The reason Track & Trace is failing !!!

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Those stupid bastards Boris & Matt Hancock apparently haven't learnt from past experience and continue to utilise private companies (companies that are actually hopeless) to run the track and trace systems !!!

Labour Voices Alarm Over 'Failing' US Firm Subcontracted For NHS Test And Trace
    Shadow cabinet minister Rachel Reeves says the government has "serious questions to answer" over Concentrix's involvement in the service.
    Labour has said ministers have “serious questions” to answer after reports a “failing” US firm that botched the handling of tax credits has been subcontracted for some NHS Test and Trace services.

Shadow chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster Rachel Reeves said Concentrix’s involvement showed a lack of due diligence over the running of the service.

In August 2019, four staff at a Concentrix-operated fraud call centre were suspended after allegations that victims were branded “morons” and misled into thinking they were dealing with police when they phoned to report what happened to them.

The allegations were said to have taken place at the Action Fraud call centre which handles reports from victims across England, Wales and Northern Ireland and is run by the City of London Police.

Concentrix was also stripped of its HMRC contract in 2018 after nearly a third of the 108,000 tax credit claimants it adjusted or terminated had the decisions overturned at appeal, PA Media report.

The company was subcontracted by Serco which alongside Sitel, runs NHS Test and Trace through a contract reported to be worth up to £108 million.

It has faced a barrage of criticism about performance and value for money in recent weeks.

Thirty-five organisations are listed as “data processors” involved in the NHS Test and Trace system but only four are NHS bodies. Four are Lighthouse Labs.

A further four are Public Health England bodies and another is the Ministry of Defence.

The remaining 22 are private companies. This does not include companies such as Concentrix that are subcontracted.

Coronavirus tests have been unavailable in some areas, tracing of those who need to self-isolate has consistently been below the benchmark of 80% in recent weeks and only a third of people who turn up for a test in England are receiving results within 24 hours, according to the latest data.

Labour shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth, speaking in the Commons last week, accused Serco of “failing to trace 80% of contacts” and asked the government when “poor-performing outsourcing firms” could expect to see their contracts ripped up.

The party has now called into question the reported decision by Serco, who took on the contract in July, to hire Concentrix to provide staff for its operation.

Despite the chequered history with government contracts, Politics Home reported that Concentrix has been brought in by Serco to help fulfil its Test and Trace contract.

Reeves said: “As if continuing outsourcing to a company with such a bad track record wasn’t enough, this government didn’t even ensure that those it was subcontracting were up to the job.

“Instead of outsourcing to tier upon tier of private companies, this Tory government should have put money into our public services which know local communities better, and are far more efficient.

“With the testing system on the brink of collapse when we need it most, the government has serious questions to answer on why this subcontractor – embroiled in scandal and with a track record of failing government services – was given responsibility for part of one of the most systems in our country.”

A Department of Health spokesperson said it could cancel contracts with private businesses if they were not performing.

She said: “The public expects us to be doing everything we can to respond to this unprecedented global pandemic – this includes working with a wide range of public and private sector partners.

“Proper due diligence is carried out for all government contracts, we take these checks extremely seriously and all contracts also have break clauses in them, meaning if the company does not meet required service levels we can cancel the contracts and reclaim taxpayers money.”

Serco has been approached for comment.

Mysteron likes this.
  2. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

It just shows how ill prepared we are. This "world beating" testing service never materialised as they didn't have much control over the labs processing the samples .

I am still waiting for the antibody test being rolled out in the community as promised by Mat Hancock . IMO this is another U turn because the more people know that they have had the virus then more questions are going to be asked of the way the country is tackling Covid. At end of the day they don't want people like myself voicing our opinions on rules that don't serve any purpose for those that have had the virus.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Isn't it just as simple as not enough people give a shit?

4. Vladimir Illich

No, knuckle dragger, it is that Matt Hancock and Boris - (Remember he said we'll have the finest track and trace system on the planet ???) not getting their arses in gear and getting the track and trace system up and running properly.

Mysteron likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You also have to get those the authorities can't identify from a source to volunteer to come forward and get tested

If that doesn't happen 100% of the time, then ......it's only a matter of time

6. Vladimir Illich

Which very neatly describes the failure of the track and TRACE system !!!

7. Captain Scarlet

No Vlad. Lets get it right :)

It the "World Beating" testing system Lol

8. Vladimir Illich

'World beating' ??? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mysteron likes this.
  9. Captain Scarlet

10. Vladimir Illich

With Matt Hancock as the incompetent project Manager !!!

Mysteron likes this.
  11. Vladimir Illich

Now Boris denies there's even a problem with Track & Trace. Like the Hephatrump he's becooming delusional !!!

Sir Keir Starmer: PM is pretending there isn’t a problem with testing

PA
    Sep 23rd 2020 7:54AM
    Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has accused the Prime Minister of "pretending there isn't a problem" with the Government's Covid-19 testing regime.

During PMQs, Boris Johnson defended the head of NHS Test and Trace, Baroness (Dido) Harding of Winscombe, and said the UK is testing "more people than any other European country".

Opening their Commons exchange, Sir Keir questioned why the Prime Minister said on Tuesday the Test and Trace system has "very little or nothing" to do with the spread or the transmission of Covid-19, after previously hailing it as a game-changer.

The Labour leader added: "Both positions cannot be right – which one is it, Prime Minister?"

Responding, Mr Johnson said: "It is an obvious fact of biology and epidemiology that alas this disease is transmitted by human contact or aerosol contact.

"But it is one of the great advantages of NHS Test and Trace, which we did not have working earlier in the pandemic, that we now have the ability to see in granular detail where the epidemic is breaking out, exactly which groups are being infected.

"That's why we've been able to deliver the local lockdowns and that's why we're able to tell at this stage that it is necessary to take the decisive action we are ... to drive the virus down, keep kids in school and keep our economy moving."

[​IMG]
    (PA Graphics)
    Sir Keir replied: "Pretending there isn't a problem is part of the problem, Prime Minister."

He added: "Is the explanation from the PM that we haven't got enough capacity because nobody could have expected the rise in demand? That's the Dido Harding defence – or is it we've got all the capacity we need, it is just that people are being unreasonable in asking for tests? That's the (Matt) Hancock defence. So which is it?"

Mr Johnson replied: "I must say that the continual attacks by the Opposition on Dido Harding in particular are unseemly and unjustified."

He added: "Testing more people than any other European country ... we're going to go up to 500,000 tests by the end of October."

The Prime Minister said he wanted to see "more of the spirit of togetherness that we had yesterday" from Sir Keir.

[​IMG]
    Prime Minister Boris Johnson speaks during Prime Minister's Questions (House of Commons/PA)
    On testing in schools, Sir Keir highlighted that one in eight children are off school this week, adding: "How on earth did we get into this mess?"

The Prime Minister replied: "We are doing our level best to get every child a test who has symptoms and further to that, thanks to the efforts of teachers in this country, of parents, pupils, 99.9% of our schools are now back."

The Labour leader then accused Mr Johnson of being "out of touch" with the experiences of parents with school-age children.

He added said: "That's such a poor defence, the point ... isn't whether the children have got Covid, it's that they've got Covid symptoms and then they're off school.

"The Government's own department shows that one in eight children are off school this week. That disrupts their education. Whether it's Covid symptoms or other symptoms is nothing to the point.

"If the Prime Minister doesn't see that, he's really out of touch with families and what they're going through in schooling day in, day out in the last few weeks.

"The reality is losing control of testing is a major reason why the Prime Minister is losing control of this virus."

Mysteron likes this.
  12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The whole idea was crazy from day one.

Symptoms or covid are not immediate.
    The test is only reliable after a blood test and analysis to show immunity..
    You could contract covid minutes after the test;
    Taken too far, the spread of natural shared immunity will grind to a halt.

To make matters worse.
    The testing stations themselves will be herding people together.
    The scale of the operation would require using staff with no medical qualifications.

What could possibly go wrong. :yum::yum::yum:

Mysteron likes this.
  13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have just seen the official TOTAL death toll figures for the period ending 11th September 2020. (England and Wales)
    They are 5.4% up on the 5 year average with 1% recorded as covid without life threatening conditions.
    While they are higher than 2016 and 19, they are LOWER than 15, 17 and 18.

Talk about a storm in a teacup.............. More like a nuclear bomb in an eggcup ..............:yum:

Mysteron likes this.
  14. It's a joke as I see it all. I never got tested and never will. I know my health and didn't believe all the lies from the very beginning when the virus switch was turned on.

15. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I had a pretty good college background in biology and understand viruses reasonably well. The threat is real and it’s apparent that Trump, his luckiest, and apparently his buddy Boris haven’t got a clue. My wife and I are doing everything we can to be in a class of people when the pandemic is vaccinated down......that class of people is called alive. I think things would go better if Trump, crackpot pastors and people organizing booze parties were held accountable and charged with negligent homicide for their deliberate actions that result in covid deaths.

Mysteron and Tyrsonswood like this.
  16. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just saw a synopsis of a study done in Florida that determined the average years of life lost for a covid death is ten. This puts the cruelest conclusion circulating among conservatives that “oh well, those who die of covid had health issues and would die soon anyway” in its malicious perspective. In America that means the 205,000 deaths has resulted in over 2 million lost years of life. Ugly. The hypocrisy of the right in prattling on about the sanctity of human life is just so much moose drool.

Vladimir Illich and Tyrsonswood like this.
  17. Captain Scarlet

The fact is I think we are trying to avoid the inevitable . At some stage or other most of the population will get the virus whether it will be today ,tomorrow etc.
    I don't deny the fact that it affects people in different ways. I got a mild illness . My wife was just tired . My son and my sister in law ( who is black) were a symptomatic . My brother ended up in an ICU in a Manchester Hospital ( Manchester Royal ) and needed a heart operation .So some cynics seem to think I am taking this lightly . No I am not but I am a realist . Covid will get you unless shielded . I apologise for my bluntness here but there are too many people including most politicians with their heads in the sand . There is not certainty of a vaccine either . Anyway would you really want to be in the front of the queue for a rushed and untried vaccine ? I know I wouldn't .

Truth of the matter is the virus is here to stay . Lockdowns only delay . We need to start learning how to live with this virus like we do with other virus' like flu. . The alternative if flattened economies and restrictions on freedoms that adversely affect our mental health .

We cant hide away from the inevitable for ever.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Good luck with that

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You saw a study that predicted how long people will live eh?

Sounds legit

20. Captain Scarlet

A new Track and Trace App has just been launched today in the UK

[​IMG]

Are they really having a laugh ?

I am just wondering how many people would want to download this App which I think would present problems for individuals as regards

1) Giving all your personal details via a website .( we all know how well some institutions really keep this safe don't we? )

2) Answering personal questions including who you have had sex with in the last 9 day period and anyone else who you had contact with .

3) Details of your household .

4) Places you have been .

Then if you take a test and get a positive result you will have to isolate and not allowed to shop for food . I presume one would have to live on takeaways and get fat or enrol the help of a friend or neighbour. Or get things Online if your a supermarket Online customer.

Then instead of your nice income you get sick pay Wuppy do . Try saying that to you Council Tax Dept if you cant afford your payment .If on benefits you could gain with a £500.00 incentive .

Failure to comply could result in fine or fines .

I am not sure if the average person would want all this potential hassle .Thank goodness I don't have a mobile phone !

phil1965 likes this.