The Strokes, Jet, and all those...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ginge, May 16, 2004.

?

"60s/70s Rock Revival" Bands

1. Yay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nay

37 vote(s)
    60.7%
  3. No Opinion

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
  1. Voodoo child

Voodoo child Member

well im not really into Garage rock ( ie, Von Bondies,Jet, strokes etc etc). I do however love the strokes, probably the only Garage rock band i like. I hate the von bondies!!! Jason Stollsteimer is an arse and i really have no respect for him ( or jack white for that matter - strange individual!) at all. Jet i dont like coz they just go right through me for some reason and annoy the hell out of me.

peace and love
    xxxxx

2. Hippy_Smurf

Hippy_Smurf Member

My opinion of The Strokes just got a hell of a lot higher - I saw them last night at V Festival and wow - blew my socks off!

3. instantkarma!

instantkarma! Member

i like and respect bands like the strokes and the white stripes, my only complaint is that their records sound too much alike. the strokes second, in my opinion, wasn't a leap from their first. that's my only complaint, i still enjoy their music and shows.

the hottest "revival band" (i think that name does them no justice :( ) is The Westminster Abbey, this band is not only original but is extremely talented and has amazing songs. check 'em out if you're looking for a band that'll but a smile on your face and a song in your head.

www.thewestminsterabbey.com
    www.purevolume.com/thewestminsterabbey

4. UnspokenThings

UnspokenThings Member

is westminster abbey your band? youve plugged it a fair bit.

ive got a band too. well, actually i quit yesterday...

5. instantkarma!

instantkarma! Member

only in dreams, i couldn't carry a tune for the life of me. you know that sense of excitement you get when you discover a band that is really amazing and you want to tell the world, that's how i feel. read about them on a forum and thought i'd keep the karma-a-flowing and spread the word too...