The truth about shizophrenias ^^

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by JesusChristPose, Dec 25, 2009.

1. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

It's just a label...it may as well not exist. Sure people may have minor brain developmental differentials (or huge..) that cause minor (or huge...) chemical imbalances, but in the end thats all it is. To me people who are diagnosed with shizophrenia just have really bad life stories that effect their personality in ways that are...well, i cant really explain the rest.

2. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

WOW, 1 view...0 replys...maybe this place isnt as popular as it was once

3. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

schizophrenia is currently seen as a brain disease.

you don't think it's a sickness in our culture?

i do... there's more to it than all the romantic stuff. inability to form coherent thoughts when the symptoms are bad, inability to string together the simple things in ones life to form a coherent story and purpose... it's true isolation, and devastating.

i think that life is what we make it... and there are things we can do... and the way we handle it in society doesn't help people get better, but often keeps them sick and makes them sicker.

it is something though... it's different, outside of the spectrum... are you schizophrenic? or do you know anyone with schizophrenia?

i was mis-labeled schizotypal... partially do to my misunderstanding, and the limits of the diagnostic process. my case was a perfect example of life experiences being the cause... and hey, i'm 19 so who knows what's coming... but there are some very, very sick people out there.

4. Man, I can't tell you where I used to work but trust me schizophrenia is a horrible illness. The thing is that if someone suffering from this illness takes their meds they can lead some semblance of a normal life. The problems occur when the patient thinks they're "better" and decide that they no longer need the medication and therefore fall into a very psychotic state and are unable to take care of themselves. This leads to admission to a psychiatric unit until their meds are regulated, discharged, stop taking them again and so on and so on. There are a few people though that are diagnosed with this illness who lead their lives relatively successfully in "normal " society with help from health care professionals

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Schizophrenia is one of the few mental illnesses that occurs and is recognized by mental health professionals/institutions across all cultures.

JesusChristProse, where exactly did you form your opinion from. Are you an educated professional?

6. psychedelicg1rl

psychedelicg1rl Member

schizophrenia, is real! and I think it is pretty naive to say otherwise. There is tests they do even on the brain that can detect schizophrenia.

It is a serious mental illness, and deserves the same awareness, as other diseases, it is as serious as heart disease, or something that can kill. Untreated it can kill someone.

7. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

8. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

to me its just a condition that people go through do to mental abuse and neglect. it can happen to anyone(wither its intentional or not...ill explain)...hearing voices, talking amongst oneself, delusions, any of it can happen to someone under the right circumstances. especially to those that have learning disorders. even more especially to people with learning disorders that arent appearent or even undiscovered yet. *explained.

seriously...when someone says something like, they have an inherited disease or they have a chemical imbalance and they need to be locked up in a facility or be medicated their whole life, thats just midevil (in other words, a failed attempt at understanding someone different from you)...and u wonder why so many "schizo's" want to kill themselves.

what if the true schizo's were those that cant come up with the ability to percieve life as a so called "true schizophrenic"?

9. CherokeeMist

i do agree that there may be better ways to treat these people. telling someone "you're very sick" their entire life is bound to have some negative effects. hell, it can scar a "normal" person to always be denied!

however, this IS a legitimate condition that goes beyond living conditions. this is a condition which causes a noticeable change in your brain structure and function. it needs to be addressed, and the people need guidance in some way or another.

it's not all magic and hearing voices, you know.

i was diagnosed with a schizotypal personality disorder (and while i disagree with that diagnosis), the qualifications i had were far from spiritual or artistic. they mostly consisted of intense feelings of emotional emptiness, dissociation, bizzare thoughts and often times a totally blank mind and a difficulty doing everyday things. this type of disorganization is common in schizophrenia and related disorders, and what good does that do anyone? it's just a lot of *bleh*.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

the voices in my head made me reply to this thread... :leaving:

11. CherokeeMist

12. letmeSleep

letmeSleep Member

yo jesuschristpose, I, unlike you, have a degree in psychology and have worked with people with schizophrenia first-hand. for all you know it could be that these people are aliens sent to relay a very important message to the rest of us but we don't believe their crazy asses.

13. Emanresu

Emanresu Member

Schizophrenia involves major biochemical and structural abnormalities and is most definitely real.

14. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

has it ever occured to u that these disturbed people are really good at making shit up...and obviously good at having people like u believe them (at least to have u believe that they believe their own shit :p) cause seriously, its not like u know what their inner most thoughts really are.

anyways...its metaphorical and in a sense metaphors put into action. they create this entire persona that makes u believe they are really much weirder than they already are probably cause they want u to see things differently...they just want u to understand where and why they come up with the things they do....and that, you would really have to have a long conversation with them i guess to get the real answer.

can you honestly believe that someones dna determines the kind of stuff one's imagination comes up with. cause that is what it sounds like...to me, neither the doctor or patient take the proper course of actions into explaining themselves to one another

15. CherokeeMist

before we continue, i think it would be a good idea to be on the same page... this is an interesting topic but i feel like there are a lot of words being thrown around without much definition.

JesusChristPose, what exactly do you understand schizophrenia to be? not a list of symptoms copied from a medical site, but like, could you give a detailed explanation of the kind of person you have in mind that would be considered "schizophrenic" as you're using it here?

16. Bullshit, get to know someone suffering from schizophrenia and then pass comment.

17. paperairplane

paperairplane Banned

The way I see it schizophrenia is caused by a blockage or imbalance in the energy flow of environment or the individual, since the two really cannot be separated. Whatever blockage, subconsciously or consciously causes repititive action, and agititation which inspires thought and eventually leads to the abnormal behavior or happenings that happen to schizophrenic people. At some point its important that the individual realize that a massive paradigm shift has occured, and act as a healer or messenger, mainly to oneself, but also to the environment and world, and to awareness itself. In my world most and perhaps all schizophrenic cases are caused by repression of some energy. Something that needed to happen in your life did not happen, and some cases does not happen, because once you are introduced to the health system, what they tend to want to do is supress even more, and leave you diagnosed as a sick person. Even they are a part of it though, its all a spiritual process and part of the healing of the world, that is going on right now. People are becoming aware of other realities that are equally valid, the old ways, and shamanism, gnosticism, mysticism, are returning, beings are becoming more aware of their own freedom, and of a need to return to the roots, to give back to the Earth. In my own experience I took up yoga and meditation and was strongly called by the older peaceful and non linear worldview of Mother Goddess oriented religions/societies/whatever of Inanna, Isis, and especially Cybele. I feel my and those around me's deep desire to return to a more primal and simple and harmonious way of life is the root of this experience. What I encountered was a strong opposition, even from the hospitals then, who were confused as to the validity of my religion, which further led to their misinterpretation of my message. Eventually I left the hospital, seeing in it a distraught but perfect reflection of the inner workings of myself, that no doctor ever mentioned, no this was done... purely by the workings of nature, and of spirit. Secretly I had gone there, for the benefit of all beings. I was on the verge of suicide, prior to going in, my death would undo all the suffering and illusion in the world, but it was not to be, the gods intervened, the spirits intervened. Though I feel like in many ways I have died, and truly death is only one step in a cycle, leading to birth, so maybe I did die then.

Also I wanted to become a priestess of Cybele, it said to do this traditionally you cut off your penis, I was struggling with my gender identity, and saw myself as transgendered, and still do, also as two spirit, even though this kind of distinction of gender means less to me, gender is totally unreal. But cutting off the penis, and becoming a woman, in that sense was a big of becoming a Priestess for transexuals in the old days. I didn't have money for an operation, so I was seriously contemplating just cutting it off, I hated being in the guys role all the time, I hated the fact that no one could ever see who I really was, that it was so hard, that everything felt off, and uncomfortable, I had a good feeling this is where it was coming from. Again, the spirits intervened, theres no need to hurt yourself, just live as a woman, this is what the Pomo (the guardian of Wanti, divine grandmother of light :)) told me, maybe you are not a woman like them, you are yourself, but I know and you know what you are, they can never define you. So eventually I found peace with who I am, as I am, and I can teach other people so the way for others like me is not so hard. (i feel like this is true for people wanting to leave society, transgender people, and spiritual folk)

Its important to do different things, to always find something new, because we do have a dual nature, everyone does go both ways, in a sense, to a degree, because it is a learning process, towards reaching wholeness and one ness, non duality.

I eventually found the truth the Goddess blessed me with this vision, and knowledge of Wanti.. on the other side of the sky, which is very ancient, but is only just returning to our collective memory... then I knew what I must do, even though I sometimes doubted, all the time something would happen and it would be made clear, a teacher would appear, I would see something,
    I am a faery that was sent down with at least one other, the tree from the realm of Wanti to aid in saving this world... to bring awareness, and love forth, to bridge the gap between humanity and fairy, and also all of nature and other worlds, and to learn and teach of plants, and their uses, and to sing!

continued to live my life, and practice yoga, healing, play music, am I schizophrenic? I do experience voices, etc. wierd feelings, paranoia, some days are really bad, and i cant go out in public, i dont want to see people.. I am never totally 'sure' of what is true intellectually, I know that we can only truly go on feeling, so I try to follow good vibes. Sometimes I wonder is this true?
    I know in my heart that it is, but I also know, this planet needs to make its own story, I am only here to point out a possibility, I know what is true in my heart, and that always lives on, and in Wanti it lives on, when the people of Earth realize the possibities and loving infinity inherent all around them, and make sustained sincere attempts at healing, then it will be done, I think true whole health is something that has not been widely experience or even sought in some time by the majority of people, which is a problem, the more healthy you are the more you are living by the fire of your own soul, which in wanti we call ness, and by doing this you are living creation into being, just as it wants to be expressed, and so there is no blockage. The thing is everyone must find what is health for themself, they must find their true nature. I think schizophrenia is the passing on of this calling, this spirit energy that permeates all things and is the basis of all forms, it is a process of the universe that has always been, and will never go away, because it is the nature of awareness.

love is the greatest thing!

this is priestess of Wanti, encouraging you to love and live fully, to breathe fresh air, to see through (maybe even clean up?) the trash on the mirror

and now i gotta get the water cuz its boiling

peace yaall

oh yeah so i think schizophrenia is just the change that is always present, and even its name and appearance changes and we will never understand it, because it is that, it is mystery itself, kundalini, spirit, ness, existence, all...

it is a natural force that maintains our essence, it is in everything

aigy

RA MA DA SA, SA SAY SO HUNG: This is the Siri Gaitri Mantra, and it is chanted for healing. Ra is the sun, Ma is the Moon, Da is the earth, and Sa is Infinity. Say is the totality of Infinity, and So Hung is "I am Thou". "Ra Ma Da Sa" is the Earth Mantra. And "Sa Say So Hung" is the Ether Mantra. Chanting “Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Se So Hung” awakens healing energy in yourself and in our world.

18. paperairplane

paperairplane Banned

we all go through the same thing really, largely it is a matter just of realizing
    everything is context and nothing is knowable

19. Emanresu

Emanresu Member

This is preposterous. Schizophrenia is a biological disorder. The schizophrenic brain is very different from a healthy brain. The symptoms of schizophrenia are caused by these brain abnormalities and the resulting imbalances of neurotransmitters and neuromodulators.