"The troops are fighting for your freedoms and without them you won't have any"

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Inquiring-Mind, Dec 19, 2005.

1. onecoolmom

onecoolmom Member

onecoolmom, i say that we should leave your troops over there. and fight for your
    country... that is why they are there in the first place....

2. polymer

polymer Senior Member

what's our trade debt at?
    (how much do we owe other countries?)

3. Justwow

Justwow Banned

The title of this thread is the absolute truth.

4. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

absolute bullshit.

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I didn't read many of the posts here,but if anyone wants to know what those in power have made the purpose of this country around the world,read "Confessions of an economic hitman" by Perkins.Then come back and defend "our" actions.Everyone needs to know what they do in our names.

6. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

If you knew how many of my freedoms, constitutional rights and civil liberties that I and people that I've known have had unjustly taken away by this government, you'd be outraged. People I've known from all over the world swear that they had a lot more freedoms where they came from than they do do here. Protecting our freedoms? What an infantile bunch of trash.

7. polymer

polymer Senior Member

troops are pawns in the global chess game. They protect King George's riches.

entertaining the idea that they actually defend our civil liberties transcends the greatest extent of mental retardation. I've heard news reporters spout such utter nonsense, and felt like pissing on them.

8. polymer

polymer Senior Member

9. wackyiraqi

wackyiraqi Senior Member

I remember hearing of a teacher in the US, I believe it was on the east coast, that had a picture of George W Bush in her classroom and parents complained, she was reprimanded, and the school made her take it down. Since when is it a crime in the US to display a picture of the president. That is pathetic.

10. wackyiraqi

wackyiraqi Senior Member

How does that dispute what whatever her name is, is saying?

Russia got rid of all their nuclear weapons, please tell me you are joking.

You do realize that coalition countries are still conducting operations in Afghanistan and that there are major reconstruction and humanitarian aid operations being conducted there. Afghanistan has been a major success on many fronts and unless you have been there, I do not want to even hear a comment from you.

So are you saying that the US should pull out of Iraq and launch military operations against other countries?? What justifies one aggression over the other?

Iraq did have links to terrorist organizations.

11. Have you been there? If you haven't then the above simply outlines how much of an arrogant fuck you are.

You just undid your own argument with that one. Think about it.

Actually, I've heard this one often but i'm yet to see any substantial proof except from unpopular bias right wing news outlets.

12. wackyiraqi

wackyiraqi Senior Member

And if I tell you, I am assuming you will either flat out call me a liar or ask for proof, in either case I feel no need to justify myself to you. I guess I am an arrogant fuck after all.

It wasn't my argument. I just wanted to clarify your argument. I know where I stand on the issue.

Before I waste one more second of my time, what source or news outlet would you consider reliable??

13. evsride

evsride are you irie?

Thats the first statement Ive read in this thread so far with any truth resounding from it. FEMA and other gov. agencies are ready for that plan to be put into place. Guess whos gonna get the contracts to build these detention camps......none other than Kellog Brown Root a partly Bush crime family owned company, or Halliburton.

14. evsride

evsride are you irie?

Well put! HAHAHA
    A large majority of soldiers coming back from the middle east that Ive talked to are very disillusioned now and feel used. We need to act before its too late and end this criminal war if not just for their honor....lets really support the troops.

15. Socratez

Socratez Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Not really... There are some 3rd world countries out there... but..

There are tons of places a hell of a lot better to live than the USA and Canada.. Countries that have more freedom, that have a better quality of life for its citizins.. that have "real" culture not hambergers.. Coutries where people live in peice... less crime... fewer gangs... etc.

Many countries like this exist all over Europe, Auztrailia, the Islands... We've just been brainwashed that this crappy western way of life is the best.. it really isn't..

My country is a prison ship.. so is yours. Don't belive me, just wakeup tomorow and try to leave without documents, etc... you'll never make it onto the plane... Freedom is just a word used to control people. People who are really free don't need to use that word.

16. wackyiraqi

wackyiraqi Senior Member

Being unfamiliar with the inner workings of Canada, I am curious as to what in your country is comparable to a prison and what freedoms of your are being repressed???

17. polymer

polymer Senior Member

I've often wondered what it would be like to live in Sweden; I'd feel a bit awkward, because I'm latino, but they are so progressive. Their tax burden reflects their quality of life, and life expectancy (partly because of advanced medical technology).

18. Why would you assume such a thing?

I never stated what your argument was so I don't know what you mean there. To clarify my argument, the simple truth is that the Iraq war was justified almost entirely by vested interest but sold to people like you as a war fought for "our freedoms"

Actually, I find the best thing to do is go by a variety of independent, government funded and commercial sources in Australia...in order to avoid personal bias. What you'll find over here is an almost unanimous "The Iraq war was unjustified"...it seems to be the case everywhere else too, except...you can guess the rest.

Anyway, what drove you to take a variety of very simple phrases from my complex arguments of about three months ago and attempt to make them look stupid? Boredom perhaps?

19. wackyiraqi

wackyiraqi Senior Member

I have stated before that politics is not my business. War is the result of failed politics. The Iraq War is a very fine line as to what was the correct way to deal with the problem. With what I know, I do not want to get into arguments for the sake of arguments. The war is started so it is over.

About quoting your posts, my occupation doesn not always allow me easy access to internet access and I just happened to read this entire post. I honestly repsect your opinion. I repsect anybody who has the motivation to educate themselves and actually care about what is going on in the world. When it comes right down to it, everything on this forum is just a silly cyber debate. Never take anything personally.

20. Socratez

Socratez Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

There is nothing to become familiar with... I've been all over the usa, and believe me.. There really isn't that much of a difference... one ugly city after another... Wallmarts and Burger Kings... Perhaps it’s a bit more liberal here... less crime, but all in all the same...

If you want to know what is being repressed... I can tell you, but, its up to you to see it or not...

If you think your free... try to leave today... just walk away, cross a border.. Your movement is restricted... try to smoke a joint in public? Being from the US, you can also try to go for vacation to Cuba... (I've been to Cuba many times... its a beautiful island... I guess that’s "one" thing I'm allowed to do that you guys are not.. but notice the word "allowed". Do you think this is the way the world was meant to work? Do free people have restrictions in the sense that I need to be "allowed" to simply visit some place? They steal your tax money... try and tell them you want to keep it... or hide your own money from them... Your life is controlled, and your world is dictated to you (not by a government)... the government is just a puppet group they’re trying to look good in a suit... Bush is not your commander in chief... he is a puppet with strings being held by the rich corporations... by people who want your country run the way that benefits them the most... Our goverment is the same.. remember the sponsorship scandal... it has always been about money...

I'm not saying other countries are free... as I have yet to see a free country in my life... I guess that as long as you have countries, you can never be free... you just have different levels of freedom in different countries... Yours and mine however are far from the freest.