The Queen of England is not special

Discussion in 'People' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 29, 2018.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Even in America the tabloid cover has has the latest royal business. Why do I care if some kid who hit the genetic lottery is born or if the queen was seen at a charity event? Apparently it's a big deal to hear the queen speak on Christmas in England. She gives the proletariat a few minutes of her time each year how nice. I had never heard her speak until I knew this and found some youtubes of it. I assumed she never did and people were OK with that. Everyone loves you when you have no opinions on anything. They can assume you agree wit them.

These people have done nothing but be born in the right place. In a society that respects democracy and individuals educating themselves to have value a monarchy is pointless. We in America had an incident with some tea that makes me think we did not want a king yet we still worry about what a they are doing. There are several royal families in Europe with he same idea that they have no power but they are a nice symbol.
    But I have read of the king of Norway taking the public bus to save tax dollars. No one cares when he has kids either. He has some nice things too but It's really only the British monarchy who lives in the old school way. You will not find the queen on a London boss I bet. It is beneath her.

I heard the Sovereign Grant mentioned on a BBC show so I looked it up. Wow they still get the British public's tax dollars because I don't know why. They are royal so their place in British culture means the public likes them and what they symbolize I guess. Perhaps I just don't get it because everything about American education is "kings are not good, we fought them". But my country has it's own issues.

They say the queen has no power but she can declare war or other important things like that apparently. The family probably never would and if they did the people would resist. But there seem to lots of Medieval leftovers like that in her powers.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

To understand the necessity of the Monarchy one has to live in the Land from which one is Governed
    Perhaps when it comes to singing "Hail to the (your?) Chief", it is with good reason that "God save the (our) Queen" is a good retort :)

mysticblu21 and unfocusedanakin like this.
  3. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

You also fought alongside them , Twice !

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Our queen plays a huge part in stabilizing the country and being am important link between elected governments.
    Few people realize the amount of money that she brings into the UK from tourists travelling from all over the world.
    In everyday life, both she, Philip and her late mother (who I met on several occasions) are really lovely people.

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Do you know that the Queen has weights sewn into the hem of her dresses to keep them from blowing up when she appears in public?

It's not easy being Queen, lol

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't mind if she quit her job!

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I wonder if she ever kicks back in jeans or yoga pants.

There's a picture for you, lol - The Queen in yoga pants!

8. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

I only read the tittle of this post, and as a citizen of a common wealth country, I would like to say that the queen is very special.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  9. storch

storch banned

The queen of England is special only in that people believe she's special when she's not. But don't get me wrong; she's just as special as the rest of us.

People are always looking for greatness outside themselves.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I hope so. Esp. the yoga or jogging pants :) Not for my sake though :p

Aerianne likes this.