The stones...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Orsino2, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Damn.. how does mick jaggar sing like he does... I just recorded my cover of satisfaction... I never recorded with my telecaster before, but I tried it and all... I love the sound of it, but I have to tip my hat to mick because I damn near shot my voice for most of the day trying to put the same soul as he does... the man has a natural talent. :) Gotta love the Rolling Stones...

2. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

stones are superb man . feel their energy . peace

3. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I definately love 'em! One of their songs is titled with my name!

4. paulfreespirit

you should be proud/ peace

5. SimpleMan

SimpleMan Member

stones rock...I think they should get more props than the Beatles. My favorite song by them is Honky Tonk Woman and Play with Fire.

6. SimpleMan

SimpleMan Member

stones rock...I think they should get more props than the Beatles. My favorite songs by them is Honky Tonk Woman and Play with Fire.

7. paulfreespirit

feeling negativity simple man .what der fuck r props man .dis is a stones thread (cool) beatles(cool) an all.their is no competition .

8. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

The Beatles had nearly 10 years of nothing-but-great releases. The Stones can hardly say the same..

George, your cover fucking rocks. :D [​IMG]

9. samson

samson Hepcat

I like the stones alot, some of my faves involve these British cats playing country music like good ole boys! Dead Flowers, Dear Doctor, Country Honk, etc

But then Mick is also versatile, gets some great RnB sounds, can hit and hold notes, falsetto, hes got a full bag of tricks indeed!

I cant compare the Stones and Beatles, aside from both being from the same country and in the same general line of work.

10. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

Oh yeh gotta love the Stones. I recently got At Their Satanic Majesties Request and I was quite impressed. I'm used to the more mainstream stuff so I wasn't sure if they could make a psychedelic album work. But bravo, my hat goes of to them *puts on nearest hat and takes it straight off* Hopefully they'll be opening the new Wembley Stadium if it gets built soon. Its seemingly the trend in England to delay the building of such things whilst going waaaaaay over budget so I don't know if it'll happen.

11. JanaXGIRL

JanaXGIRL Senior Member

heheh, you know, I love the Stones... so I won't say anything about them :D
    just... george, you rock, if you made a cover of some song with Mick's lead vocals :) but remember, Mick is simly unique, and nobody can ever be like him... :)

12. jimmis_gypsy_eyes

jimmis_gypsy_eyes Member

yeah rollin stones kick ass! grew up with their music, mums a freaky fan! does ne1 like kazabian?