The superjet crash in moscow

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, May 5, 2019.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why isnt there a mad rush to get out of the plane? Like dozens scrambling out at a time. Plane is on fire people.

And some stopped to get their carry on apparently.

I'd be like climbing over all the oldies, get the fook out of here

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'd find it hard not to grab my bag. It's always at my feet anyway. I know you really aren't meant to.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The aircraft was set to leave Sheremetyevo for the northern city of Murmansk, which is located inside the Arctic Circle and near the border with Finland.
    However, an on-board emergency forced the pilots to turn the plane around shortly after taking off.

Shortly after the incident, Aeroflot released a statement saying that the jet was forced to turn back due to technical problems. The airline did not specify exactly what problems the plane was experiencing.

4. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Some airliners have a higher takeoff weight than landing weight. If the pilot did not have time to dump fuel, the airplane could have been too heavy to land. From the amount of fire is appears the fuel cells were ruptured, possibly from the landing gear when the airplane touched down. I was surprised at the number of passengers who took the time to retrieve their carryon bags. How many lives did that cost? When an airplane is on fire, get the hell out!

GLENGLEN and Orison like this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

most certainly the case, also see the belly flop effect on the plane. to much weight and that is a huge fireball.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If it was near the destination (in the arctic circle) I would understand. It can be quite chilly there in early may.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Petter Hornfeldt / Mentor Pilot gives a break down