The Solution is Clear...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by joe, May 22, 2004.

1. joe

joe Banned

Clear eyes that is

looking over this site i have seen numerous posts about how "WEED CAN SAVE THE WORLD..............MAN!"

What is this theory realistically?
    how is making people fucked up going to help the world?

2. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

It works beter than damning hippies.

3. joe

joe Banned

im going to have to disagree with ya there buddy

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I think marijuana is a very beneficial drug if it's used in the right way.

Of course it's been given a bad rap by the stereotypical teenaged potheads, but I feel that it is a very enlightening plant if it is not abused. For one, it evokes a contemplative state of mind where one is free to question their own state of being (physical and mental), as well as that of the world, and even the entire universe for that matter.

I think pot is a great drug for self-discovery. But again, it's a question of how you use it. Most people who smoke pot are doing it only for the euphoric effects and not for deeper, more spiritual and intellectual reasons.

5. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Your life is probably like burning in hell. That's why you can't figure out why hippies like weed. You shouldn't be so confused. Hippies love what they love.

6. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

and hippies love you.

7. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Weed won't fuck someone up if they don't let it. It's all about the individual and if they choose to buy into the stereotypical "pothead" persona of being a loser, airhead, lazy-ass failure. Many like to use marijuana as an excuse to act spaced-out or braindead. Let's call these people "Fish". Others though, choose to use it to enhance their perception of the world and to allow themselves to open their minds to other possibilities. Let's call these people "Rays". Pot can't save the world because there is no guarantee how each individual will choose to use their highs. Hmm, but if one day, everyone became a chronic pot smoker and 1/2 chose to be Fish while the other half chose to be Rays, then perhaps the latter half would work for something greater, (world peace perhaps) without the Fish getting in the way because they're "so spaced out, man".

8. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

that was such a better reply than mine.

9. joe

joe Banned

Does the goverment really give a damn about what we discover about our own state of being?

The flaw is as you said in how people use it, i see marijuana used so much around my school its not funny, they arent laid-back they get violent and start shouting incoherent obscenities at teachers and innocent bystanders. many of the car crashes around my area is caused by drivers under the influence of Weed and they sit back watching someone they hit bleed to death while thinking about the universe right?

10. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

I guess I've always thought it more important to realize our government murders and starves the globe than to wonder why people like marijuana.... The solution is clear, but your mind is not and it's not even intoxicated.

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Absolutely!

The reason drugs like LSD and marijuana are illegal isn't because the government actually cares about our well-being, it's because of the changes in perception, thought and overall consciousness which these drugs often induce. Drugs of a psychedelic nature often induce a deeper, more radical train of thought. This tends to make people question their reality. When people question their reality they often think of what controls or molds their reality, so to speak... And so on. The government would rather have a country of complacent sheep than people who actually question what goes on around them. It works to their behalf for many obvious reasons.

I think it depends a lot on the person to begin with and their overall mentality. Of course marijuana doesn't always affect people positively. That's because either they aren't open to the drug's positive effects to begin with, or they use the drug in the wrong way and in the wrong setting (school is the wrong place for any drug).

Don't get me wrong, not everyone is open to the positive effects of such mind-opening drugs.

12. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

One trend is fucked up people drawn to the cannabis counter-culture use it as an excuse to act more fucked up.