The Raw Healing Hike

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Love In A Dumpster, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Love In A Dumpster

Love In A Dumpster Member

Wow. That sounds so awsome. Wish you luck and good karma along the way. Have fun and be safe!!!

2. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

Amazing!!! Can I Come

3. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

Well i actually live on my own right now.... my mom lives in in another province as well as my dad. It might be possible for me to have the time,

though id like to know more about it

4. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

I hear ya! I've been longing to walk the appalachian trail for a long time! Sounds like a great time.

Just don't swim in the Ohio River! Pollution sucks!

I'll keep this thread in mind. I'd love to deliver some food, happiness, or anything else i can offer while you're on the Ohio.

take it easy

humandraydel

5. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Cool. Have a great and enlightening time. But, please, if you are going to hoof it, at least think about bringing a couple of pair of Birkenstocks or even cheap sneakers. I would't want Lockjaw, or infection, from a cut on your foot to ruin your wonderful summer.

Have a great time. What a Hip summer activity. I hope you learn a lot.

I AM Jealous. :)

6. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

WOW great idea!!!

ill be sending you the good vibes, most definetly! i hope everything goes well!

7. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

Heya,

You all going through the NY finger lakes region you got a place to stay - nearest neighbor about a mile away, springs, pond, lots of forest; blueberries, blackberries, shrooms, wild peas, garden greens, & sprouts - iffn you are late enough, apples - but then you won't make it to San Diego by summers end lessn you sprout wings... which would not be a bad idea - nice way to travel...

You decide you want to stop over I'll PM you directions and Phone # - set up mutually agreeable times - need to make sure we're here.

Blessings to you on your Way

8. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

9. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Back in the '70s a guy named Peter Jenkins did what these guys are planning to do. He walked from Albany,NY to Oregon and wrote a book about it as well as articles for National Geographic. Check out his books.
    Walk Across America(NY to New Orleans)
    The Walk West. Walk Across America II
    The Road Unseen
    Close Friends
    Across China
    Around the edge of America.

10. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

wish you all the best id like to come to but couldnt put it to gether that quick i would recomend shoes though you get off the road you got locust thorns an inch long and they dont like to come out! good luck let us all know of your proggress.