The Straight Dope Forum

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by phunkymonkey, Jul 18, 2004.

1. phunkymonkey

phunkymonkey Member

Is anyone a member of The Straight Dope forum?
    I was checking the statistics on my website & I saw that I had a large number of people coming in from that site... I'd never heard of it so I went to check it out....

You have to pay for membership but can become a guest for 30 days for free, so I did that, but it won't let me search the forums? I asked & they said to be able to search the forums or to view the New Posts page I have to be a paying member. So, I can see any of the messages I want to & can post comments, but I can't search for a specific topic without paying $15 a year? I just don't understand!!

But, if anyone out there is a member... would you like to do a search for me? :) I am just trying to figure out why people are coming to my website from there, so even if you told me what section it was under I could go look for that. Please?

2. Children of Bodom

Children of Bodom Senior Member

why dont you just ask the people in your forum why they found out about you??

3. phunkymonkey

phunkymonkey Member

Yes... that would probably have been smarter! ;)
    I guess I just got aggrevated with the fact that I couldn't do anything
    & so I came back to the place I trust!
    ... but now I'll go venture back in :p

4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I used to be on the site years ago... I had to get my account straightened out,they thought I was spamming but I wasnt (I posted some games)

I became friends with the admin and she reversed the block... Sadly they thought they were having problems and went to crappy/shitty software that doesnt work well on IE6 at all!!!

Even if it did,its ugly and I would have left anyway... Thier problem wasnt that software but sadly they didnt realise that....

They were on VBB and it was goregous

Straight Dope Message Board - Powered by vBulletin

Now they are on trash........

I thank the admin though for seeing good in me and resetting my account (Something she said they dont do much)