The Power of NOW...Amazing Book

Discussion in 'Self-Help Books' started by Patience, Jul 14, 2006.

1. ShamanistiK

ShamanistiK Member

Changed my life as so many other books did. I have recommended this book to many people that have benefited from it.

2. space cadet glow

space cadet glow Member

A very good "gateway drug" into Zen. hehehe :)

3. FreedomSought

FreedomSought Guest

Eckhart Tolle - New Dimensions, an interview, was my gateway into the 4th dimension & personal development back in summer 2011. I was actually under the influence of marijuana when I first listened. It really left me in a daze. The Eckhart Tolle, I mean. Okay, maybe the ganja, too.

Then I put it into action. Started meditations, more reading, and I still keep up with his interview questions on Youtube. I also studied Jon Kabat Zinn, Mooji, Adyashanti and Sadhguru over time, from the similar "present moment" stuff. One of the most informative times to listen or read that stuff, for me, was during some sort of detox or calorie restriction.

4. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Self-confidence is good, but I would say it is more important to be self-aware than self-confident.

The likes of Hitler, Stalin and Attila the Hun were self-confident but lacked self-awareness or mindfulness. History remembers them with disgust more for their cruelty than for their political achievements.

5. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I keep hearing about it but never got around to reading the whole thing. I took a quick glance at it in a book store at an airport. Seems interesting enough but kinda dry as well. I only looked through a few pages though.

6. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Oprah saved your life, while baby Velvet Jesus was saved by rhinestones.