the sixties: if you remember it you weren't really there.

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by sheslikearainbow, Feb 5, 2011.

1. sheslikearainbow

sheslikearainbow Guest

I'm really quite young, but the freedom of the sixties never fails to fascinate me. what is one memory, from that time, that you could never forget as long as you live? you know, a memory that, whenever you think about it, just makes you smile. perhaps it was at woodstock:guitarist:. I see, hear, read stories all the time, and I can't help but long to have been able to experience the same thing; because, compared to then, 2011 kind of sucks:computer:.

:sunny:

2. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

For me there is a haze, a blur of confusion that is spasmodic in its visual recollection.
    A generalisation I guess would be that being it was a period of time when Black and White developed to become a Spectrum illusion, though if Peace + Love was the Sunshine - Protest and Protect was the rain.
    The freedom and openness of youth with high hope and ambitions to make a change for the better, both for the self and those around in us – Acronyms like Help In Producing Peaceful Individual Existence seemed to be the way forward.
    I remember the images of Woodstock, Armstrong walking on the Moon, and of course The BeaTles! The dreams of a better tomorrow and hope that “A change is gonna come”
    Then there is the view of ; be it the Planet or its people, “When injustice becomes Law – rebellion becomes duty”!
    The visions of the JFK assassination, Armstrong walking on the Moon, the suicide of the Buddhist monk along with the naked girl burning from the scene of a Napalm attack and execution of a prisoner by a North Vietnamese officer (bullet in the head) The scenes on US Campus and Conventions - freedom was tested in a reality of horror.
    Life was not an ever good, but the spirit of freedom along with conviction of conscience a steadfast companion – 2011 may not be the best of years, but we all have a responsibility and indeed a stake for a better future
    :peace: