The truth about shizophrenias ^^

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by JesusChristPose, Dec 25, 2009.

1. boredpsycho

boredpsycho resident grammar nazi

and so the most staunchly naive idealists and conspiracy theorists and the voices of reason clash yet again on hf...:rolleyes:

2. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

but to define "healthy" is a bias too. is "healthy" based on if the person will live longer? or how they deal with other people? or how "clear" they can think? healthy in unclear let alone biased. and not biased in terms of it has an alternative motive, but not exactly logistical.
    to say it's an illness is just to say they're different from the norm. how much expertise in psychology or science you have is regardless. its like saying, "i learned stuff from the normal people about the abnormal" and when it comes to abnormality, the hipforums should understand
    an illness should be considered major birth mutations for example. something that completely disrupts being a person. now thats where the opinion line is drawn. imo schezo's use their thoughts in destructive ways, if not now, later. and thats due to them "knowing" its an "illness". if the thought processes were used in productive ways, the scenario would be completely different.
    kinda exactly the same as ADD but bigger. people just settle for it being an illness, when people like me see it as a gift for doing something greater in terms of different.
    quite frankly i think people are accepting of the world or ignorant, and when you're not accepting, you might as well be racist. so i see a lot of half-assing going on. people should start seeing all actions to their root, and know that nothing is evil. if anything, bias is evil.

3. paperairplane

paperairplane Banned

nothing is evil
    love

4. Emanresu

Emanresu Member

The schizophrenic brain is very different from the average brain. A average healthy brain is capable of making responses that are appropriate to the environment. A schizophrenic brain is not capable of generating appropriate responses specifically because the schizophrenic brain is improperly constructed. Anyone who has spent time with people who have been diagnosed by a qualified person as being schizophrenic knows that to claim that it could be positive is preposterous. Many schizophrenic people have a hard enough time maintaining personal hygiene let alone having a positive influence in the world.

To claim that psychological knowledge is irrelevant is also preposterous as schizophrenia is a psychological disorder. Psychologists have actually taken the time to investigate this phenomenon scientifically and are therefor qualified to speak about it. If you have never read the studies, if you have never looked at a schizophrenic brain, then you are just making things up and you have no authority to speak on these matters. It is irresponsible to go around spreading unsupported claims about serious disorders.

You can believe what you want but your belief is contrary to the facts.

5. Tyigh

Tyigh Member

im schizoprenic,but not the split personality kind, i have split emotions where i have extreme emotions and i find it very hard to contain them for example i really only have three emotions which are happy, sad and angry but i can switch to one from the other just like that, it does seem like im someone else but im not i just cant control myself and my head starts working without me , and its believed to be gentic in my case, my mother had it and now so do i, its not as extreme as alot of people think it is, alot of people i know dont even notice it in me anymore, usually there is something that sets it off, starts it all, with me it was a simple case of a family member dieing when i was abit younger, i am on medication, and have been since i found out i had it.

it is quite hard to live with, as people presume your some crazy phsyco killer...when your really not, and i get worked up over stupid things like a lead breaking on my pencil.

its a pretty harsh thing, but i got used to it

x

6. MorganBjorgan

MorganBjorgan Guest

I wonder if Schizophrenia could actually be broken down into sub categories more than the ones we know about.

7. PARANOIA7

PARANOIA7 Member

Thats true..I was classified as a Paranoid schizo...and I Know Im not! just because were a little eccentric in our way of thinking doesn't mean theirs something wrong with us mentally..I think we should all explore the depths of our mind...! and as long as you know thats not who you are it doesnt matter! so dont let peoples labeling make you believe your something your not...! because in doing so you will believe you are and become that role which they have labeled you with...

8. SkankyJesus

SkankyJesus Member

hey jesus, jesus here, and forget those ppl, i agree with you

9. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

yeah take schizophrenic Gerald-- everyday guy like you and me. Just has a few minor chemical imbalances. Actually i got a new spin on the outlook for the more liberal among us, who's to say that these BRAIN chemicals even need to be balanced?? Balance and imbalance = human made = unreal = false = schizophrenia != chemical related at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGnl8dqEoPQ"]YouTube- Schizophrenia: Gerald, Part 1

10. SkankyJesus

SkankyJesus Member

that picture needs a tylenol... okay how long has it been since he took a tylenol?

11. SkankyJesus

SkankyJesus Member

Part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6h8Ic-I7R0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6h8Ic-I7R0

12. M U D K I P

M U D K I P Member

Schizophrenia causes a lot more than personality problems nignog.

13. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

no it doesnt...personality is everything. or better yet everything that happens has a personality. youve just been forced to listen to too many bullshit rants i guess so ya...probably dont know what im talking about...eh but is it an excuse??

14. Emanresu

Emanresu Member

Just a label? What does that even mean? The word 'schizophrenic' is a label for people suffering from a well known physiological abnormality that results in dysfunction in daily activities, deviance from norms, distress to the individual, and in some cases dangerous behavior. The schizophrenic brain lacks cortical area. Connections originating in the fore-brain and terminating in the mid-brain are weak and abnormal. As a result the front brain cannot properly interact with and regulate the emotional and motivational cortex. Schizophrenia is a biological disease just as hepatitis is a biological disease.

I think people have a hard time realizing that mental disorders are physical disorders because many people have not yet realized that the mind is the brain, and the brain is a physical organ. If something goes wrong in that organ, it will cease to function properly just as the liver ceases to function properly when it is infected with hepatitis causing pathogens.

15. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

what does that mean lacks the cortical area? what does that area govern?

16. Emanresu

Emanresu Member

Why would you make claims about schizophrenia if you don't even know what cortical matter is? Get yourself an intro to psychology text book, and an intro to physiological psychology text book and study.

It would be like me saying "you know hepatitis is just a label" without ever studying germ theory or knowing what a pathogen is.

17. itsallgood

itsallgood Senior Member

Schizoprhenics are too smart.

18. itsallgood

itsallgood Senior Member

Combine that with their thoughts and that chemical brain imbalance and its like why a therapist lives.

19. kempoblack

kempoblack Member

Im surprised this thread died in March, but i would have to agree with Jesus that schizophrenia is just some blanket diagnosis that doctors give you when they really dunt know what the fuck is wrong with you. true the scientific evidence that schizophrenics brains are different than "normal" people is confusing but no scientist can tell you why one identical twin doesn't hear voices while the other does.

20. dollyfizz

dollyfizz Senior Member

Are you for real!? Identical twins are still two entirely different beings. They don't even need to look alike to be identical. Common stereotype. Identical twins are VERY different people. They develop from a single egg/sperm hence the genetic makeup is the same and they end up looking similar. ANY scientist will tell you that. Apparently I don't need to be a scientist to tell you that.

The idea that schizophrenia is a 'blanket disagnosis' is ridiculous. It's not something doctors can diagnose easily, there's a lot that has to take place before a doctor can give someone the diasnosis of schizophrenic. Yes, it does do different things to different people and there are different levels of it. Think of it like cancer. We all know what cancer is and what it can do to a person, but it can take place in many different forms, in different ways and different things can happen. There are different types of schizophrenia and different symptoms. It's not easy to just diagnose schizophrenia.