"The Secret" to happiness

Discussion in 'Self-Help Books' started by CrabbyPaws, Dec 17, 2011.

1. CrabbyPaws

CrabbyPaws Member

If you really want a good self-help book, I can't really give you one.
    But I can give you a book on perspective, which is just as good if not better. The way we think determines the choices we make, the way our lives are shaped, our fears and limitations. A feeling of fear can become a feeling of excitement just by changing your attitude. This book highlights the power of our thoughts and that ultimately we are in control of them. This is no step to step guide, this book isn't about you following orders, it is about you understanding, opening your mind, and creating your own path.

The book is called "The Secret".

If any of you have read this, please leave your comments, I'd love to know what you thought about it. :D

2. Antigeist

Antigeist Member

All you gotta do is look in the mirror and tell yourself your awesome about 100 times a day works for me haha

3. Justine Blake

Justine Blake Guest

I read this amazing book and it inspired me to create my website Start Being Happy Today .
    Thanks to this book I helped myself and now I would like to find the way to help others. It's a new site but I hope it will grow to show people how to enjoy their lives and what they have.. Any feedback would be much appreciated! :)

4. Cavlin

Cavlin Banned

i watched the movie the "The Secret", but i never read the book.

5. Stanjr722

Stanjr722 Member

For me the best book I read on changing perspectives is called the Noticer.

6. icetop17

icetop17 Members

Books by Ronald Rolheiser such as "the shattered Lantern" though they are spiritual, lots of psychology and how to combat our human behavior.