The Seven Reasons I am Pro-choice

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by issablue, Jan 26, 2005.

1. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

My parents have never given me "the talk" and my school taught abstinence only. Basically if I hadn't taken the innitiative to look up things about STDs, birth control, etc. then I would have no idea. Schools need to start sex ed in elementary school, honestly. Kids more and more are having sex or doing sexual things at younger ages and they need to have what to do ingrained in their brains before they go off and do anything. Abstinence only works if you already had decided that you were waiting til marriage, but I know I for one have known for a long time that waiting for love is a completely different matter.

2. sooty_the_kat

sooty_the_kat Senior Member

I am pro choice as well. Abortions should be allowed up until the end of the first trimester. Before the 2nd trimester the embyro is hardly a human, more like a blastocyst. and for people who say, oh but that is a humaaaan, well it is the potential of a human but so is sperm and men everywhere chose to ejaculate their sperm and discard it which is not considered as killing a human, you have to draw the line somewhere

3. sooty_the_kat

sooty_the_kat Senior Member

that is really sad that your schools there dont teach anything but abstinence. how ridiculous. spreading the ignorance. the schools here teach sex ed, birth control, std's and everything else in full. they dont even mention abstinence.