"The troops are fighting for your freedoms and without them you won't have any"

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Inquiring-Mind, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Socratez

Socratez Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yea, I hear sweeden is mind blowing liberal... Never been there.. if I had a choice, I would rather live in New Zeland, Austrailia, or possibly somewhere in Erop... Every weekend to just jump a train and hit some new countries... that would be nice... (hmmm... first stop... amsterdam)... :)

2. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

wouldent be nice to live in a place were you can be whithout being expected to be that witch your not?

3. wackyiraqi

wackyiraqi Senior Member

So you think you live in a prison ship because....
    1. You need documentation (passport) to cross another country's border
    2. You cannot use illegal drugs to get high
    3. You pay taxes that help provide public services (roads, local and national government programs, health care, public school funding, defense and national security, etc...)Again, I am unfamiliar with the complexities of the Canadian government, but I am sure there are many many government funded programs and services.

It sounds to me like you may be taking your actual freedoms for granted. I think you need to take a long hard look at your "prison ship". Most of the world could only dream of your stifled freedoms.

4. Socratez

Socratez Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

1. Yes. Although you may find it hard to believe... take a look at border security.. how people keep those confirmed in, and those unwelcome out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not religious, or anything.. but do you really think this is the way god (whoever she is) meant us to live in this world? What would be wrong with just being "free" to go where you like... you were given this life, and this land just as equally as those in other countries... who are these men in suits that believe they have the right to tell you where you can and cannot go... its the greatest sin...

2. illegal drugs... yes, your right... why are they illegal? I'm an adult.. Shouldn't I do what I want without someone choosing what I can and cannot do? It would be like me telling you your forbidden to collect stamps, or to hike through the forest...

3. I don't want my taxes going to the military, and defence... War mongers can use their own money, and send their own children to war... why should I be forced to support it.

I don't take my freedom for granted.. I appreciate the little I have, but am not naive enough to believe anyone is really free.. we are all prisoners...

some say the only thing that may bring us all freedom one day is perhaps a nuclear war...

5. wackyiraqi

wackyiraqi Senior Member

It's not only leaving your country that requires documentation, it is entering other countries. Every country wants to track who is entering/leaving their country. It is a matter of security and is in the best interest of the people. I would all but guarantee that you would not want free borders throughout the world.

Most are illegal because they cause social problems. I agree that what you do in the privacy in your home should be your business, as long as you are not affecting anybody else. Look at the history of drug use in the United States. Not too long ago you could purchase cocaine and morphine through the mail. It was the people that were demanding enforcement. Ask yourself this...What positive things could come from drug use? Sure it is enjoyable, relaxing, what have you, for the user...But is this the only way that society can deal with pain, stress, recreation??? Would the world be better as a whole if people could purchase and use drugs such as pcp, lsd, crystal meth, ecstacy, heroin, etc... whenever and wherever they please????

That is why you vote. It is completely impossible and impractical for each individual to decide how their tax money is to be spent.

I understand where you are coming from in your thinking, but the problem is not in these governments. The problem lies in us. Humans are not perfect and the world is not perfect. People and the world need to be governed. That is the simple truth.

6. I respect your attitude. :)

7. MarijuanaPhysicist

MarijuanaPhysicist Member

no its not george bush killing iraqis, but hes giving the orders. and whats a soldier suppose to do? OBBEY orders. infact they get serious criminal charges when they dont follow orders.