The Sopranos

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by Sequelserver, Jul 2, 2009.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Sil would make a terrible boss. At one point he has to step in as acting boss while Tony is laid up and he ends up being hospitalized from the pressure. As Sil said himself, "Some people make better number two's. " The context of the line is poignant, considering he's looking in the mirror when he says it.

Eric! likes this.
  2. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

I don't see how Sil would make a terrible boss. Just because he doesn't think he would want to be boss. He was hoping that it wouldn't come to that when that happened. Sil isn't biased and he gets shit done. I think he would make good, responsible decisions for the family. And he wasn't in the hospital because of the pressure, he was in the hospital because he had asthma. It also showed him using his inhaler a lot even before Tony got shot.....

Who do you think would make a better boss after Tony? Paulie? See, with Paulie's personality and even just judging the things he did with Chris, the whole money thing, how he continuously picked on Chris through his sobriety, was all kind of fucked up and TONY wasn't even breaking his balls nearly as much as Pauly. Pauly is too biased and too much of an asshole and he re acts out of impulse and doesn't think shit through AT ALL.

Anyway, finished the show and I definatly think it could have ended worse, but could have had a way better ending. My first re action to the ending was what the fuck this can't be it. We downloaded the Sopranos and we thought they cut out the last 10 seconds to be funny... but then we went on youtube and found ending clips and stuff and realized that was the actual ending But then I thought about it and realized it was all of Tony's point of view and didn't think it was so bad.

Eric! likes this.
  3. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I agree. Sil is fair.

And I thought the same thing when it ended. I was like "Nooooo!!!"
    Most people think that Tony probably got shot right there and that's why everything went black. Like you said, it was in his point of view.

4. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

Yea, but which is weird is they always show people getting murdered and stuff but they decided not to show Tony's head blown off....? Theres just so many endings that could have been way better! Also, a lot of people say that they just had to finish it and so they made a shitty ending but I don't think that was the case. I think it was a planned ending. Why else would they show Bobby and Tony talking on the boat how "it all just goes black" within like the last 10 or so minutes of the show.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

tonys mother is hilarious

and the doctor has the most annoying condescending voice manner that ive ever heard...i wish they had a different psychiatrist...she sounds like melanie griffith

Irminsul likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like Christopher and Pauley. :p
    And I don't like the chef or his wife.

Eric! likes this.
  7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Pauly is awesome..id be friends with him for sure

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like his hair with the side wings and Christopher makes fun of them one episode lol. "maybe I should grow my hair like Pauley with the fucken wings hahaha"

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

halfway thru season 2 and i have to fast forward thru the psych office scenes...cant stand that bitch......i hope they cut they shit out in later episodes..or clip her

cant stand when tony goes for appointments and now we have to watch her go to her shrink too?...fuck that shit

Eric! likes this.
  10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

great ending

i liked chris better than paulie towards the end...paulie turned into a real asshole

Eric! likes this.
  11. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I was disappointed to see Adriana get whacked though

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

yeah she was a doll :)

Eric! likes this.
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Great show but I haven’t revisited it since the series ended 10 years ago

James Gandolfini will be missed (1961-2013)

Hotwater

Eric! likes this.
  14. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I'm actually binge-watching this again right now on HBO On Demand. In my opinion it's worth having HBO just for this.

Eric! and hotwater like this.
  15. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

The Sopranos redefined modern drama. I have re-watched the entire thing over 10 times.The dark humor was so irresistible, Ralph's crank call to Paulie's mother comes to mind. It changed tv drama and put HBO series on the map. Without it you wouldn't have breaking bad,the wire,mad men or virtually any of the best dramas on cable and netflix.

16. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I loved this show so much. And I guess it's an unpopular opinion but I like the way it ended. It made sense.

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I tried to watch a few episodes.

I'm sorry, I was just bored to tears.