the salvia experience

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by gib_0101, Feb 14, 2008.

1. ishikabe

ishikabe Member

2. ishikabe

ishikabe Member

I like to look at these retro green shower curtains I have and few posters such as Fear and Loathing when this happens/when I force it to happen when I'm feeling real good.

3. weedidas

weedidas Member

I havn't gone past a level 3 experience because I am carefull with this and don't want to just jump in (especially with out a sitter). I was out sitting on my deck last night and was taking a couple hits of about 0.02 grams of 20x every few minutes. Then I started to get some mild visuals for the first time.

Dark objects start to look like they where covered in tiny glowing balls with a line under each of them. They almost looked like tiny faces or masks withought eyes and they were in a pattern, not just randomly placed everywere. It was more like they were just overlaying my vision and not like the objects were actually made of them. I was able to recreate it pretty accurately in photoshop. Here's what it looked like:

[​IMG]

4. PlacidPete

PlacidPete Member

just hock back a massive bowl and enjoy the ride.

5. panhorns

panhorns Guest

The first time I smoked salvia I was about 17. I had been growing two plant in my room and i would occasionally collect the leaves that had naturally fallen off the plant.
    I sat in my car outside my house with a friend. We made a pipe out of tinfoil (i know it's stupid...i was young) and packed it full of dried leaves. I took a few hits and I felt myself role forward in the seat of my car.
    - It was as if my body was trying to move into the fetal position but couldn't because of the seat.
    - I hunched forward and felt the crests of waves inside me (like being in a washing machine).
    - I began to laugh uncontrollably but it was one of those silent laughs.
    - I saw what looked like fireworks or blooming fractals.
    - I felt like I was a child, like i was in a childhood memory.
    - There was no sense of authority figures or any sense of fear or anxiety.
    - When I snapped out of it I realized I had been drooling.

It was a very pleasant trip but for some reason I wasn't that excited to try it again. I gave my plants away. That was it.

For some reason I had the urge last night to try it again. I went out to my headshop and bought a gram of the 10x Purple Sticky Salvia (dumbest name ever in my opinion). It had been almost 5 years since I had tried it, so I treaded lightly.

- I treated the stuff with respect and spent a lot of time trying to sense if the plant spirit thought I was worthy.
    - I put a small pinch in my bong and sat up in bed with a bunch of pillows behind me.
    - I took the hit and put the bong on the table.
    - I started to hear a bunch of voices but it seemed like they were actually my thoughts being repeated in different voices.
    - I felt a female presence and she ordered me to lay down.
    - I fell backward and pushed the pillows out of the way.
    - I felt the urge to stay as flat as possible. I was paralyzed.

I waited an hour or so and tried it again. This time I packed a full bowl into my small metal pipe and went outside into my garden with my dog. It was night and there was a thunderstorm in the distance. I sat on the ground next to some tall flowers and while looking at the flashes in the distance took the hit. I didn't manage to finish the bowl.
    - After I exhaled, i felt my hands sinking into the grass. Slipping backwards.
    - Then it was almost like someone came up behind me and knocked me in the head.
    - I was on the ground. There was a lot of repetition of sounds.
    - I started thinking I was in trouble. I felt like i was being watched by my neighbors who had taken on maternal qualities.
    - I thought that my mom had come home and found me so I started to tried to snap out of it.
    - I kept trying to get up, telling myself that this was the trip but each time I would make progress It felt like someone hit me back to the ground and told me "This is happening". I was literally fighting against the forces trying to confuse me.
    - The thunder must have started which scared my dog and made him come close to me. He looked like a statue and I tried grabbing on to him but it didn't work.
    - It was a struggle but I snapped out of it and the spirits that had been fighting me for my consciousness seemed really disappointed.

Just as I was about to go back in the house my mom pulled up the driveway. I played it cool and said I was watching the lightning. She had no idea. But it was almost as if the salvia hinted to me that my mom was on her way home. Hinted at it and then teased me with it, letting me get up just in time.

I'm sorry this is so long but I had to get it all out. In light of the differences in my first trip and the other 2 trips, I have to say that concentrated forms of salvia are not really appreciated by the s. divinorum plant spirit. The fact that I bought the stuff in a headshop and it came in a purple plastic container with "purple sticky salvia" written on it seemed like a real insult. I felt like i was being punished for not appreciating it in it's natural form. From now on, no more concentrations. If I want to smoke it I will grow it myself (that's the way she likes it).

Panhorns

6. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

I don't think Lady Salvia really "punishes" people for disrespect. I think she merely shows us what she's all about. But there's only so much of her we can take, so she ends up scaring us sometimes. I don't think she means for this, it's just that - well - we asked for it. ;)

7. ImaMuffin

ImaMuffin Member

I smoked Salvia my first time this last week. I went to the park with a couple of friends. it was already dark. We hunkered down in the sand under the play structure, talked a while, then I loaded my bowl with 5x while one of my friends loaded her bowl out of the same baggie... now here I am expecting to have some kind of short, but shamanistic little journey. Silly me, thinking I can predict how a trip will go. I smoked my bowl and half of hers, and noticed the landscape rippling. "Oh my!" I (think) I said; I felt as if my body were made of lead and that my mind was trying to get out of my body. But my body was too sticky, like really strong velcro, and prickly too. I felt like the light from the lamp was pressing me down. and since half my head was in shadow, that was the part my mind was trying to squeeze out of. I was giggling like mad. my friend M (female) and my friend J (male) were asking me questions like "how do you feel?" "are you having fun?" and "what's so funny?". I found this intolerably annoying, especially since I wanted to concentrate on ripping myself out of the lead body and becoming free-er and lighter so I could move around more easily. i told them to shut up. As I begun to come down, i looked at my friend J, and noticed that the light through the playstructure made him look like a strawberry. it was then that I realized i had to pee. luckily there's a public restroom in that park. I got up (still coming down but not entirely done tripping). this proved very difficult. I still felt as though my body was made of lead, and not only that but it was a lead marionette. My mind or soul or whatever you want to call it was not entirely in my body, which made it even harder to control my lead-marrionette body. it was like my soul was in syncopation with my body. holding the same shape, but not quite in the same position. as i walked towards the bathroom, I felt my body and my soul syncing up. by the time I got inside the bathroom, I was done tripping.

I tripped twice that night... a report of the second is on it's way

8. mushee_me

mushee_me Guest

Well, I don't have any experiences about this... but I can at least share what happened with one of my dad's friends has taken salvia divinorum , which you can find an item at the link that i posted. anyway, that guy takes it three times a week and felt dizzy, getting high for a few hours. he also see things that are very vague like bright stars and big colored houses. sometimes that friend of my dad's see cartoon characters which is kinda funny. i dont know if you guys have experienced this kind of stuff... but i just wanted to share. hehe

9. MatchboxAwakening

MatchboxAwakening Member

heres my trip

thats so true. my time with salvia was intense. as soon as i took a hit i sat down and chilled. i lost track of time and it was like being ripped from reality, and reality morphed into a kaleidoscope of different realities each flashing white yellow black and the reality. and it started to rotate and i was floating in that cyclone, and i freaked out because i lost my reality. but i gave in and was pulled in, and i heard and old British couple talking about my reality, arguing weather to destroy my reality, but i told the m it was still good and could be fixed. but at the same time i saw a green field and i was following a white rabbit. and i was pulled away to the ground and then all the realties turned and crashed down on me so fast and it felt like everything in the room was pulled onto me like a magnet. and this woman was yelling at me about something, telling me something wasnt good enough, but luckily my reality crashed onto me and i was home. and it was like when your under water and break surface, but with my mind. it was so thick, but i swam to my body, and it was hard to talk, and it was so crazy

10. ChemicallyAltered

ChemicallyAltered Member

the last time i did salvia, me, my brother and a friend all had a the same trip. the feeling was like my body had become a mass of revolving blocks, like my body was constantly rearranging itself, if that makes sense. ive heard people refer to it as "lego blocks". anybody else have a trip similar to this?

11. InterestedObserver

InterestedObserver Member

12. Stephæ

Stephæ Member

I guess I'll tell y'all about my first experience. It was a thursday night earlier this summer in a campground. Me and my uncle Fuzzy. He just got done with 4 shots of absinthe. Me, 3 big shots. This was also my first alcohol experience. We were very drunk laughing about life. Pushing each other around trying to make each other fall over. We went in the tent because we were(mostly me) joking around about doing salvia. He was like "noooo noooo... hehehehe maybeee maybeee" And I got it out and gave it to him(the vile). He took out his bat and as he was filling it i was laughing my ass off. When he hit it he layed down on his sleeping bag and I was laughing hard still. I then took the bat and dumped a bigass load in there not realizing it was a psychotic idea. I then lit it for about 3 seconds and inhaled. I held it in for as long as I could. Then I barely remember what happened... It was the most insane thing that ever happened to me. I passed out for around 2 minutes. The only thing I remember from that was that I dissapeared and appeared in a farm with a girl there and I think we talked for a little. All the while everything being swirly, trippy, red and orange. And basicly I was swimming around a swirly reality. My uncle says I got up real fast and started screaming liblahabballahabalayaibiblibalalllalala. And he was talking to me in the same language, haha. Then I grew out of the swirly reality and very slowly I was coming back to reality... but reality was shaking violently and It was like I was on one of those things at parks that spin around fast while a bunch of kids are on it. And everything was layered with some kind of logo. And I slowly came down from that all the whole time cussing out my uncle for releasing the world of drugs upon me hahaha. All in good fun though. May I remind you I'm 15, male, 140lbs. Whoever read all this thanks... I needed to get this out haha. May I also remind you until after that trip I never even had a big trip on marijuana.

13. snap_crackle__RACHEL

snap_crackle__RACHEL Member

i've smoked salvia twice and both times were minnie mouse themed. the first time i felt like i was a factory or machine that was manufacturing these like...smurf villages but with minnie mouse instead of smurfs. i also remember when i was holding the smoke in, i was trying to count to 30 because that's how long you're supposed to hold it, but by the time i got to like 13 or 14 i was seeing the numbers dancing in front of me. i thought the number 15 was going to run into my friend, so i was like "hey watch out!" and you know those crazy trippy fractal patterns you see in trippy acid art? i saw those too. the second time, i thought i was a big red minnie mouse mailbox and my friend's painting which was sitting on an easel in front of me was a letter and my friend was going to put it in me and mail it to my other friend. my friend always thinks about mcdonalds when he's tripping on salvia, somehow he like...equates mcdonalds with how funny salvia is. here is a direct quote of him trying to explain his salvia trip "It's like we're all sitting together and everyone is laughing because it's mcdonalds, but then i'm laughing too hard and i go somewhere else completely and it's all really funny like mcdonalds. then i come back and everyone is sitting there laughing with me." i guess also the first time he tripped, he laughed so hard he pissed his pants because everyone around him turned into a big mcdonalds arch. so in my experience, salvia trips always have some kind of really weird theme. and it's also hilarious. funny stuff. my other friend says that he gets "lego-vision" which is where everything that is touching seems connected. kind of like legos. unfortunately everything does not turn into legos for him, although that would be fucking INSANE. also, one time, our other friend put a little salvia on top of a bowl of weed without telling him and he didn't really trip, but things were changing size based on sound...like cody put his hand up to his mouth and coughed and his hand got really big while he was coughing and then got small again. and he threw a lighter on the ground and when it hit and made a noise it got really big, then shrank down again. salvia is badass man. i have some 50x that i'm planning on smoking with some friends very soon good times man. i've never really had any kind of deep or religious trip, it's all just very random and weird and hilarious. maybe with this stuff i'll get there.

14. trippie

trippie Guest

lol Awesome. I love salvia always a good time. Even when your not doing it.

15. skintchicken

skintchicken Member

my first experience with salvia was intensely scary, but also intensely awesome. before trying salvia, i had already used acid, mushrooms, weed, x, crack, coke, pharms, etc etc so i was used to being high, but this was something new to me. with acid and/or mushrooms, i always knew where i was and things just looked cool or i felt different. with salvia, it was like i was in a totally new place.

my best friend and i went to another friend of mine's apartment. he had tried it already with his roommate and they had some left over. he asked me if i wanted to finish off what they had left and i said of course. he put a little weed in the bottom of the bowl to keep the finely ground salvia from getting sucked into my mouth. he was sitting at a computer desk, his roommate was standing aboput 2 feet from him, and my best friend was sitting next to me on a bed. i took my first hit and held it in as long as i could like i do with everything. i thought it tasted horrible and thought i could feel a little something. i was asked if i wanted another hit and i said, "i probably shouldn't, but yeah." after my 2nd hit, i handed the pipe to my best friend and put my head down.

when i looked back up and opened my eyes, i had no idea where i was. my friend at the comp. desk was smiling, but to me it looked like a sinister smile. i looked over at my best friend and didn't even trust him. i remember saying, "what do ya'll do to me?" (i have quite the southern accent, btw, hence "ya'll"). immediately after that i tried to run away from the situation and ran face first into a bathroom door that was closed. i then spun back around and slid down the door with my back and, as they told me later, did a crab crawl like in the exorcist into a corner. i remember looking at the wall that separated the bedroom and the bathroom. i saw 3 "shadow figures" that looked like male human silhouettes with each one pulling a cord. i looked back into the bedroom and perceived the carpet had cords under it spaced out about every foot or so and that they were contracting as if the room was being pulled into a smaller space to trap me. during the entire "trip" i thought i was in some sort of scientific experimentation building with those tube shaped lights everywhere in the ceiling.

at this time, i made it to another wall without knowing i had moved or anything and proceded to grab what i thought was one of the cords to keep the room from shriking anymore. in reality, it was my friend's high speed internet cable coming from his wall. he ran over and tried to get me to let it go b/c he was afraid i was going to break something. there is a short time lapse in my memory after that and the next thing i remember was me standing in the doorway of his bedroom feeling that the effects were wearing off. all of this happened in about 4-5 minutes at the most. i then went into his living room and rolled on his couch like a rotisserie rolls a chicken when it is being cooked and it felt really good. i felt tight in my arms and chest for a while afterwards, but was fine to drive home.

salvia obviously lasts much shorter than acid or mushrooms, but the trip it produces is way more intense, for me at least. i still like acid and mushrooms better.

i used salvia about 2-3 times after my first time. i did it in my bedroom with the lights off lying down. i smoked some and handed the pipe to my best friend so i could lie down and close my eyes. i felt a tingling sensation on the outside ridge of my right pinkie and sat up to look at my hand. i noticed when i raised my arm to get a better look at my hand that the wall of my room looked like the parking lot of a local grocery store, but only below my arm. above my arm still looked like my wall. so i waved my arm up and down to confirm the visuals. then, i saw little baby heads bobbing in a chain of grocery carts moving up the outer ridge of my right hand and arm, but it wasn't scary.

my best friend used some in his room lying down with the light soff and said that he talked to little green gnome type people. he told me while he was still tripping on it that he was cold so i put a blanket over him. when it wore off he didn't remember saying it was cold or me putting the blanket over him.

a friend of ours came over and i gave him some. he was sitting on the couch when he smoked it and he wanted to stand up, but when he did he said that his legs felt like they were chopped up so he plopped back down onto the couch. i've heard stories of people falling down pretty hard when standing on salvia so please be careful.

i hope this was helpful for someone looking into using salvia for the first time. i would just advice that you are in a comfortable place with at least one person that you trust to look after you. it was fun and i'm glad i tried it, but i won't do salvia again b/c it's just not enjoyable enough to me. mushrooms and acid are so much more fun to me. i would like to try dmt though.

16. kobilica

kobilica Member

We tried smoking normal leaves, but nothing heavy shit happened. At least not visual.
    I don't like it, it's fucking scary, I can feel time, and we did it in open space, but I felt like I was in small room, like a box. And was freaked.

17. z-piet

z-piet Guest

i smoked a small bowl of 15x for my 3d or 4th time and had the same trip i always do--reality is being stripped away by some friendly beings, and i'm holding onto the couch or desk to keep myself from vanishing along with it all. after this last time I was coming out of it, and i loaded up another bowl to go back "in" or "out", unafraid of what would happen and promising myself to not hold on, to let it all go away. but i did up this second batch and nothing happened. is there something about doing it so soon right after a first trip that negates the effects? Is my brain too saturated or something? damn, i'll have to wait till tomorrow to let go of reality...

18. woodstock193

woodstock193 Member

Well, me and my salvia are done... for a long while at least. I just got done tripping my brains out, on an insane unreal experience. It seemed as soon as I smoked the drug that everything in the world was out of whack. and that suddenly, the world had an incredible pattern of "blocks" (like lego, or building blocks) that make up the entirity of existance. The problems was that when I smoked salvia, a force started moving those blocks, and voices told that it would always be moved, and that things were moving to another dimension... (sort of like moving out or your house, only now... everything in our universe is another dimension). The real saving grace in this trip was the music, I was playing The Grateful Dead (Dark Star followed by St. Stephen, and then The Eleven) and it was the most cosmic, beautiful thing, that I had ever heard in my life! It all fit with what was happening to me, it orchestrated the universe. and as soon as I left... I was back, in my dearly beloved reality, seeing the world with new eyes... and laying off the hallucinogens for awhile lest I fuck my mind up.

Peace!

19. jerberr

jerberr Member

Last night was my first experience with Salvia and it was certainly something I won't forget. I bought some 15x extract and smoked it in a new bong I recently purchased.

I did my research about smoking Salvia. I know it's not really a party drug and I did not want to make this Salvia experience into something meaningless and empty. So last night I packed a bowl with Salvia and filled the bong with cold water. I took two big hits of the salvia and my head started to spin and I started to laugh at the top of my lungs. I fell on my sofa and I felt it taking me away and for a moment I felt I was back at my childhood home in Boston, MA. The room was spinning and the ceiling had these strange bars that were spinning. I was scared at first and actually hung on to the sofa tightly while still laughing so loud. I was still afraid of what was happening. When I closed my eyes, I saw what looked like a thin layer of smoke. Eventually my dog was startled and he came up to me and somehow he took me back to reality. Everytime I laughed I was taken away to another place on my sofa but with the dog there he allowed me to come back to reality. After that, I had this mild stoned feeling for a while. However, I felt different. Like more focused than usual and a feeling of bliss.

I later tied more salvia and I made sure I gave the dog a bone so he would be occupied. I put this soothing new age music on my Version Fios. I took two big hits and again laughed at the top of lungs and laid down on the same sofa and I felt it taking me away. I saw this pattern that looked a wheel taking me somewhere and it looked like something out of a children's book! The music really added an effect to it this time. So about 10 or 15 min after this 2nd take, I decided to smoke more salvia. I took 2 possibly 3 big hits and felt dizzy and dazed and tucked myself on my sofa. I closed my eyes and It felt as though the sofa dumped me underwater and I saw these strange looking underwater creatures who seemed like they knew me. After that, I felt myself swimming into this neverworld as I kept digging myself into my sofa. I saw all these strange creatures like mermaids and sea creatures. Eventually I saw a liight and felt myself swimming towards it. I still had a grasp on reality when I opened my eyes and could hear the music but I wanted to really get lost in this vision I had. I also had a few negative images in this vision such as a nuclear bomb, being under a train and climbing a building and falling. My body shook when I experienced this and I was somewhat scared for a moment but then got over it quickly. I opened my eyes and felt a sense of warmness and stoned feeling. I also felt one with the sofa. I smoked a cigarette and laid down again. I went outside briefly in the rain and came back. I had a strange feeling that I lost a part of myself. I was familiar with y surroundings but there was something I lost of myself. However, this loss was something that I felt that I need to get rid of. I'm not sure what level I reached but I'm sure I experienced ego loss.

20. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

I tried this for the first time last night. I'd had a few beers, been out all night drinking and smoking a little hash. So at about 6 in the morning we decided to start fucking about with salvia.

It was my first time so I started off just smoking very small amounts. I felt totally in control of the situation at first, and the small amounts I smoked were giving me a nice mellow buzz, and i felt quite nicely spaced out. So I kept smoking some more.

A little more and I started my perception of scale started to get a bit confused. It's hard to explain, I used to get this sensation at night when I was a kid, I still get it from time to time, where my own perception of how big or small things becomes warped.

So, I kept going. My mate was smoking more than me so he started to trip out a bit.

Then I decided to take a larger toke, so we loaded up the pipe and I took a lung full of smoke. Then I tripped out.

I'll do my best to explain what I experienced.

I was in control all the time, I could speak and I was aware of what was going around me. It started with a very intense tingling sensation that started in my hands and spread throughout my whole body. It felt like electricity, the same sort of feeling you get when you bang your elbow on your 'funny bone', but without the pain, and all over my whole body.

Visually, things in the room started to become 'layered'. It's hard to explain, like I was floating through or dissoling into layers, and the edges of the layers were all distorted, and they went across my field of vision diagonally.

It last for about 30 seconds, before I started talking and pulled myself out of it. I felt that I had to focus my mind on reality to make it stop. It wasn't unpleasant, or distressing, but I don't think I really liked it that much and probably wont do it again.