The truth about Brexit.

Discussion in 'UK Parties and Protests' started by Ged, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

It was not my intention to insinuate that.

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Well, I disagree with most of you.

But no way am I admitting it in this thread.

3. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Maybe Brexit won't happen man...Fingers crossed. I hope it's a fix.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

....or, you do a 2nd vote and you get a higher percentage of leave voters

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Some short term pain for some long time gain.

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I have no experience with local UK politics. But what I hear is the EU is just too much trouble with tax and regulations.

I get that but I see a scary trend of my country first and only coming not just from the UK but other countries. This lends itself to racism and nationalism. I hope people continue to see their strength in numbers. Besides the bureaucracy it seems some people like Brexit to "perverse English culture" which means we England have emigration policies not friendly to immigrants. White English need the jobs. That is what bothers me if true.

The EU seems to make a lot of thing convenient like travel. But if England can leave and not turn into Italy or Germany in the 1940's it is their right.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No pain, no gainz. :D

Mallyboppa likes this.
  9. AliceK

AliceK Newbie

We don't need the EU. Its just a club for white countries

10. boubindica

boubindica Banned

I, for one, am glad we’re out. I never wanted “in” in the first place because I’ve never perceived centralization of power as a good thing in general.

Mallyboppa likes this.
  11. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just wait till all the shops empty because most of our food originates in the EU and the bureaucracy and form filling are making life a lot more difficult for the importers.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  12. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

never happen !! any shortages at the moment are being caused by a different virus than the European union

13. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Its all ready happening with a shortage of drivers as many were from over seas . Whilst I have no sympathy for the Fast Food Corporates ,thats just tip of the iceberg with things set to get much worse in the coming days and weeks .

14. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

You just about got it right there in your one liner PS.

Also.
    If we had stayed in the EU there would be a lot more dead through Covid as we would have been restricted what we could do in respect of Covid vaccine.
    The EU fucked up on that one, and the vaccination situation has been shite in pretty much every EU country due to red bastard EU tape.
    We are FREE from all of that shite.
    Thank goodness!

wilsjane likes this.
  15. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Now we are blaming the delivery shortages on the lack of drivers from eastern Europe.
    What a pity that people would rather stay on the dole than learn how to drive a lorry.
    Hopefully the penny will drop one day and we will become a real country again.

16. boubindica

boubindica Banned

So many of us are overweight and diseased from a shite diet anyway. Food forest gardens are the way to go.

17. boubindica

boubindica Banned

About time we all learned a lot more about the foods around us too… I don’t think people realise how many of our plants are edible AND way more nutritious than the imported goods.

18. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just because you're on a vegetarian diet, doesn't mean the rest of us are :mad::mad::mad:. Furthermore I do not live in the country, but in the centre of a city and have no access to land to enable me to grow any vegetables.

19. boubindica

boubindica Banned

I’m not a vegetarian, and I wasn’t advocating becoming one. Food forests and permaculture can, and often does, include animals (chickens, goats, cows, ducks, geese, pigs etc). You live by the sea. There’s plenty for you to eat there anyway. I live in the city of London and there’s plenty to forage, even here, for the time being.

I’m talking about a shift in the way we produce, gather and distribute our foods. We would need to strengthen our communities again to support each other. This would benefit mankind, nature and the planet as a whole.