the rave scene

Discussion in 'House/Dance' started by peaceful_kid89, May 31, 2006.

1. floes

floes Senior Member

lotus
    eoto
    sound tribe sector 9
    disco biscuts.

all legal raves considered "concerts".

2. Gedio

Gedio Member

Psytrance and techno raves are the only ones worth going to any more if you dig the "scene".

3. PsycheDanic

PsycheDanic Member

Psy parties = le shizz!

Hell yeah! My favourite. :D Going to the next one? E.V.P... WOOOOOOO!

4. farmer dylan

farmer dylan Member

Yes I must agree, outdoor psytrance festivals really are the way to go. After raving for years I have finally found what I have been looking for in psy parties. There are many good ones (big and small) all across canada, the usa, europe, etc. There is even one being held on easter island this summer for a complete solar eclipse. beautiful, life changing gatherings. :)

5. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Heck no.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Hardcore, hardtek, drum'n'bass, dubstep and terrorcore parties are the shit! I attended plenty of events this summer and fall playing these types of music, they were awesome. Mind-blowing. Fantastic. They were as good as any psy-trance party, even better sometimes. I don't get why those are not worth going to, care to explain?

6. Gedio

Gedio Member

The music at drum n bass and dubstep raves are shit hot. the people, more often than not, aren't. Might be different where you live but it's started attracting wannabe gangsters round here. And techno (and unortunatley trance) and hard house seems to attract a lot of chavs.

7. xhippykid

xhippykid Member

Those are jam bands. Nothing to do with the rave scene really.

8. VaporDude

VaporDude Member

they are jam band/EDM hybrids.

probably good fun, i've never seen any of them.

9. LithiumBulb

LithiumBulb Member

We hav more rigs than ever popin up at the moment all wiv the intention of havin it yardcore, real sound bunch of ravers good music (all the genres mentioned soo far and more), only wish weather was better in england but techno in the rain and the mud is always a laugh!!

10. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

England, Ireland and Europe seem to be the only place where the "word of mouth, middle of nowhere" illegal raves are still going on. Ive seen a lot of people on here referring to house parties and clubs as "raves"!? the public order act in 94 seemed to have done its job well :toetap05:

Luckily rigs dont get impounded here in Ireland but getting to the places is usually a 1-2 hour + drive or hitch down tiny backroads. Theres only two main rigs used here in West Cork, a 20k rig and a 16k rig but they make for some wicked weekends.

The music has gone to shit as well in my opinion. Dubstep and psytrance!? Hardtek is still kept going here thank fuck and with the odd bit of drum and bass thrown in its still going strong. Cant wait for the Summer to pick up, then its straight back into the crusty middle of nowhere, dirty rave scene :D

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Colorado has some pretty massive ones, with top names

and if you want the 50 people in a unheated warehouse in December, we got that too.

12. Bad.Fish

Right, thats it for fuck sake, Im going to find a way of taking pictures this friday, even if I have to buy a disposable camera and showing ye what a "rave" is.

:rolleyes:

13. Bad.Fish

Right I came true on my promise.

[​IMG]

This is a rave lads.

14. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Hahaha

As I scrolled down, I first thought people were bowing down to the giant bunny :D

15. Bad.Fish

That.

And the 20k of bass :D anyway...time to go and sort out the other rave thread with a proper pic.

16. chronicjunky

chronicjunky Member

if you're in the Rave scene..then you gotta check out this live electro act called Speaker Junkies! they are sick. check em out on www.myspace.com/speakerjunkies or youtube.

17. hypermagicmountain

hypermagicmountain Member

I live in New Hampshire, and there aren't usually raves in the state, but I travel across state lines to go to them. The rave scene in New England is pretty awesome, and is right now experiencing a little revival. There aren't usually outlaw style parties, but there are a few different groups that throw fun ones that are semi-legal and still have an underground feel to them. The scene is really tight knit and has a very close feel to it, usually there aren't more than 1000 people per rave so you get to know a lot of the people pretty well. I am really proud of the scene up here; it is a good size, everyone dances, and there is little drama. Good vibes all around.
    Here's two videos of raves I have been to in the area, if anyone is interested.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A1udOfJzt8&feature=related
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3aNMB67UF8&feature=related

18. magicalmaid

magicalmaid Member

The Arizona Scene is full of little kids who just go for Drugs, That's why I don't rave here anymore.

19. magicalmaid

magicalmaid Member

I agree. That's How it is where I live