The Power of NOW...Amazing Book

Discussion in 'Self-Help Books' started by Patience, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Patience

Patience Member

The Power of NOW by Ekharte Tolle, is an amazing self-help book, it is recommended by Oprah, and more than million copies of it were sold in the last 6 years. And it was translated to 30 languages!

It is the real deal! I bought it from Virgin Megastore but you can buy it from amazon too.

Good Luck!

2. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

Ive started reading it, but have his book on cd "A new Earth" its even better I think, but the power of now is the original. If only everyone was on the same page....

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Personally, I think it is overhyped, overrated and unoriginal. This concept has been done to death by all kind of semi-philosophers and pseudo-enlightened writers.

4. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

i absolutely LOVE the concept. my mom and a family friend are all about it...the idea is so awesome, it helps relieve stress and everyting else.

5. Bacchanalia

Bacchanalia Member

The New-Agey lingo was a little much for me, but I really liked the basic principles and ideas. I know that they aren't exactly NEW principles and ideas, but they were presented in a way that made a lot of sense to me. So overall, Tolle gets a thumbs up.

6. blancnoir

blancnoir Member

I just started reading Tolle's "A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose." I really love his descriptions and how visual they are. He is an awesome writer.

7. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

I just started reading it. I really like it. It's nothing new but it holds a lot of good information. It is very well written and I think that those who don't get it aren't ready for it.

Peace and love

8. 1smurofpih

1smurofpih Member

The Power of Now is a magnificent book.

If anyone's interested, check my homepage for a review and summary of the book. :)

9. elenaz

elenaz Member

Ive heard about the Power of now, i gotta go grab it since everyone says its alright...

10. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

I started reading it recently, and it's good so far. Some great concepts and ideas, some I knew but had forgotten, some is explained in a better way in the book. It's a little heavy though, I find myself battling sleep if I read it after 7pm.

11. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

[​IMG]

12. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

Great book, as are most of the self-help books that are based on Buddhist precepts. Jack Kornfield is another good author, if you like that sorta thing.

13. liberer

liberer Member

THE POWER OF NOW.

read the pages twice.
    TAKE YOUR TIME

reaally read it
    really feel it

that book does some quiet magic.
    it's amazing and transforming if you let it.

:) i recommend it to all!

connect to your being.

14. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

one of the most instrumental works in my evolving spirituality.

15. ilovekush

ilovekush Member

This is a magnificent book. My mother recommended it to me after I discussed a few of the issues i was having with her when I was younger. It really helped me to see the world in a whole new light. Since reading The Power of Now, It's been a main and serious goal of mine to strive for my own form of spiritual/personal enlightenment.

16. Valdis

Valdis Member

I liked it!

17. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

eek, that's the kiss of death, no?

18. BornHippy

BornHippy Member

OMg yes, i recomend reading, 'a new earth' first then the power of now, cause that way i think you understand it better. I finaly feel so free and happy! I found both at lybrary! I stil often 'gorget' about being presnt but im getting beter! And i realise i had a huge pain body and i now forgiv my parents and am not depressed!

19. BornHippy

BornHippy Member

Oh btw i had them in cd form which helped alot as im not huge reader and would have taken longer

20. hipreplacement

hipreplacement Banned

I love the message of this book, but I don't like the 'esoteric' spiritual style in which is it written, it just didn't connect with me at all - I only came across is because I read another book, which put the concept across simply and in a simple, positive manner.