The trouble with cats and lodogs...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Lodog, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Alright. First a short story.

I came home the other day from grocery shopping. I'd grabbed the first load of groceries gearing up for about 20 trips up and down one flight of stairs. I heard a cat crying which isn't odd so I didn't think nothing of it. On the second trip I saw a small white bolt disappear behind the apartments I live in. I investigated and came upon the cutest kitten I've ever seen. He or she was covered in grime and it walked up to me. I should have obeyed my first instinct and left it, but i picked it up and threw it in my bathroom while I took care of the rest of the groceries (It ultimately didn't matter because the icecream melted anyway) Carolyn was already hooked, and I was too pooped to put up an argument. I later asked the other tenants that live in our complex and the kitten didn't belong to anyone so I assumed it was dropped off by someone too lazy to put it in a box by Wal-Mart. *sigh*

I ended up taking it to my parents to get it de-wormed and see if she would take it in. It's too early in the year though and her cats haven't been picked off by coyotes yet. She couldn't take it. So here I am on the third day and I notice a mother cat and three other kittens exactly this one's size on the other side of the fence behind our apartments. This one must have gotten through somehow and couldn't find it's way back. Of course the little thing is growing on me, and I'm stuck with the conundrum of keeping it or returning it to it's litter.

I'm not a big fan of cats, but I did watch a documentary about tigers recently and got to thinking it'd be cool to own a tiger. This thing isn't exactly a tiger, but he took to a litter box right away so I haven't had to clean any shit or piss since I took it in. That's a plus. I guess it's a foregone conclusion since Carolyn and the boy love him... guess it was just meant to be.

I haven't named him yet, but I'm leaning towards Newt.

It's white with a tuft of orange hair like me. It keeps attacking my toes while I'm on the computer too. What do you all think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like you are a goner. Goner keep that kitty. What a doll that kitty is!

3. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

4. ghostkitty

ghostkitty Member

Man that's a cute kitten. But you know what kittens grow up to be right? Cats. Just sayin.

5. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Aww. Cute. Yea I guess at this point I'd take it in. There's all kinds of cats outside this place. Someone moved out of here and left an indoor cat outside when they moved and the cat stayed and ppl feed it and it's nice but kinda old and sick. its sad. there's little kittens born around here and I think the neighbor took one in. I brought a little tiny kitten that case loves (was holding it outside and stuff) into the house once and showed dan but he wasn't having us take in another cat. so didn't keep it but it's tempting to keep one of them sometimes. but, have had too many expenses etc w our cats in past few yrs..

7. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

[​IMG]

Real men make one trip

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It does look like you, Lodog.

It's your cat-child.

9. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

It sounds like it was meant to be. :)

With that being said I am a pet owner and know what it feels like to lose a pet, young or old. I do think you should communicate with the family with the cats. They may be worried sick. Tell them what happened, tell them you fell in love. You will likely get to keep him. :2thumbsup:

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i dont like cats

im allergic so that makes me slightly biased towards not liking them

11. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Make sure you get it fixed before it is a full adult, it costs more then. I have no idea why.

12. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

That is a cute kitty. Though I'm not a fan of cats at all. There are lots of cats roaming around where we live, all are clearly pets as they have collars. Anyway, they come into our garden and poo all over the place, it's disgusting. And it drives my dog crazy. If my dog went and pooped in the neighbours' gardens everyday all hell would break loose so why is it ok for cats to do that? Not cool.

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

It's a Catspiracy.
    I posted a thread about this some time ago. Cats are taking over the world, ask the Ancient Egyptians.

Obviously that mother cat has been watching you for some time, then, just as you arrived, she shoved this little one through the fence, into your path.......
    And now you have been infected with Cattus Vaecordem. You're a goner, it's too late. The best you can do now, is look for cheap cat food. Once they sink their claws into you, they never come out.

I've seen it before.
    Some people are carriers of this insidious disease. Posting cutie pictures all over the net. Corrupting our youth........

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's ingenious. i always just grab all the bag handles in my hand, but that just results in smashed bread.

probably because they know once the adult cat starts humping everything and spraying all over the place, you'll be willing to pay whatever it takes to neuter it.

15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^ This...:)

Cheers Glen.

16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

no where does he say that the mama cat has owners to talk to....obviously he would return a kitten if the mama cat lived somewhere.....all he says is that it got stuck on the other side of the fence

you and glen are both assuming that blowdog is keeping a kitten that belongs to someone else???

tsk tsk for assuming such a shitty move on lodogs part

17. i_was_in_shroom_land

i_was_in_shroom_land Shroomier than you!

aww.. keep ittt

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not the biggest fan of cats but that is a beautiful kitten and it looks like he has found his home :)

19. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

As the others have said...I think he or she has found his home. :) And here, where I live (SC), it costs the same thing to have one fixed...no matter the age. Also, the humane society in each county/town usually has a super good deal on spaying or neutering, MUCH cheaper than at a vet's.

You will (hopefully) find that cats are quite often very smart, and rarely do they need to be house-trained, like dogs. Attacking your toes...yep...he's begun his training (of you). ;)

I agree that tigers are cool, but imho they are not meant to be "pets".

Oh, and just in case you can't tell from my big ole' sig pic, I love cats.

^this...since all you saw was a mama cat and kittens on the other side of the fence, it sounds like you most probably rescued a potential stray.

20. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Yeah they're definitely wild. The mother might have an owner somewhere, but these kittens were laid in the woods. I should mention the other side of the fence is nothing but woods and mountains. Appalachia is just like that. You can't really conform the terrain so you have to work around it. I'm gonna keep an eye on the family, but I know just from experience those other kittens probably won't make it. I could tell they've just been weened, and i doubt that one mother could sustain for three other kittens.

I really did do the one I grabbed a favor. I'm thinking about laying some food out where they play and get a good look at the others and talk my mom into taking one.