had been around for at least 350,000 years. I knew that some humans like control. I THOUGHT that at some point in history, at least one smart (and essentially evil) human must've had the balls to go farther. That this human (or humans) was so bored that the only next thing to do in life was to control other humans to the point of evolving them into hippies (e.g. evolve the violence out of them) while they evolved even more selfish and violent.

I imagined a king that had everything. What's the next step for him? Go farther then the other humans by as much as possible. Continue controlling them, but any new technology or information that is discovered is hidden from the masses and used for his own benefit. Why would the king do this? Because they're is nothing else to do. He has gotten bored with ruling the world. What's the next step for him?
    He gives the illusion of separate "countries", of wars, and of peace as a shade for his plan.

At this point I THOUGHT that if someone could set this up thousands (perhaps hundreds of thousands) of years ago, long before recorded history, then where are we are now? Are the decendents of this smart human(s) still in control? Then I began to make connections of things of today with my theory (which in my head, was truth, not theory). I saw drugs as purposely being manufactured because those who were "in control" were trying to evolve us into something else. I saw happiness (e.g. love other people) as weak and another plot into making most humans "pets" to those in power. This is what I saw. I was "crazy".
    Sadly, I thought I was crazy at one point, but I didn't care. Because if my theory was true, the only way to find out was to treat conjectures as facts. Paranoia. There would be no hard evidence of a select few people ruling the world. Because that evidence would never make it past "the filters", which there would inevitably be. Stuff like this ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lksVXMDo7fc"]YouTube- ‪part 3 of 13 OLD WORLD SECRETS THE OMEGA PROJECT CODES‬‎ did not help the state I was in, it only fueled it. On top of this, I was eating loads of drugs, and supplements.

After about a year of thinking like this, I decided that it was going nowhere and if it was true, fuck it, it's too late. I also wanted to return to a normal life, as being paranoid all the time takes the life out of you. I ate acid. I lost my ego, and essentially my ego of trying to be the absolute best human. It was stupid. And I stopped caring and thinking about it.

I can only imagine if I kept going for another year or two, and forgot that all of this had come from ONE conjecture. Then, it would of been part of me forever and my reality would have been based off of conjecture based on conjectures based on conjectures....

I believe this is one way schizophrenics are made.

10. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

people say I'm schizo but i refuse to take any type of meds and not be some drolling idiot

11. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

as i think, u ponder...as u ponder, i corrupt...as i corrupt....THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD CREATES A RETARD GAME INTO CONTROLLING OTHERS THOUGHTS. hows that for schizo's arent spiritual enough???

it would take someone such as most of you who answer my threads to turn something as simple as "taking advantage of a situation" into something that needs to be controlled.

the end...is the end, and the beginning to a new corruption.

12. paperairplane

paperairplane Banned

schizophrenia is about the inherent lag caused by language
    theres so much far beyond language, you can never reach these places using language, assuming others do not know, and this is where duality is said to begin, its because language inherently contains errors, and to be corrected, you have to be in a place unannexed by time, do you believe this? maybe its best that you don't, it just reveals where the true center is, and different energies come into aware, that are not necessarily rooted so finely in the lines of the corporeal world, is this a distortion? I just think its hard to believe any of this is true, because all of it comes from a state, its almost like as if this is just an act, it has no real precedent
    if there was no schizophrenia would one percieve anything? its the creative spark and the beginning of stories, its the energy from which stories are created, but in a more primal form, i was transported to a formless soul level and suddenly remnants of the world are coming forth, and the world is giving birth to itself and its bizarre, its just a happening and i witness it feelings and all, where does it come from, i understand what you mean its easy at this stage just to fly randomly in uncertainty, and drift going with the winds, because you come across so many decisions, where everything is advantageous and simultaneously disadvantageous, so there is no need for action, you could branch out and say schizophrenia is meditation, just like you could name each diety individually, by name, in the end this would make some kind of a difference, but is it just that more has been said, even something thats just being said has its beginnings in the greatest and smallest.. but it implies a duality even more poetically, bizarrely when you see it trickling, without explanation, completely innocently, or non judgementally, but holding these precepts, maybe without even knowing it, nothing is explained, nothing could ever be explained fully in that one split moment, but at some point it must have happened, otherwise why would we say, this must be explained, and i've seen it explained and its kind of an amazing thing, but in the end its just words, the energy, and the love which pours out, and where it is found, i many cases because of those dead who are at the moment unyielding for whatever reason asleep we converse with, we are unable to get a full understandig of what the true ature of things is, but at the same time we have already done this, words are pointless and fickle and yet they have the greatest weight in the end, no one really knows, but its just happening in and of itself, in the end, its amazing, suprising inspiring how it all comes together, and what is really the point, everyone is where they are for a reason, due to your approach to life, schizophrenics are just open to many ways of looking at it, and may put a lot into a way that someone who was not schizophrenic would not invest any effort into. Maybe this is unwise, and which is why its known as an illness, but all I can say is the universe works in mysterious ways, though we are its embodiment, how can we really say anything, or even refrain from saying
    if its there its there, it could be changed, destroyed, it coudl all be erased,but the truth is its there

without words there is no 'knowing'
    there is also no 'confusion'

when knowing and confusion start, then you have schizophrenia

at least for me, thats where it begins

i understand what you mean, i feel like its just something that was never really explained
    even if you asked directly it just wouldn't be explained
    its the realization of how alone you are, and how intricate vast and dreamlike your own being is and even its own dreams
    like on the medicine wheel, theres so many points

and then youve done these intensely personal things right out in the bright day sun and i mean life goes on

maybe its related to transgenderism like the difference in creation ad division, smoothly coming together, growing,
    being torn apart

does it only seem that way because you aren't seeing where the real source is, sometimes we are just on the edge and we don't see

when you keep a spiritual perspective, all is one, all is love, it helps to see this

i guess the most honest thing to say is that its a movement, a movement of energy

it is too bad that so little is understood

and you get into bad situations because the voices, and your own being
    the dynamics of the two, and other people

you have to protect yourself

but you realize there is like some friendship with the universe, of some friendship with yourself
    you see deep lines of energy, you have more trust and faith in yourself
    and strength

spiritually it has a purpose spiritually all of us do it, we all take part in it all, because we are one

in this way, we see, and we have awareness, but theres always more
    so maybe i am totally blind in some times
    i don't know...

when the spirits speak to me i don't think so, but thats maybe all delusion real enough to me when its actually happening

to protect your own mind, from stupidity, you begin to see, sadly.. it has to do with people who are around you, maybe some of us are on the end... doing something quiet and theres no real help any more, faith helps...

in quiet states you look out on the world, why is it like this, why is there this wrongness? you send your good intentions there, you journey out to other worlds, and learn what you need to know
    you call it what you will, come back...

you wonder with the last people you are with, am i still alive just because of faith or something, maybe all of that is true, its possible, theres no real way to know for sure, but they don't seem to understand, they dont see, when maybe suddenly its clear to you, you see the root of a huge problem
    nobody really considers it, its not something they would have thought of, its too simple
    so the problem doesn't get solved
    unless you do it... even then ironically they may say, ah look this crazy person, in their delusion.. time goes on, everyone is a lot better off, even if they don't know why
    you just have to be selfless and follow your heart

13. CoolRunnings

CoolRunnings Member

I read this thread a while ago. I did not lean toward one particular side. After some things that have happened and after a strong, abrupt self-discovery, my lack of a stance has changed. I think I know where the OP is coming from. At the least, I think I have a similar view.

If a person realizes that her or his image that others hold of her or him is not the real her or him and can no longer pretend in order to fill a social role and function in a society where everyone pretends (knowingly and unknowingly), is labeling them insane really the right course of action? Is this "condition" worse than the average person's way of living? Or, is it just different?

It seems that schizophrenia's base symptom is not being able to cope with the insecurity and anxiety experienced when the schizophrenic's attempt to fit into society is not motivated by their true thoughts and feelings, but the universal need to fit into society. Any person can feel this once they realize they are pretending to be something they are not in order to be a functioning member of society.

It seems that this state of mind is the seed and the label of "clinically insane" is the nourishment that helps this "disorder" worsen and develop other symptoms. The mind is powerful beyond most's comprehension. Isolation and alienation can do very strange things to a person. Some in society may secretly be in favor of getting these people out of the scheme of things. The type of person that realizes that the basis of everything in this world is pretense will likely be an unproductive part and detriment to society. Some people may be able to conform and adjust.

I don't think the absolute truth will ever be known. It would take a psychiatric paradigm shift to come close to being sure.

14. I agree about language, paperairplane. I hear voices, and I can directly connect it to language. There is a world of experience beyond language, where you understand that words do not suffice; they are not the same thing as what is actually happening.

So I think we're in the same boat. I don't think schizophrenia is necessarily an illness. It can be difficult, but it's just difficult in general that people will try to stereotype you, to keep you confined so that they feel safe and secure or whatever.

I feel "pressures" as well and wonder if anybody else experiences this. It will feel as though someone is physically connected to me and perhaps walking in front of me, or sneaking up behind me, etc. An eye will become hollowed out. And I hear the voices of people I know if I reference them in my mind. But people's "spirits" or what have you will use strange words. Great descriptive words, but not words that I or anyone else uses.

15. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I think that if you are hearing voices, and you know they aren't real, or from this reality, and you consider yourself crazy then you are. Yes this was me from May-the end of July last year. Yeah Im done with mushrooms.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

so i committed a cardinal hipforum sin and skipped to the end of the thread to reply to the OP without reading everyone else's reply...so i'm probably repeating what other people have already said, but i don't have time right now to read through 8 pages right now and i'm an opinionated asshole that can't resist sharing my opinions..

schitzophrenia is indeed a very real illness. I agree that most mental illnesses are just labels to categorize normal human behavior, but that does not apply to schitzophrenia. at all. The difference is that people suffering from mental disorders such as depression, anxiety, etc etc are aware of their problems and can take steps to correct this. Someone with schitzophrenia may be able to understand that they have schitzophrenia, but they cannot control their brain in a way that makes the illness go away. They can't control it at all. I say this as someone that has a family member that is schitzophrenic.

that is all :)

17. Geriatric Delinquent

Geriatric Delinquent Member

Yer right, Jesus. We should just give these impostors a good sniff of Zyklon B and be done with them. My drug fucked daughter, who believes every ninth moving car is maroon and the CIA speak to her, among many other bizarre beliefs, should have first sniff! Because, according to you, she has lied to me for 15 years.

18. dormouse

dormouse Member

my imaginary friends and i think you're ALL nuts.

19. Proxy

Proxy Guest

(Ive been lurking the forums for about 2 months, decided to post)

Its very very real. I was diagnosed as paranoid schitzophrenic about 2004, and it took a lot of self-analysis to understand and accept my ways of thinking were abnormal. Currently I am symptom free - after years of hard work.

Some people might say that it couldnt have been schitzophrenia because I got better, but honestly I accepted (after being ill my whole life) that I couldnt just sit there and fight my illness all/every day. I slowly started to work on all the problems it had caused me, once I had fixed all these problems and unravelled the layers of my madness (and stopped trying to find a cause, accepted that it in itself was the cause) it became less of an issue, then it stopped being an issue at all.

My advice for anyone who is ill reading this (and anyone in general) is simply: If you find yourself in the abyss, just start climbing. Work on the problems you can fix.

I did a writeup explaining my personal experience, but as it started very young it ended up being absolutely massive. Plus (although it has a happy ending) its a pretty depressing read.