the sponge?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by lipstickiller, Apr 22, 2007.

1. lipstickiller

lipstickiller Member

Have any girls ever tried using the Today sponge? What I've read about it sounds fantastic (can put it in hours before sex, don't have to change it no matter how many times you have sex, neither can feel it, etc.), but I also hear that the pregnancy prevention rating is something like 90%...or rather, 9 out of 100 women will get pregnant with perfect usage. That frightens me more than a little. But I think it'd be great to not have the guy have to deal with condom after condom, or to have to get on birth control...

Anyone?

2. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

hmmm, it doenst sound like a good method of birth control to use unless your in a position where you dont want children, but wouldnt shy away from the responsibilities if something were to happen. if he cant stand condoms, and your body cant handle the pill, that in combination with the pull out method seems better than the pull out method alone, but not a equivelant replacement for the pill or condoms.

3. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

From what I've heard/read, the sponge is mostly used just as a complementary method with some other form of contraception, like condoms or the pill, if you want to be extra safe.

4. PunkHippieRimbaud

PunkHippieRimbaud Member

maybe also use spermicide?

5. hippiechick85

hippiechick85 Member

that and pulling out i think would be pretty safe