The Republcian party in one video

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Jul 23, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I have never seen this summed up so well. :grinning:

Right down to the saying that facts are not facts and I have my religious opinion which is just as good yet using science when it fits into this narrow argument.

That is the issue with "free speech". People think they have the right to be idiots. You do but Republicans abuse this in subjects like evolution and global warming. These are the issues I think of during this.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I was expecting the Three Stooges....

stormountainman and Okiefreak like this.
  3. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

One of my favourite episodes.

4. Of course the globe is warming

But at least I can do some more fishing right ?

5. It's Always Sunny is so funny.

6. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

And the Democrats are so pro-science that they deny basic biology. Chromosomes determine sex, sex is tied to gender.There are exceptions (intrsex) but exceptions are not the rule. And lets not forget embryology that they so often deny.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. What is this need to compress so much information into a tidy, often rhyming package? Centuries are squeezed to make "snappy" slogans about Columbus and smallpox blankets. But trying to discuss something a democrat said a week ago is derided as "living in the past". It's most amusing. Then there's the whole reading republican minds while trotting out the usual tripe about evolution and denial of "science" (which can apparently be "settled" now, scientific method and Thales be damned).

So much carping about the same old talking points, so many of them stale and overused. What happened to being "progressive"?

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You have the typical right wing understanding of science It actuly does confirm gender is a spectrum. What it does not confirm is what you are suggesting regarding 2 genders.

Also if you are such a man of science why not accept global warming and gun crimes and how less guns DO mean less gun crime? 2 topic which again science is on the side of the left wing.

snowtiggernd likes this.
  10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

It depends on the science. As I understand it, sex is a biological fact based on chromosomes and sexual reproductive traits, while gender is more of a social, cultural, psychological or ideological phenomenon based on an individual's or society's understanding of masculinity and femininity. Gender replacement theory can alter much of what biology bestowed. I must admit, I'm old fashioned and find it hard to keep up with today's proliferating genders. I suppose I've encountered a number of transsexuals, but am unobservant enough probably not to be aware of it. A few weeks ago, though, I ran into a person I knew back when, who had a beard and fathered three kids by two wives.. He walked into a meeting I was attending minus the beard and wearing makeup, a dress, pearls, and high heels. Others there complimented me afterwards for not reacting, but I certainly was surprised! Another person who was at the same meeting saw the "guy" the next day, and he was dressed like a guy.
    We also had a physician in town--big muscular guy, married--who became a woman. Except he still prefers women, so he's now a lesbian.

Gotta be flexible to keep up!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  11. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I haven't said anything about global warming. As for gun crimes look at Switzerland, the second highest number of guns per capita after the US but one of the lowest violent crime rates.

12. If that was the case, outside of anomalies, then surgical procedures to reverse physical attributes to mimic functioning systems they don't have, would not be necessary. We're living in a time when doctors have become mad scientists who deceive people into believing they need to be mutilated, to be happy. It's fucking monstrous on a Mengele scale. This shit they are doing is not "science", it's experimentation on human subjects.

What's really interesting is the way politics is being used to sell this. You'd think that alone would raise flags.

13. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Elaborate

14. I don't think the guns play a substantial role in the obviously reduced violent crime there. Switzerland has a very strong national culture that has little time for crime overall and deals with violent crime swiftly.

They are also very careful about who they let in. The bulk of the state issue guns there are to keep a general militia in place (though they don't call it that). While the guns have to be kept in working order, most of them are not operated as a "hobby" as they are in the US. And gun collections are not as common as they are in the US.

The Swiss have other reasons to be proud of their crime statistics. They are essentially organic and don't suffer the political manipulations that crime figures in the US do.

15. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I am not saying that the correlation equals causation here but it does demonstrated that they claim that more guns=more crime is not really true. Switzerland just has so many things in its favor that lead to low crime and high national independence.

16. lode

lode Banned

Well no. I'm not opposed to guns really, but they clearly make crimes exponentially deadlier.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, my god, no it doesnt

And you use exactly the same kind of tactics to propagate that myth as the "republicans" you are lamenting in this thread

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  18. Absolutely. So the punishment for using a gun in a crime needs to be substantial, possibly deadly. The idea that taking them from law-abiding citizens, is a way to reduce gun crime, has no basis.

Just as most of the drivers on our roads aren't raging maniacs looking for someone to run over, most of the gun owners in the US are not looking for someone to kill either. We need to focus on the maniacs, not the tools they choose.

19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So how would you focus on the maniacs and what would you do if you located them?? How would you determine who is a maniac?

snowtiggernd likes this.
  20. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

So...the presence of a penis makes people like sports, cars, beer, etc?

The other poster is correct. Sex is a matter of biology, but gender is a social construct. We're almost brainwashed to act in a manner that other people understand in relation to our genatalia. Gender is not only man made but arbitrary af

snowtiggernd likes this.