The problem with travellers ...

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Paul, Aug 16, 2005.

1. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

yeah i introduced you to a weekly demo last year, have you been since??

been questioned by the police does not mean youve commited a crime, but if your veiw of the police comes from watching the bill on a tuesday night then i forgive you for that.
    i never told you it was an activist that did it.

as for even using the word terroism makes me think you wanna stop readin the news papers.

and i think you dont know the motivation about cars getting set alight or damamged and dont really know what your talking about.

2. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

ive give up on this thread now, unless you got summin amazing to add.

3. HappyHippySoldierBoy

HappyHippySoldierBoy Banned

Very true my friend. I have not been since, which I do regret. I haven't seen you on any GM crop demos. I heven't seen you on any Esso demo's, and I haven't seen you on any Landrover / 4x4 demo's, but that doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to comment on these issues. I've been questioned by the police and I don't watch the Bill, but I'm fairly certain you said he'd actually done it? (Might be wrong, I was on medication at the time)
    I think I'm pretty justified in my use of the word terrorism. Firebombings, destruction, violence. These things are used as a way to TERRify people into changing their opinion rather than using discussion, informing people, or Non-Violent Direct Action.
    Therefore, they are TERRORISM.

Enlighten me then. What possible good can come of burning somebodys car?!?!

4. Doball

Doball Guest

Isn't the end of someone/something's life the ultimate suffering? Once you're dead there's nothing else. I'd rather be alive and suffering than dead and there being nothing.

I would also like to know what good could become of burning someone's car.

5. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

i dont see the point in enlightening you really. wont make a diffrence and youll just argue about summin else, i cant really be fucked talkin about animal rights on this forum. it just winds me up talking to pseudo hippies who are no diffrent to a fucking daily mirror reader except they got funny clothes on walking round giving the v's at people and saying peace man!
    and i think your medication must have messed with your head cus i didnt say a protester dug up that old woman, and even if i did know the div who done it im hardly gonna tell you am i.

if you really wanna know what the motivations behind economical damage to companys property are then i suggest doing some research before ignorantly arguing your point. what ever it is was.

6. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

yeah sure u would

7. HappyHippySoldierBoy

My point is that there are two kinds of activist. The first kind believes that although the system is inherently wrong, it can be influenced, changed, and made to evolve into something better. Using positive direct action, they hope to re-align public opinion. The second kind believe that the system is beyond help, and should be torn down, a piece at a time if needs must.
    It's this second kind that grab all the headlines, that turn effective peaceful protests into riots, and generally give lefties a bad name. The Black Block are a good example. Although there was lots of very positive constructive protest taking place at the G8, one group stole the headlines for all the wrong reasons. That is my point.

I'm not an arguementative person really, I was DEBATING. You're the one arguing, with all this personal bullshit.

I don't know where you're getting this from. I avoid most national papers because they're all biased as hell. As for funny clothes, I don't see what dress sense has to do with anything, but let's not let this turn into a "I'm a bigger hippie than you" debate please.

I remember this pretty vividly, but, as there is a possibilty I could be wrong, I'm sorry.

Look, I'm not "ignorantly arguing my point". I know all about this friggin issue, and what goes on at Huntingdon Life Sciences makes me very upset. I've done NVDA training, and know all about protesting, so, just because I disagree with you, don't assume I'm uninformed.

Who are the public gonna trust? People just going about their business (don't get me wrong, it's a reprehensible business that I despise), or the freaking idiots running round the streets bombing anybody that they believe may have ties with Huntingdon Life Sciences?

Maybe he would? It's not clear cut. There is a middle ground between suffering and not suffering. They're just the extremes. I'm currently "suffering" with Hayfever. I don't want to die though. My Mother suffers terribly with arthritis. Last time I checked though, she wasn't wishing the whole world dead just to end her own suffering.
    I know animals suffering at HLS is a totally different thing, and I believe that their suffering is totally unneccasary. But I don't believe, never have believed, and never will believe that violence is the answer to anything. The people who work at Huntingdon are mis-guided individuals, but, trust me on this, get one of them down the pub, have a good long discussion with him/her, and I guarentee you could get them to at least think long and hard about what they're doing.

8. Claire

Claire Senior Member

This-has-been-gone-over-many-many-times-before-Kristen....The-ins-and-outs-of-direct-action.-You-provoked-Pixie-as-far-as-I-can-see-and-now-you're-patronising-him-too,-taking-him-out-of-context-and-putting-words-into-his-mouth...why-not-just-drop-it-and-say-it-to-his-face-at-Beautiful-Days?:)

9. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

if thats not from a biased sourced then i dont know what is.

you should get a job as a reporter, serious, i think you would be good at it.

your a fucking twat mate

i aint a fucking hippie

10. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

for someone who thinks im a violent extreamist, your a bit fuckin mouthy aint ya

11. HappyHippySoldierBoy

I apologise for being a pedantic little fucker, a fucking twat, and for being a bit fucking mouthy (all of which I openly admit to being). For two reasons.

1. Looking back over the thread, I realise that I may sound sanctamonious, up my own arse, and it looks like I'm causing argument for arguments sake, which in some ways I am. I know I sound patronising, that's not my intention. I think I was mainly ranting at a minority that doesn't neccesarily include you, but you were a convienient forum target. I'm stubborn as hell, so it's hard for me to admit that I don't really know where I was going with all this, but, well, I just did. I like to come away from any argument feeling that I've learned something, which is why I've carried this thread on even though it should have died ages ago. Let's talk about it over a beer this weekend, because although we have different perspectives on things, we're both looking in the same direction and I don't wanna fall out with someone over something as trivial as opinion.

2. I'm worried that you're gonna swing for me tomorrow!

12. flor pequena

flor pequena Member

Wow guys, is this a lovers' tiff? Make up and we'll all feel better.

13. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

course i aint.

i just cant be arsed arguing over summin that dont need arguing over

14. HappyHippySoldierBoy

That's what the internet is for!

15. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

16. dapablo

dapablo redefining

The ends justify the means ?

Shakes head in disbelief !

17. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Yeah, animal experimentation's bollocks, innit?

18. dapablo

dapablo redefining

Yeah, but !

19. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

wicked!