The Start of my Journey....

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by blenderhead, Aug 17, 2005.

1. blenderhead

blenderhead Member

Hey,
    I decided 3 weeks ago that I'm going natural. No brushing, No conditioner, No Waxing- Nothing...Just washing my hair with a bar of Knotty Boy Shampoo.

So its nearly 4 weeks since I last used conditoner or brushed my hair (since I took out that god damn wax!!). It looks really greasy n shit lol, ah well...any pointers from anyone thats either taken or taking this journey would be helpful lol, cheers....

peace.

2. Zampino

Zampino Member

thats great to hear man, great to hear that more people are going completely natural. you must have a lot of patience but itll be worth it. umm i would say, just wash your hair when you have to, as to not untangle any knots you have forming. other than that man, i send you and your hair much love.

3. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Try using some natural products to clear the grease however over in time it will sort itself out.

Basically your hair is used to shampoos stripping all your natural grease away so it makes twice the amount it usually would and now your not using it any more you'r left with twice the amount of grease you should have. Your body will realise after a while and your folecules with calm down a bit :)
    If you want to use something to help dry it out, maybe a bit of salt water.

4. Bass

Bass Member

yeah my hair was greasy and then i went to the beach. i havent washed it since saturday, and it doesnt look greasy at all

5. MaryJeanne

MaryJeanne Member

i wasnt a fan of the knotty boy shampoo. i like to stick to the dr bronners :)